Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 09:29 AM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
Can you get the same basic power out while using a PCV or do we need to purchase a Power Vision?

Just curious. I already have a PCV obviously. Would rather not go to a PV when this tuner seems to be working fine...
Should not matter what tuner you have.. All depends on your dyno guy and your setup.... There is always a plus/ minus error due to air temp,atm pressure, and few other factors. I'd say say most part few points difference not a big deal... Not sure what norm percent error is but I'd say 5-10%..

Old 05-06-2015, 08:03 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Just got back from a little 282 mile cruise un into central NH, west into central Vermont and then back down into north central Massachusetts.

Man, I am loving this sweet, 107 build. I now have 2K miles on the new build. It is running really well. Temps today were in the mid 70s, the bike's oil temp is reading 215'F steady-state on the McEwan in-dash temp guage, and the engine temp is running 250-260'F. The bike just loves purring along all day long in the mid range 2500rpm range.

The sound of the V&H Pro Pipe is esoteric. The engine power is instantly available and always more than I need. WOT creates an immediate "hold on tight and things start happening REALLY FAST!"

Okay, who else is in the que for one of these awesome upgrades. Watchya got and what are you upgrading too. I can't be having all this fun all by myself.

Last edited by oldhippie; 05-07-2015 at 08:18 AM.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:52 AM
ebigfish
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me, me! Pick me!!!

Originally Posted by oldhippie
Okay, who else is in the que for one of these awesome upgrades. Watchya got and what are you upgrading too. I can't be having all this fun all by myself.
But July 20th seems like forever away....

I'll put it in the back of my pickup to get it there; that way I'll have transportaion for the day and 1/2 the FM boys need to do there magic. A buddy of mine and his wife are riding out w/me and she'll drive my truck back and he & me will ride back... about 500 mile 1-way.

-in eager anticipation,
-I remain
-fish

Old 05-10-2015, 09:44 PM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I am down to a few more weeks for my appointment. I had Jamie do a set of Woods Brothers 555 cams awhile back along with the stage one I installed previously. Bike ran real good for about 14,000 miles. Now something is off. I have a serious throttle lag condition. Thought I would run it back to Jamie for a look and re tune. So since I am going 500 miles I might as well add a little to the mix to make it worth while. So we are going with the 107, heads and the E series exhaust. Already have the head pipe, air cleaner and Power Commander V. Can't wait.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:21 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ebigfish
But July 20th seems like forever away....

I'll put it in the back of my pickup to get it there; that way I'll have transportaion for the day and 1/2 the FM boys need to do there magic. A buddy of mine and his wife are riding out w/me and she'll drive my truck back and he & me will ride back... about 500 mile 1-way.

-in eager anticipation,
-I remain
-fish
Very cool! Staying at the Country Inn and Suites? Bring your bathing suit.

Are you going with the Level B Heads? I wasn't initially planning on it, and then started listening here, and finally made the decision to go with the heads. Really glad I did, the acceleration on the top end is remarkable! Not to say there isn't plenty of power and torque down low too, but man on the other side of 3Krpm it is "Hold on to the bars time!"

Also glad I went with a 2-into-1 pipe. Their Jackpot 2-into-1 wasn't available back in Feb, so I went with the V&H Pro Pipe, and it looks great, sounds great and I'm sure it's doing it's part to make lots of power. Price was resonable too.

You are going to love working with Jaime and the team out there. They are just totally professional and a pleasure to work with.

Take a ride out to Doc's harley Davidson and have the BBQ and do the tour. The place is a hoot!

Old 05-11-2015, 10:28 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Flintshooter54
I am down to a few more weeks for my appointment. I had Jamie do a set of Woods Brothers 555 cams awhile back along with the stage one I installed previously. Bike ran real good for about 14,000 miles. Now something is off. I have a serious throttle lag condition. Thought I would run it back to Jamie for a look and re tune. So since I am going 500 miles I might as well add a little to the mix to make it worth while. So we are going with the 107, heads and the E series exhaust. Already have the head pipe, air cleaner and Power Commander V. Can't wait.
You know, when I was out there the first thing they do is put the bike on the dyno. That dyno tells them a lot about what's going on. In my case my fuel pump system was failing at anything above 3500rpm, ...it just couldn't put out enough fuel to meet the needs and the power just flatlined. The identified this issue immediately and sourced a fuel pump and fixed the problem while at the same time doing the tear down.

Makes me wonder how many others are riding around with poor performing fuel systems that don't fail or throw codes, but just don't deliver the needed gas.

...although mine didn't lag, it just flatlined power as the rpm increased.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:29 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member

You will be grinning ear to ear all the way home. How far a ride you got to get there?

Old 05-13-2015, 11:33 AM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain

Yea probably at the Country Inn for the night. After reading here a good bit I decided to go with the heads. What the heck its 500 miles each way from Southern Ohio so might as well do it right. I am going with the Duel exhaust. just like the looks of the duel. Balanced. 2 into one is a little better performance wise but its close enough for me. I am getting anxious to get this trip going! The ride home is going to be a fun ride. I have a buddy going along for company. Got a feeling we will be making another trip.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:05 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member

Yea probably at the Country Inn for the night. After reading here a good bit I decided to go with the heads. What the heck its 500 miles each way from Southern Ohio so might as well do it right. I am going with the Duel exhaust. just like the looks of the duel. Balanced. 2 into one is a little better performance wise but its close enough for me. I am getting anxious to get this trip going! The ride home is going to be a fun ride. I have a buddy going along for company. Got a feeling we will be making another trip.
You will be very pleased with your decision to go with the new heads. The acceleration is incredible. It will be a great ride home.

What I am finding is it gets better as you get a few thousand miles on and all the parts really start gelling together. I'm 500 miles for doing the 2nd oil change, and the bike is smooth AND powerful.. what a great combination. Believe me, there is so much power, you won't notice a lack of a couple of horsepower.

Are you getting the Variable Pressure Clutch? I would strongly suggest that too.

Get ready for an awesome riding year!

Old 05-29-2015, 05:13 PM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain

Wahoo! The day is finally here. I head out for the 500 mile run to Fuel Moto this weekend. I think I found my lagging problem. It was the MAP sensor. So replaced that so there hopefully will not be any problems for Jamie and the new tune. Now to get packing!!

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto