Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reckless Motorcycles -- Fairings

Old 09-22-2010, 08:49 PM
deli
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Reckless Motorcycles -- Fairings

Tried to search the forum for feedback on these folks. The online vendor feedback was generally service/price related. The product looked good, price looked great, (a grand less than some others) and all reportedly put together in Tennessee. Does anyone have any experience with this fairing, or these folks?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Old 09-22-2010, 10:02 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Both of my parents have bought theses farings and compared them to Dragonfly farings, they told me that they Reckless faring is a much nicer construction at a cheeper price. I will see if I can get some pics for you and a better explenation of how well they are really built.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:13 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by sonar_chris
Both of my parents have bought theses farings and compared them to Dragonfly farings, they told me that they Reckless faring is a much nicer construction at a cheeper price. I will see if I can get some pics for you and a better explenation of how well they are really built.
I'd be interested in why your parents think the Reckless fairings are "much nicer construction" than the Dragonfly fairings. Have they ever owned a Dragonfly, or even spent any time with one?

Dragonfly has a well deserved reputation for building high quality products. There's nobody building a better fairing than Dragonfly or DeadCenter. Dragonfly utilizes a stainless steel mounting bracket that extends all the way through the inner fairing and attaches at both the top and bottom, and is ultra strong and rigid. I've got a stage II 103 in my bike that shakes pretty good at idle, but my fairing is solid as a rock.

The Reckless fairing, (like almost everybody else) is bolted to the mounting brackets at the bottom of the fairing

Old 09-23-2010, 11:34 AM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
I'd be interested in why your parents think the Reckless fairings are "much nicer construction" than the Dragonfly fairings. Have they ever owned a Dragonfly, or even spent any time with one?

Dragonfly has a well deserved reputation for building high quality products. There's nobody building a better fairing than Dragonfly or DeadCenter. Dragonfly utilizes a stainless steel mounting bracket that extends all the way through the inner fairing and attaches at both the top and bottom, and is ultra strong and rigid. I've got a stage II 103 in my bike that shakes pretty good at idle, but my fairing is solid as a rock.

The Reckless fairing, (like almost everybody else) is bolted to the mounting brackets at the bottom of the fairing

Maybe you should go for a ride, a vacation or soemthing. You seem to be getting way too worked up over an opinion of a faring.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by sonar_chris
Maybe you should go for a ride, a vacation or soemthing. You seem to be getting way too worked up over an opinion of a faring.
wtf??? Seriously, are you kidding or what? I'm not worked up in the slightest, just posted some info pertinant to the thread. Why in the world would you want to make it personal?

Old 09-23-2010, 11:57 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member

Typical internet crap. Someone slams a product they have absolutely no experience with. Dare to ask them to back up their opinion and they start the flaming.....

Old 09-23-2010, 12:11 PM
highwayman1224
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Typical internet crap. Someone slams a product they have absolutely no experience with. Dare to ask them to back up their opinion and they start the flaming.....
You might want to actually read his post, no where in there did he "slam" anything.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:16 PM
slhanks4
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

I have had a Reckless fairing on my bike since May. I was apprehensive at first, given the low price I assumed it was cheap junk. I waited to hear reviews of the product from folks I know who ordered them and then I saw one in person. I went back home and ordered myself one the same day. They are made out of fiberglass and seem to be well constructed. I installed my own sound system (JVC head unit and Rockford Fosgate speakers). My only regret is not having done it sooner. With the sound system, paint, windshield (I didn't like the one that came with it) and chrome windshield trim, I'm into it around a grand.

Last edited by slhanks4; 09-23-2010 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Added photo
Old 09-23-2010, 12:19 PM
jimski
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wtf??? Seriously, are you kidding or what? I'm not worked up in the slightest, just posted some info pertinant to the thread. Why in the world would you want to make it personal?
It's unfortunate that he responded to your post that way. You're one of the most helpful guys on the Forum in my opinion. You always provide facts, photos or both in your posts. Most of us really appreciate the time that you spend helping others and posting USEFUL information. I learned a lot about cams from your posts in other threads.
Glad you're on the Forum and a friend.

Jim

Last edited by jimski; 09-23-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:28 PM
cromagnon
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

To me it does seem a heck of a lot cheaper. Quadzilla is like 1500, I think Dragonfly is about the same. For 650, you MAY get a piece that's a bit lower in quality but to save 600 or so it might be worth looking into. I know I was set on a Quadzilla but can't afford it right now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Reckless Motorcycles -- Fairings