Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garmin Zumo 665 !!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 08:43 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Garmin Zumo 665 !!!

OK waiting for the big brown truck this week pulled the trigger eneded up getting one for $739 on amazon.

I would like to hear from you guys who have completed the install and tips and tricks on use. I can see now looking on the garmin zumo forums I am going to have to figure out how to get all of my music on itunes coverted to mp3 and figure out how to list it all in there for use. Looks like a can of worms until I can figure out how to consolidate all of this crap into one nice turd if you will.

I am going to mount it on the center of the fairing just in front of my dash bags so I have it right there and still have the bags. I will be consilating my XM radio and ipod on this deal for one does all unit. So any and all input would be greatly apprecaited.

Also I will be having a complete satellite system a XM XpressRC color screen for sale with a brake resivor mount. Also a nice polished aluminum techmount handlebar based that will hold any device that you find a craddle for I used for my ipod.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:50 PM
JBHDUltraClassic
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been looking at this. I really like my 550 but would love to have the weather radar. please tell us how you like it.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Sandy Mike
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Please let us know how you like it, reading the specs it looks great but it is a lot of coin. Want to make sure of the value before I chip in to the Garmin profit margin.....

Old 09-20-2010, 07:00 AM
TexasDwight
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like my 665--Yesterday the weather radar saved my a$$ from getting in a downpour. The wife and I went on a ride and after it was all over we had to go home, it was looking like rain outdoors so I punched up the radar and took a route home that skirted the worst of the storm.
I could have used the Iphone but We would have had to pull over and all--

I use media monkey for the music conversions works well for me-

The only regret I have on my install is that I mounted the XM antenna in the fairing- The Antenna is what XM uses for the ID- To be able to use the unit in another vehicle I will have to buy another antenna( NO WAy )
Or move the antenna so I can move it with the unit easily.

You may want to consider this before your install.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:13 AM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I bought one but haven't completed the install yet. I've just mounted it on the handlebar using the included mounting hardware. I've been waiting to take my fairing apart and do the xm install. Glad to hear the wx/radar worked well for you. thats a nice option, but once again costs with a monthly fee. Mine seems to be a bit off. not much but after i downloaded it shifted my icon a little and now things seem to be about 30 feet ahead or so....for instance when i'm at a stop sign, it shows me in the intersection. when i go under an overpass, it shows me under it just a little ahead of time. minor stuff....but i like the music capability. I just hooked mine up to the computer and moved it over into a folder and pointed the music toward it if i recall correctly. I don't memeber having to change my formats....maybe i already have them as mp3's. i like it. i know its a lot of coin, but you get a lot of bang for your buck too. have to get a mic so i can use the bluetooth connection.

cass

Old 09-20-2010, 04:48 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SICKBAGGER
OK waiting for the big brown truck this week pulled the trigger eneded up getting one for $739 on amazon.

I would like to hear from you guys who have completed the install and tips and tricks on use. I can see now looking on the garmin zumo forums I am going to have to figure out how to get all of my music on itunes coverted to mp3 and figure out how to list it all in there for use. Looks like a can of worms until I can figure out how to consolidate all of this crap into one nice turd if you will.

I am going to mount it on the center of the fairing just in front of my dash bags so I have it right there and still have the bags. I will be consilating my XM radio and ipod on this deal for one does all unit. So any and all input would be greatly apprecaited.

Also I will be having a complete satellite system a XM XpressRC color screen for sale with a brake resivor mount. Also a nice polished aluminum techmount handlebar based that will hold any device that you find a craddle for I used for my ipod.
I've been searching for the best price and I saw the prices under $800 and then I noticed the catch. They don't come with the motorcycle mount. J&R music in one of the guilty sellers. Check out this link and look at what comes in the box.

http://www.jr.com/garmin/pe/GAR_ZUMO665/

If you want a good price on this unit, get it at Lakeshore for $819 and free shipping. The part number is 76000014. This is for the HD branded unit.

Lakeshore is : http://www.lshd1.com/servlet/StoreFront

Last edited by sifularson; 09-20-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:03 PM
KutenFLHX
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I use Tunebite for my mp3 conversions. It will convert about any format into another format. Also does video conversion. Works great and a cheap download.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:07 PM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I got mine from http://www.gpscity.com it was a little on the high side but came with a car mount, motorcycle handlebar mount and all xm hardware. A little on the steep side at $881 after all was said and done, but it was quick. think it shiped the next day. the did have a rebate on them through july or august, but i haven't gotten the rebate back yet.

cass

Old 09-20-2010, 05:14 PM
Aleslinger
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Dealer hooked mine up to the line in back of the headlights and I had the Cig Lighter changed out to a 12volt port too.

When you turn your unit on you must agree not to operate it when driving/riding. However, I have mine mounted on the left bar which makes it really easy to reach if I need to and I needed to a lot this weekend. Make sure you can get to it if you need to...even when riding. Also, not a bad idea to double check the address with map quest (street view).