Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 10:35 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by REPO1
Well I finally was able to test run my bike today after the 107" build. I cranked it over a few times with the plugs out until I seen oil pressure on the guage. Put the plugs in and it fired up first crank. It had a bit of top end noise for the first few minutes, but once it started getting warm it all went away. Very quiet actually. No leaks, no noises, nothing. Boy was I happy!

I also ordered my SE compensator parts today. $650 Canadian, that included the alternator rotor, the glue for that plastic deflector, all gaskets for both inner and outer primary covers, sales tax, etc.
I'm quite sure the compensator will eliminate your starting problems.. you are going to love the way it helps the bike "hook-up" when you shift up!

What are you using for a tune for your 107 build? Congrats on that! Is it a FM107? What cams and what exhaust are you using?

Old 03-18-2015, 12:05 AM
REPO1
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

It's a FM stuff. fM 107, CAI, JAckpots, level B heads, Woods 555's, lifters, & adjustable pushrods. Running a Powervision with a FM supplied tune.

Old 03-18-2015, 07:41 AM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by REPO1
It's a FM stuff. fM 107, CAI, JAckpots, level B heads, Woods 555's, lifters, & adjustable pushrods. Running a Powervision with a FM supplied tune.
Awesome, were both going to have a great season!!! I'm still snowed in, but when I start it, it shakes the neighborhood! LOL!!!

Old 03-19-2015, 07:43 AM
Moochoff
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Starter clutch and an o2 sensor later I ended up with an honest 103hp/112tq in 4th gear. 580 miles on traditional 20w50, changed filter and switched to synthetic. Headed south for 4k+ miles.

Wish me luck

Jake

Old 03-19-2015, 08:20 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Moochoff
Starter clutch and an o2 sensor later I ended up with an honest 103hp/112tq in 4th gear. 580 miles on traditional 20w50, changed filter and switched to synthetic. Headed south for 4k+ miles.

Wish me luck

Jake
Good luck and ride safe buddy!!

Old 03-20-2015, 07:43 AM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Moochoff

Wish me luck

Jake
Thanks for reminding me.. I need to get new 02 sensors for mine too. Jaime told me mine we're lazy and they do deteriorate over time. My 07 has 63K miles, so time to get them. (although there isn't a lotta map space in in the closed loop range.)

Last edited by oldhippie; 03-20-2015 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:13 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Finally - First Ride First Impressions

So, I had my Fuel Moto USA 107" Big Bore build installed February 23rd/24th. Trailered back to Massachusetts and have been waiting out the winter ever since. (well, I did go to Florida for a couple weeks) I finally got out today. Just for 103 miles, but hey, that's something. The rain is coming in tomorrow and then down in the 30s forecast for most of next week, so my riding is still limited for a bit. We are usually out doing some fairly nice riding this time of year.

Anyway, I had to go get my state inspection sticker and I was able to do that. We did discover a flaky front brake lever switch and I was able to get my sticker but still need to work on that issue tomorrow. A fairly common problem.

So my initial thoughts. It was cold here this morning, in the low 30s when I left the house. I warmed up the engine for what I thought was a adequate amount of time, but still noticed that that the top end noise was quite pronounced, especially at low rpm as I gingerly navigated the 1 mile back road from my house out to the main state road. The noisy top end seems to have quited down a bit after the engine is fully warmed, but it is a lot of valve clatter. I was slightly alarmed at first, but it runs perfectly.

Back out on the road, I was still in fairly sedate 45mph traffic for the first 10 miles. So I needed to stay in 2-3K rpm range. The bike loves it, when the weather is cold like this I find all bikes love it, and this engine is just purring along with a low mellow exhaust note in 4th gear and I do 10 miles of nice sweepers down to my local Indie to get my Mass state inspection sticker.

Then up to Swanzey NH Monandnock Harley Davidson to pick up two new exhaust sensors. Jaime noticed that my narrow band sensors were "lazy" in the small set of 14.2 cells I have in my tune and suggested I get new ones. So I had a set waiting for me and went and picked them up. That's a 35 miles route of some gorgeous open country roads with nice sweepers, seperated by a few big wide open straights that allowed me to open it up a tad.

First thing I have to say is that the power is so "there" no matter where I am in the rpm range. Torque is EVERYPLACE and IMMEDIATE.

Secondly and everybit as impressive is how willing this engine is to spin up. On a long lonely straight section I slowed to 40ish, and downshifted to 3rd, then gradually twisted the throttle and not to WOT but plenty of gas. Click / Click through a couple gears and I am doing 95mph effortlessly.

Finally, the sounds coming from the engine below me and the V&H Pro Pipe are just OH MY GAWD Nirvana. I mean this is nutz! Going through the sweepers and accelerating out of a turn and then backing off and the sounds from the bike are a combination of a Nascar racer and an old Chevy Big Block. There are 2 distinct notes, a low mellow down deep growl and a slightly higher pitch engine acceleration note and they both seem to happen unless I'm totally off the throttle. I am loving the sound coming from the Pro Pipe!

I did 100 miles, it was about 55'F ambient temp. The Engine Temp ran at 250'F. The oil temp never got higher than 200'F but it did get to 200'F when I went through the gears a few times. I might of hit 5Krpm once but most was just 2/3rds-3/4 throttle and clicking up from 3rd through 5th. I might not have been in 6th at all. But I know I will love highway riding with this monster. Engine Temp varied from 230'F to 250'F and head Temp was about 300'F up to 330'F bit I wasn't watching them closely. (I have a 5 row Jagg Deluxe without fans.) I think the bike is running cooler than my previous Stage 1 96' configration.

It's a very rideable/streetable motorcycle. Of course I say this after just 100 miles. By the way, not a scientific measurment, but at 75 miles I still had slightly less that 1/2 tank of gas. For that I know from experience I am getting on the north side of 40mpg.

Did I mention how much I love the power and the sounds this monster makes? This is what a motorcycle should be. I found myself being grateful to be able to own a motorcycle like this.

A short video attached.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB_t...r#action=share

Old 04-02-2015, 08:36 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by oldhippie
So, I had my Fuel Moto USA 107" Big Bore build installed February 23rd/24th. Trailered back to Massachusetts and have been waiting out the winter ever since. (well, I did go to Florida for a couple weeks) I finally got out today. Just for 103 miles, but hey, that's something. The rain is coming in tomorrow and then down in the 30s forecast for most of next week, so my riding is still limited for a bit. We are usually out doing some fairly nice riding this time of year.

Anyway, I had to go get my state inspection sticker and I was able to do that. We did discover a flaky front brake lever switch and I was able to get my sticker but still need to work on that issue tomorrow. A fairly common problem.

So my initial thoughts. It was cold here this morning, in the low 30s when I left the house. I warmed up the engine for what I thought was a adequate amount of time, but still noticed that that the top end noise was quite pronounced, especially at low rpm as I gingerly navigated the 1 mile back road from my house out to the main state road. The noisy top end seems to have quited down a bit after the engine is fully warmed, but it is a lot of valve clatter. I was slightly alarmed at first, but it runs perfectly.

Back out on the road, I was still in fairly sedate 45mph traffic for the first 10 miles. So I needed to stay in 2-3K rpm range. The bike loves it, when the weather is cold like this I find all bikes love it, and this engine is just purring along with a low mellow exhaust note in 4th gear and I do 10 miles of nice sweepers down to my local Indie to get my Mass state inspection sticker.

Then up to Swanzey NH Monandnock Harley Davidson to pick up two new exhaust sensors. Jaime noticed that my narrow band sensors were "lazy" in the small set of 14.2 cells I have in my tune and suggested I get new ones. So I had a set waiting for me and went and picked them up. That's a 35 miles route of some gorgeous open country roads with nice sweepers, seperated by a few big wide open straights that allowed me to open it up a tad.

First thing I have to say is that the power is so "there" no matter where I am in the rpm range. Torque is EVERYPLACE and IMMEDIATE.

Secondly and everybit as impressive is how willing this engine is to spin up. On a long lonely straight section I slowed to 40ish, and downshifted to 3rd, then gradually twisted the throttle and not to WOT but plenty of gas. Click / Click through a couple gears and I am doing 95mph effortlessly.

Finally, the sounds coming from the engine below me and the V&H Pro Pipe are just OH MY GAWD Nirvana. I mean this is nutz! Going through the sweepers and accelerating out of a turn and then backing off and the sounds from the bike are a combination of a Nascar racer and an old Chevy Big Block. There are 2 distinct notes, a low mellow down deep growl and a slightly higher pitch engine acceleration note and they both seem to happen unless I'm totally off the throttle. I am loving the sound coming from the Pro Pipe!

I did 100 miles, it was about 55'F ambient temp. The Engine Temp ran at 250'F. The oil temp never got higher than 200'F but it did get to 200'F when I went through the gears a few times. I might of hit 5Krpm once but most was just 2/3rds-3/4 throttle and clicking up from 3rd through 5th. I might not have been in 6th at all. But I know I will love highway riding with this monster. Engine Temp varied from 230'F to 250'F and head Temp was about 300'F up to 330'F bit I wasn't watching them closely. (I have a 5 row Jagg Deluxe without fans.) I think the bike is running cooler than my previous Stage 1 96' configration.

It's a very rideable/streetable motorcycle. Of course I say this after just 100 miles. By the way, not a scientific measurment, but at 75 miles I still had slightly less that 1/2 tank of gas. For that I know from experience I am getting on the north side of 40mpg.

Did I mention how much I love the power and the sounds this monster makes? This is what a motorcycle should be. I found myself being grateful to be able to own a motorcycle like this.

A short video attached.
Been Waitin to hear from you.
Nice build Huh.
Rides like no bike you have ever been on before. The bike is Fun again.
Makes your adrenaline flow good.
Gonnna be hard to ever ride a stock bike again.

Glad to see you happy.

And by the way. Wipe the Big Smile off your face. He he.

I really like the one I did too.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:58 PM
Moochoff
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldhippie

A short video attached.
Pretty damn close to my thoughts too.

I also found myself "racing" a lot, especially with the trunk and windshield off. 0-60 is one shift and you're there in a snap. I think I've been hard on it since I've gotten home from the long trip. With all the new hp, especially when spun up, it's hard to stay out of the throttle

Jake

Old 04-02-2015, 09:18 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cardboard
Been Waitin to hear from you.
Nice build Huh.
Rides like no bike you have ever been on before. The bike is Fun again.
Makes your adrenaline flow good.
Gonnna be hard to ever ride a stock bike again.

Glad to see you happy.

And by the way. Wipe the Big Smile off your face. He he.

I really like the one I did too.
You totally get it!

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto