Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Old 03-04-2015, 12:00 PM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Steve, that baby is looking awesome!!!

Old 03-04-2015, 04:18 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

For those of you interested in the condition of cam chain tensioners after some mileage, here are mine that were changed out by Fuel Moto when we did my 107build. This is at 62K miles of fairly conservative riding. (well, compared to the cowboys)

About a 16th of an inch depth in the one and less in the other. Definitely appropriate to change at the time of being in there.

Last edited by oldhippie; 03-04-2015 at 10:49 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:08 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Flintshooter54
Steve, that baby is looking awesome!!!\
Thanks!! I am pretty excited about it!!

Old 03-04-2015, 10:13 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member

Got an appointment with Jamie for the big bore kit on my 2010 Limited. I already have the Woods TW-555 cams along with the lifters and FM 2-1-2 head pipe. I will probably go with the heads as well. After all its 500 miles up there might as well get it done right. My question though is now what exhaust. I have the smaller Jackpot slip on's. Which Jamie said will be fine but how do they stack up against the new E series? Not into real loud but would like something a little deeper. Still tolerable for long days in the saddle for touring. Hummm Anyone have the small Jackpots and switch to something else?
I don't think Fuel Moto sells these, but check out this video that BrianSF-GA posted about his build. He's got these 4" Bassinis (sp?) that sound pretty damn nice. Put this on headphones to get the full effect.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:26 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member

Got an appointment with Jamie for the big bore kit on my 2010 Limited. I already have the Woods TW-555 cams along with the lifters and FM 2-1-2 head pipe. I will probably go with the heads as well. After all its 500 miles up there might as well get it done right. My question though is now what exhaust. I have the smaller Jackpot slip on's. Which Jamie said will be fine but how do they stack up against the new E series? Not into real loud but would like something a little deeper. Still tolerable for long days in the saddle for touring. Hummm Anyone have the small Jackpots and switch to something else?
Exciting about going up to Little Chute!! You will love the experience! 2215 Kelbe Drive!! Say hi to the crew up there for me! Make your reservations for the Country Inn and Suites, and take your bathing suite for the mini water park they have there. Go to Simon's Cheese Factory and buy some cheese. Go over to Green Bay, not a long drive and see Lambeau Field and stop by Titletown Depot Brewery. Or go out to Shawano to Doc's Harley Davidson for BBQ and to see his crazy HD dealership.

I have no idea on the Jackpots, but I really like the sound of those Bassinis I posted of Brians, and he's getting some really good numbers with his build too and I think they sound really good.

These new Jackpots that Fuel Moto is coming out with are tuneable for horsepower and sound and I hear that they are nice and deep as well. So definitely consider this.

I've really warmed up to the 2-into-1 look and sound and performance, but pipes are such a subjective thing.

Please keep us posted and take pics every step of the way. Sweet looking Lmited by the way!

When is your trip?

Last edited by oldhippie; 03-06-2015 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:06 AM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member

Just saw on Fuel Motos FB page that they have 2 sets of Jackpot 4 inch slip ons for a bargain price. Display and testing models. I saw them on display up there. They look brand new to me.

Warehouse Wednesday $225.00 Jackpot 4" slash up mufflers for 1995-2015 FLH models. We have two sets of very lightly used mufflers that were used for testing and display, otherwise new condition. Save $134.00 off retail, contact 920-423-3309 to order, only 2 sets available.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:01 AM
BrianSF-GA
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by oldhippie
I don't think Fuel Moto sells these, but check out this video that BrianSF-GA posted about his build. He's got these 4" Bassinis (sp?) that sound pretty damn nice. Put this on headphones to get the full effect.

FM 107" Street Glide w/Bassani 4" Slash Cuts-2-1/4" Baffles - YouTube
FYI for everyone ... these pipes were custom shortened by Bassani. They sent me a "blank" pipe, let me mount it, mark the length and then I sent it back as a template for my custom-cut lengths. The "standard" length 4" slash cuts are too long for my taste extending well beyond the rear fender. The previous slip-ons were the 4" Megaphones with a 2-1/4" baffle size that the bike was dyno-tuned with after the 107" build, but I hated the retro style. The 4" Bassani slash-cuts are only available in 2" or 2-1/2" so Bassani agreed to custom build a 2-1/4" baffle size for my custom-cut Bassani's. I was afraid the 2" would change my power curve and the 2-1/2" would hurt my low-end torque with the reduced exhaust velocity. They virtually match the sound of the Megaphones and I have not felt any change in power or the shape of the curve which were my exhaust goals.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:49 AM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain

Originally Posted by oldhippie
Exciting about going up to Little Chute!! You will love the experience! 2215 Kelbe Drive!! Say hi to the crew up there for me! Make your reservations for the Country Inn and Suites, and take your bathing suite for the mini water park they have there. Go to Simon's Cheese Factory and buy some cheese. Go over to Green Bay, not a long drive and see Lambeau Field and stop by Titletown Depot Brewery. Or go out to Shawano to Doc's Harley Davidson for BBQ and to see his crazy HD dealership.

I have no idea on the Jackpots, but I really like the sound of those Bassinis I posted of Brians, and he's getting some really good numbers with his build too and I think they sound really good.

These new Jackpots that Fuel Moto is coming out with are tuneable for horspower and sound and I hear that they are nice and deep as well. So definitely consider this.

I've really warmed up to the 2-into-1 look and sound and performance, but pipes are such a subjective thing.

Please keep us posted and take pics every step of the way. Sweet looking Lmited by the way!

When is your trip?
Thanks Steve I am hoping a buddy decides to ride up with me. I had the opertunity to see Doc's one other time. Looking forward to dropping in there again. I will check out some of those other places you mentioned too. Also if anyone want a J & S jack there are located about 5-10 miles from Fuel Moto. Or at least used to be. I have not heard they moved. Great product too. My apointment is June 1st. Them boys are busy. That's the earliest I could get in. Going to be a long spring. On the bright side I will have it for Sturgis! !

Old 03-05-2015, 04:50 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks Steve I am hoping a buddy decides to ride up with me. I had the opertunity to see Doc's one other time. Looking forward to dropping in there again. I will check out some of those other places you mentioned too. Also if anyone want a J & S jack there are located about 5-10 miles from Fuel Moto. Or at least used to be. I have not heard they moved. Great product too. My apointment is June 1st. Them boys are busy. That's the earliest I could get in. Going to be a long spring. On the bright side I will have it for Sturgis! !
EXCELLENT!! These guys are total class. Are you going to ride up or trailer up? 500 miles.. make a nice ride up and an F'in awesome ride back!

Old 03-05-2015, 06:52 PM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain

June is riding weather. You bet this is a road trip! Just got to find a good way around Chicago. Not a big fan of the traffic around those parts. LOL Last time I was through there in a car it was raining so hard the police were blocking some on ramps to the highway. Roads flooded someplace. At least going up on the weekend should not be bad. Not sure about the ride home though. Might hit at a bad time. Will be worth it though!!
Jeff

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto