Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

Welcome to HDForums.com!

Reply
 
 
 
P
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 09-01-2010, 04:53 PM
chromedome's Avatar
chromedome chromedome is offline
Road Master
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The High Desert, SoCal
Posts: 1,077
Default Screaming Eagle slip ons and heavy breather

I am having SE Fatshotz and the SE stage 1 breather installed by the dealer (and of course the ECM download) I have the 103 engine and am happy with the performance as it is so any increase would be a bonus as far s I am concerned. That said... has anyone gone this route and can comment with their opinion..descriptive difference....satisfaction or disappointment? I'm not trying to open a discussion on what the better route would have be, (I know there are many) or what others have done alternatively...just looking for those who chose the same option as I have. Thanks
__________________
2011 Street Glide 103
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-01-2010, 05:31 PM
mtclassic's Avatar
mtclassic mtclassic is offline
Outstanding HDF Member
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromedome View Post
I am having SE Fatshotz and the SE stage 1 breather installed by the dealer (and of course the ECM download) I have the 103 engine and am happy with the performance as it is so any increase would be a bonus as far s I am concerned. That said... has anyone gone this route and can comment with their opinion..descriptive difference....satisfaction or disappointment? I'm not trying to open a discussion on what the better route would have be, (I know there are many) or what others have done alternatively...just looking for those who chose the same option as I have. Thanks
I was just at my dealer talking about this and the service writer said they no longer did just stage 1 downloads you had to buy the SESPT kit at an extra $330 and then pay ~$40 for each down load.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-01-2010, 07:35 PM
chromedome's Avatar
chromedome chromedome is offline
Road Master
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The High Desert, SoCal
Posts: 1,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclassic View Post
I was just at my dealer talking about this and the service writer said they no longer did just stage 1 downloads you had to buy the SESPT kit at an extra $330 and then pay ~$40 for each down load.
That's odd. Have an appointment Friday for the install of the stage 1 air kit, se slip ons and the ecm download. I had already purchased the slip ons from another dealer (using customer loyalty points). The appointment is for the install of them, the purchase and install of the stage 1 and the ecm download. Charging me $495.
__________________
2011 Street Glide 103
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-01-2010, 07:37 PM
LozoB LozoB is offline
Prospect
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 272
Default

You know what would be better...
__________________
At one point my life was meaningless. Hobo's spit on me. Little children would run up and kick me in the groin.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-01-2010, 07:40 PM
chromedome's Avatar
chromedome chromedome is offline
Road Master
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The High Desert, SoCal
Posts: 1,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LozoB View Post
You know what would be better...
LOL Funny
__________________
2011 Street Glide 103
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-01-2010, 08:16 PM
mtclassic's Avatar
mtclassic mtclassic is offline
Outstanding HDF Member
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromedome View Post
That's odd. Have an appointment Friday for the install of the stage 1 air kit, se slip ons and the ecm download. I had already purchased the slip ons from another dealer (using customer loyalty points). The appointment is for the install of them, the purchase and install of the stage 1 and the ecm download. Charging me $495.
sounds like the 330 for the SESPT is included in the 495.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-01-2010, 08:25 PM
chromedome's Avatar
chromedome chromedome is offline
Road Master
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The High Desert, SoCal
Posts: 1,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclassic View Post
sounds like the 330 for the SESPT is included in the 495.
Ok. I'm confused. Is the SESPT a replacement for what I was referring to as an ECM download? If so...don't care as long as it's done as needed. But the numbers don't add up. The initial cost to install just the slip ons was $85. Purchasing the stage 1 cleaner was $140. Having it installed and the ecm download is $270.
__________________
2011 Street Glide 103
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-01-2010, 08:43 PM
RK14SGS's Avatar
RK14SGS RK14SGS is online now
Supporter
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SC
Posts: 846
Default

I have a 2009 Road King. After my 103 install (included 255 cams), I had a STG 2 ECM download, SE Touring slip ons, and a SE Air cleaner. The bike made 74 HP and 92 torque at that time, up from 68 HP and 78 TQ with Stg 1 download, a/c, and gutted stock mufflers. Dowloads get the bike going, a nice gain, but not nearly what can be had with a true tune- 84 HP, 103 TQ.

If I were you, I'd unbolt the existing mufflers (a 9/16" muffler clamp bolt and two 1/2" bolts at the rear) and slip the new mufflers on yourself, saving $85. You can drive it like that to the dealer (or anywhere else), then have them put the air cleaner on and the download. Downloads are usually $149, but I can tell you this- please consider sinking this money into a tuner like the SEPST module, a TTS, a PC-V and get the CDs and cables and do your own downloads/tunes later on if you plan to do other mods. The sunk cost of a download pays half on the tuner, unless you can truly resist the need for more from here on out. Good luck....
__________________
2014 Street Glide Special- Mysterious Sunglow Red, 4" Jackpots, Power Vision, SE a/c, decatted....
2011 Street Glide- black, 107, TW555, SE Ported Heads... gone
2009 Road King Classic- 103 Stg 2, 255 cams.... gone
2007 Softail Deuce- black... gone
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-01-2010, 08:44 PM
ELcruz ELcruz is offline
Hang Around
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8
Default

I had the same setup installed on my 2010 Limited from new. I rode it for almost a year that way and was happy with it. Just recently switched to the fullsac x-pipe & TTS tuner. wow what a difference now that the cats are gone - and the Fatshotz really came alive.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-01-2010, 08:53 PM
chromedome's Avatar
chromedome chromedome is offline
Road Master
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The High Desert, SoCal
Posts: 1,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK09RK View Post
I have a 2009 Road King. After my 103 install (included 255 cams), I had a STG 2 ECM download, SE Touring slip ons, and a SE Air cleaner. The bike made 74 HP and 92 torque at that time, up from 68 HP and 78 TQ with Stg 1 download, a/c, and gutted stock mufflers. Dowloads get the bike going, a nice gain, but not nearly what can be had with a true tune- 84 HP, 103 TQ.

If I were you, I'd unbolt the existing mufflers (a 9/16" muffler clamp bolt and two 1/2" bolts at the rear) and slip the new mufflers on yourself, saving $85. You can drive it like that to the dealer (or anywhere else), then have them put the air cleaner on and the download. Downloads are usually $149, but I can tell you this- please consider sinking this money into a tuner like the SEPST module, a TTS, a PC-V and get the CDs and cables and do your own downloads/tunes later on if you plan to do other mods. The sunk cost of a download pays half on the tuner, unless you can truly resist the need for more from here on out. Good luck....
Thought about taking a shot at doing the slip ons. I'm no wrench. Just heard stories of having a hard time getting the old ones off and not sure if there is some kind of sealant. etc you need to put on the slip ons before you put them on. Anyone?
__________________
2011 Street Glide 103
Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:53 PM
 
 
 
P
Reply

Tags
103, 2011, breather, eagle, gain, glide, heavy, horsepower, ons, road, screamin, screaming, slip, slipons, stage


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.

Internet Brands, Inc.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.5.2

Admin, Emails & Contact Details