Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 08:17 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
If we are tuning with PV it requires either a Power Vision unit, or we can use our software here with a tune license which runs $199.00. This license can also be used in any PV unit if necessary if you took your bike to a different shop etc..
Hey Jamie, I have a question.
I just purchased a Stage I Kit for my 2015 FLHTK from you (ProBillet A/C, SS 2-1-2 head pipe, and 4" Jackpot mufflers and the Micro Tuner). I am assuming the tuning map that comes with the micro tuner was based on this map created with the PV. Is that correct?
If this is correct then one can have a PV map without owning a PV unit.

Last edited by Bertk; 12-05-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:19 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertk
Hey Jamie, I have a question.
I just purchased a Stage I Kit for my 2015 FLHTK from you (ProBillet A/C, SS 2-1-2 head pipe, and 4" Jackpot mufflers and the Micro Tuner). I am assuming the tuning map that comes with the micro tuner was based on this map created with the PV. Is that correct?
If this is correct then one can have a PV map without owning a PV unit.
Micro Tuner and Power Commander maps are completely different than Power Vision calibrations, they are developed separately.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 12-08-2014, 10:04 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Micro Tuner and Power Commander maps are completely different than Power Vision calibrations, they are developed separately.
Thanks Jamie.
One more question, using the micro tuner/PC to create a map, are the HP & TQ results about the same as the map created the PV?

Old 12-08-2014, 10:55 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Originally Posted by Bertk
Thanks Jamie.
One more question, using the micro tuner/PC to create a map, are the HP & TQ results about the same as the map created the PV?
The FM Micro Tuner is an excellent basic tuner best suited to typical stage modifications such as exhaust and intake, in these applications a bike tuned with the Micro Tuner or Power Vision will perform pretty much the same. It all comes down to the toolset required to for a specific application and the components themselves. For combinations with the addition of big bore, increased compression, cams, injectors, etc.. you need access to various tuning tables best suited to a more comprehensive tuning product such as Power Vision.

Old 12-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

The FM Micro Tuner is an excellent basic tuner best suited to typical stage modifications such as exhaust and intake, in these applications a bike tuned with the Micro Tuner or Power Vision will perform pretty much the same. It all comes down to the toolset required to for a specific application and the components themselves. For combinations with the addition of big bore, increased compression, cams, injectors, etc.. you need access to various tuning tables best suited to a more comprehensive tuning product such as Power Vision.
Thanks for clearing that up Jamie.
I should be getting the remainder of parts tomorrow.

Old 01-26-2015, 01:03 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

I made my appointment for the 107 kit at Fuel Moto for February 23rd. I'll be trailering my 2007 Electraglide Classic out there from Massachusetts, 1200 miles, 18 hours driving. We'll stop over in Cleveland after the first days' drive. The wife surprised me and said "I'm coming too.".

My bike has 60K miles and basic stage 1 with a Power Vision. Runs great, but my other bike is a Honda Valkyrie and I'd like to have at least the power that has out of the EGC. This kit will hopefully give me all that and a little more.

Initially I wasn't thinking to get the variable pressure clutch but I think I'm going to do that as well. Also getting the 50mm tb and .49 injectors. No head porting.

So basically going from a decent running geezerglide to very strong running geezerglide. Jaime tells me that the bike will run on my daily riding like a stocker, till I decide to twist the throttle a tad more.. where it then runs with the muscle we all want them to have.

It was either this or $30K for a new Limited that I'd still felt was anemic with all of the associated costs and expense of making it mine with all the stuff I've done on my present ride or a $500 bike payment, I'm too old for that chit. Screw that, I love the bike I got, and will gladly pay a a few pesos to make it run like the wind.

Going to be a real fun riding season! Yahoo!

Old 01-26-2015, 01:41 PM
BrianSF-GA
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by oldhippie
I made my appointment for the 107 kit at Fuel Moto for February 23rd. I'll be trailering my 2007 Electraglide Classic out there from Massachusetts, 1200 miles, 18 hours driving. We'll stop over in Cleveland after the first days' drive. The wife surprised me and said "I'm coming too.".

My bike has 60K miles and basic stage 1 with a Power Vision. Runs great, but my other bike is a Honda Valkyrie and I'd like to have at least the power that has out of the EGC. This kit will hopefully give me all that and a little more.

Initially I wasn't thinking to get the variable pressure clutch but I think I'm going to do that as well. Also getting the 50mm tb and .49 injectors. No head porting.

So basically going from a decent running geezerglide to very strong running geezerglide. Jaime tells me that the bike will run on my daily riding like a stocker, till I decide to twist the throttle a tad more.. where it then runs with the muscle we all want them to have.

It was either this or $30K for a new Limited that I'd still felt was anemic with all of the associated costs and expense of making it mine with all the stuff I've done on my present ride or a $500 bike payment, I'm too old for that chit. Screw that, I love the bike I got, and will gladly pay a a few pesos to make it run like the wind.

Going to be a real fun riding season! Yahoo!
I would suggest adding the Level B head work while the heads are off. That will ensure you get the "little more" over the Valkyrie. You didn't mention what year your Valkyrie is, but, a late model Valkyrie has about 105/110 to the rear wheel. You won't be disappointed.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:25 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I 2nd the level 2 heads.

Glad I went with them.
and you will need something for the clutch with the power the 107 puts out.
Goning to be a Big difference going to a 107.
Wise Choice

Enjoy.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:31 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA
I would suggest adding the Level B head work while the heads are off. That will ensure you get the "little more" over the Valkyrie. You didn't mention what year your Valkyrie is, but, a late model Valkyrie has about 105/110 to the rear wheel. You won't be disappointed.
I've got a 98 Valkyrie. It's got great low end, and awesome power across the spectrum, so I am spoiled. I did talk to Brian and Jaime about head work, but they didn't feel that for my general day touring I would realize significant benefits given the additional costs.

I'm pretty Valky knowledgable and I can say pretty confidently that most Valkyries are closer to 98/100. Mine's pretty stock and in that range.

You are talking about the $895 Level B CNC option, right? Can you give me a feel for what kind of power increases and where in the rpm range the real benefit is for the extra $900?

It's something to think about but might not make the budget cut for me this year. I am getting the heavy duty clutch spring and variable pressure clutch, the larger throttle body/injectors. I'm sure I'll be chatting with Jaime and Brian again soon and will dive a bit more into the Level B head discussion. I only want to make so many trips to Little Chute.

Last edited by oldhippie; 01-26-2015 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:51 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by oldhippie
I've got a 98 Valkyrie. It's got great low end, and awesome power across the spectrum, so I am spoiled. I did talk to Brian and Jaime about head work, but they didn't feel that for my general day touring I would realize significant benefits given the additional costs.

I'm pretty Valky knowledgable and I can say pretty confidently that most Valkyries are closer to 98/100. Mine's pretty stock and in that range.

You are talking about the $895 Level B CNC option, right? Can you give me a feel for what kind of power increases and where in the rpm range the real benefit is for the extra $900?

It's something to think about but might not make the budget cut for me this year. I am getting the heavy duty clutch spring and variable pressure clutch, the larger throttle body/injectors. I'm sure I'll be chatting with Jaime and Brian again soon and will dive a bit more into the Level B head discussion. I only want to make so many trips to Little Chute.
Gonna give you a little more HP and TQ.
And that is why you are doing hte 107 kit for the HP and tq.
Let your bike breathe a little easier with the bigger valves and porting of the heads.

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto