Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide Dragon Wings

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Retrop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Road Glide Dragon Wings

I have not seen any after market manufacturers who are selling some kind of wind deflector to attach to the trailing edge of our shark nose fairings. This type of wind deflector would surely help us at least to slow down the updraft that we all get at cruising speeds. I think Dragon Wings are what they use on the Ultras and Honda Wings.
Have any of you Road Commode riders ever fashioned anything like this for a shark nose fairing?

Old 09-15-2010, 03:46 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,722 Likes on 1,547 Posts

Originally Posted by Retrop
I have not seen any after market manufacturers who are selling some kind of wind deflector to attach to the trailing edge of our shark nose fairings. This type of wind deflector would surely help us at least to slow down the updraft that we all get at cruising speeds. I think Dragon Wings are what they use on the Ultras and Honda Wings.
Have any of you Road Commode riders ever fashioned anything like this for a shark nose fairing?
HD just released a version that goes under the Road glide fairing. Cost like 30 bucks. Worked for me. Sancho (a member on this site) sells the wind deflectors that attach to the sides of the Road Glide fairing... they are pretty cheap as well and I understand they work very well in keeping the high speed wind coming around the fairing off your knees and from coming up and hitting you in the chest creating turbulence. I don't have a link but he's on ebay...

lp

Old 09-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Might as well just take the car.