Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 11:09 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

From our Facebook newsfeeds: https://www.facebook.com/FuelMoto

Latest member of the 120+Hp club! We built Johnnie E's engine a couple years back, last week we took this 107 to the next level. We installed FM Level B CNC heads, set comp to 10.75, Wood TW8-6 cams, and dyno tuned it with Dynojet Power Vision. Awesome combination, thank you Johnnie for your continued business and support!

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Last edited by fuelmoto; 04-07-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:17 PM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Gotta love that D & D exhaust. Beautiful....

Old 04-08-2014, 05:25 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

D&D is a Beautiful pipe. And great performance.

But puts out way to much noise for a long ride.
Ya need to wear earplugs.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:29 AM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by cardboard

I have had a D & D for MANY years. Performance Wrapped Baffle no plugs needed.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:52 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Localprez
I have had a D & D for MANY years. Performance Wrapped Baffle no plugs needed.
What is the difference in the quiet baffle I had and the performance baffle.
I know since I did the 107 the bike is a lot louder from the air it drags threw.
If I rode 500 miles in a day with loud mufflers I'd be deaf.
And I can't hear good now.
I got the quiet 09 series Supertrapp Stouts.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:22 PM
12hdrk
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Had an opportunity to do a couple of Autotune runs today. Got the VE's pretty close. One more run should do it. All I can say is holy crap does this thing run strong. Got my LePera Monterey solo today. It will be like a brand new scooter... Wait, it's almost new anyway and guys I work with think I'm nuts for tearing a 2012 down and doing this. THEY ARE WRONG. :-)

Old 04-09-2014, 03:19 PM
ICIBUY
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cardboard

At cruising speeds I do not think it's that loud! It is perfect for my sound taste... as we know, everyone is different though.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:37 AM
kishstl
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
Talking Dyno tuned my new Fuel Moto build yesterday

Jamie and Keith, Thanks for the support along the way with my build. It's all done and got Dyno'd yesterday. I didn't hit the 120hp mark but my torque #'s and the way the bike pulls is crazy! Not a normal experience for me to have the front end come of the ground on a bagger, but I guess I can deal with it Here are the old and new dyno numbers. Standard smoothing on the dyno run but the change from the previous dyno to the post build is what I wanted to compare and the old one was done that way. We added 13ft/lbs of torque! My tuner thought that with as well as the heads were flowing and with the extra displacement that adding a 58mm TB and 5.3 injectors he could squeeze even more out of it. What do you guys think? Enough bang for the bucks?

Attached Thumbnails 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto-2011-sg-dyno-3.jpg   107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto-2011-sg-dyno-2.jpg  

Last edited by kishstl; 04-10-2014 at 07:08 AM.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:00 PM
kingz489
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Jamie, I just made an appointment with you 7/9 for the 107 kit with the heads. I actually just started reading a few pages of this thread after discovering it. Figures, it's making me second guess the choices I have made so far and whether or not it would be beneficial to get the ported heads.

Current setup is : 2012 street glide 103, Vance and Hines dresser duals with CFR mufflers, performance machine air cleaner. I purchased and installed from fuel moto the power vision, tw-555 cams with your push rods and lifters. The bike runs good now but I want more power.

Sounds like the tw-555 cam is mostly for stock heads? Dresser duals won't perform good with the 107 package.? Will I have to start over with the cams and exhaust? If so maybe we could work it out before I ride the bike out? Just looking for some input.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 04-21-2014, 05:09 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

Originally Posted by kingz489
Hi Jamie, I just made an appointment with you 7/9 for the 107 kit with the heads. I actually just started reading a few pages of this thread after discovering it. Figures, it's making me second guess the choices I have made so far and whether or not it would be beneficial to get the ported heads.

Current setup is : 2012 street glide 103, Vance and Hines dresser duals with CFR mufflers, performance machine air cleaner. I purchased and installed from fuel moto the power vision, tw-555 cams with your push rods and lifters. The bike runs good now but I want more power.

Sounds like the tw-555 cam is mostly for stock heads? Dresser duals won't perform good with the 107 package.? Will I have to start over with the cams and exhaust? If so maybe we could work it out before I ride the bike out? Just looking for some input.

Thanks,
Mike
I've had this discussion with Jamie about this very issue - should I get ported heads with Dresser Duals.

His opinion was: No.

Reason is that you wont benefit very much because of the duals (some duals are better than others from a performance perspective, V&H are probably the least optimal).

What gains I'd get would be further to the right on the curve, and I dont ride much at 4K+, so probably not worth the extra cash.

So I'm going with 555s, and 10.25 compression, but stock heads. I will pay $200+ to refresh the parts you would normally get if you went with ported heads (valve springs, etc), I want the reliability.

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto