Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 05:59 AM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Pitbull2411
Getting anxious.......my Fuelmoto 107 build is under way. Being built & dyno tuned locally.
EXCITING!! You are going to love it!! Hold on tight when you pull the trigger! What cam and exhaust system?

Keep us posted.

Old 07-03-2015, 03:11 PM
Pitbull2411
Road Captain
Received 44 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by sudbury2010glide
You will love it!

Mind sharing info on what appears to be air ride in the back of your bike??
Rear air ride is Dirty Air instant up. DOT lines & fittings between tank, compressor & valve. Use bar mounted switch on clutch side for controls. Compressor sits in empty ABS tray.

Old 07-03-2015, 03:13 PM
Pitbull2411
Road Captain

Originally Posted by oldhippie
EXCITING!! You are going to love it!! Hold on tight when you pull the trigger! What cam and exhaust system?

Keep us posted.
Using Woods 777's & sticking with my Fuelmoto headers & slash cuts.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:10 PM
BrianSF-GA
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Getting anxious.......my Fuelmoto 107 build is under way. Being built & dyno tuned locally.
... keep us posted on the final numbers.

Old 07-04-2015, 06:08 AM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member

Do yourself a favor and get the Variable Pressure Clutch as well, it will really pay off with all that power, AND your left hand will thank you!

Old 07-04-2015, 07:40 AM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member

Just took a really beautiful 250+ mile day ride with a few close friends on the most beautiful day yet this season in New England.

From Central Mass up into NH and then crossing over the border into Maine for a bit, then west around Lake Winnipesaukee and back south into Mass. We did a combination of mainly secondary 2 lane roads with a couple of short sections of highway and some heavier traffic near the lake.

The FuelMoto team did a 107" Big Bore build on my 2007 Electraglide Classic this past February. I went for the Level B heads, Woods 777 cams, and the variable pressure clutch. I needed to upgrade my throttle body and injectors to the SE 50mm TB with 49mm injectors to support the fuel needs of the engine. I also went from the stock haed-pipe and slip-ons to a V&H 2-into-1 Pro Pipe. I am now 5K miles into the build, having done the first 1K oil change and then the 2nd 3K oil change and now another thousand miles for a total of 5K miles so far.

First of all, zero problems or defects. Which I think is pretty amazing given the complexity of all of the mechanical changes and tuning that happens, and the fact that the crew pulls this whole thing off in essentially a day and a half of work. Mine was an extra day because they discovered I needed a new fuel pump and that needed to get sourced and caused a delay. But still, this is very painless way to get your engine built if you can find the time to get out to Little Chute Wisconsin. I didn't feel comfortable doing this myself, and I could have found a shop local to do it but certainly not with the confidence I had in FuelMoto or as efficiently. I had the time to get out there and back being retired. But, if you are considering on of these builds, I would strongly suggest it. But, having said that, if you have a competent shop, that is willing to work with the fuel-moto kit (should be 100% acceptable, but some shops only want to work on what they sell/profit from) then definitely go for it that way.

So yesterday,was not a "Go-fast" day as much as a typical New England day trip touring day. 75~80'F and beautiful sky, soft breeze. The bike runs great on 93 Octane which I can buy almost everyplace in Mass. I run my PowerVision in Guages mode and keep an eye on the Engine Temp and spark knock. I also have a fairly accurate McGowan in dash oil temp guage. All day long the bike runs at 215'F oil temp (have a Jagg 5 row Deluxe oil cooler) and about 255~265 engine temp. The engine is happy as can be in these temps. My big observation here is that the temps really didn't increase at all as compared to my Stage 1 tune I had previous to this build. If anything it might run a few degrees cooler.

The one thing I do notice is that even with 5K on the build the engine is still very cold blooded and really takes a significant warm up time before it runs really happy. It just doesn't want to spin up quite as freely as when it is fully warmed up, which seems to be something greater than 5 minutes of idle time after start-up. A few minutes of run time as I negotiate the local neighborhood streets to get out to the highway and she's all warmed up. I don't see this as a problem, it's just an observation. Once the bike is warmed up it's still a very slow climb up to full run temps somewhere between 200'F and 215'F for the oil. (240'F~260'F for engine)

With these temps and and running 93 octane gas I see almost zero spark knock events. Maybe a couple on the rear cylinder within a hundred miles or more at all types of rpm and load, and even in these cases it's not really any audible knock or ping, just a hit on the PV counter. Much of this may be attributed to limitations of the Harley Ion Sensing system and the relatively less than perfect sensors in the earlier model bikes like my 07. In the later part of the day with warmer temps and now on 91 octane gas I saw 5 or 10 hits all afternoon, and again, didn't really hear or feel any knock but simply see this on the PV's guage screen.

So, how does it run? It runs incredible! The power range I'm in most frequently is that 2K to 3.2K rpm cruise range that will bring me down the highway in the 55mph to 65mph speed area enjoying the sunshine and flowers. Do I really need 113HP and 120ft lbs touque for this type of riding? Not really, but it sure is nice to have. Much less shifting required when I negotiate hills or passing or any kind of accelration. Just roll the throttle and it's pretty much unlimited power on demand. Sometimes I find myself taking curves using the torque of the throttle and a little bit of counter steer that is so satisfying using the bike's suspension and the "in-slow out-fast" riding style that Hough talks about his Proficient Motorcycling book. Lots of fun!

The engine is just as smooth and rideable as any stock bike I've ridden. Only at idle when that cam lopes chug-a-chug-a does it have a bit more vibration than stock. I'm not the type that is always wacking on the throttle or banging through the gears, so I have a strong suspicion this engine is going to perform reliably for years to come. The variable pressure clutch is another thing to mention. It makes the clutch easier to manage in stop and o traffic or to feather a bit if needed in slow speed manuevers. Definitely consider the Variable Pressure Clutch with this build.

Let's talk about the sounds this bike makes, another source of absolute heaven. I went with the V&H Pro Pipe for my build. FuelMoto had it in stock, and the price was very reasonable, at something around $570 dollars. The sounds are out of this world beautiful. it's not just the pipe either, it's the combination of cubic inches, compression and the pipe. OMG does this bike sound fantastic without being the slightest bit obnoxious in traffic or crusing level. I listen to the bike's stereo a lot less and just engine the music of the bike much more.

Just for a coule sentences on performance. The power this bike has, for a HD Tourer is remarkable. First gear I need to be careful not to pull the front end off the ground. Second gear you better be holding on tight when you go WOT because the Gforces are going to pull you back in the saddle. Hitting the ton mark is effortless, not that I do it a lot. My other bike is a Honda Valkyrie and that bike has plenty of power but is mild mannered compare to this fire breathing monster when/if you want it to be. Unless you're needing ultra competitive street-light to street-light speed, this engine is enough.

All in all, I couldn't be more pleased with the FuelMoto 107 Big Bore build. Day to day riding, mainly day rides, mainly 2 lane black top, some spirited riding it's perfect. It's the right combination of bad-***, kick-***, monster motorcycle, and mild mannered comfortable tourer, with easy cool running, easy to live with rideability.

I couldn't be more pleased. If you're considering this build I would highly recommend it. if you can't get out to Little Chute but you are capable, and/or have a good mechanic the FM107' BB kit, online videos/phone support is a an excellent build kit to upgrade your Harley by about 1000%!

Last edited by oldhippie; 07-04-2015 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:45 PM
Pitbull2411
Road Captain

Picked up the bike this morning. Only had time to ride it the 10 miles home, but all I can say is WOW! Might have to get a new seat w/back rest capability to keep my *** planted!

Hope to get out for a some riding tomorrow.

Old 07-04-2015, 04:41 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member

Picked up the bike this morning. Only had time to ride it the 10 miles home, but all I can say is WOW! Might have to get a new seat w/back rest capability to keep my *** planted!

Hope to get out for a some riding tomorrow.

Nice curves!! You are going to love it! I'm glad to see you giving a little love to the engine! Now you got the whole enchilada!

Old 07-04-2015, 05:36 PM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

any run conditions?

Old 07-05-2015, 07:46 PM
Pitbull2411
Road Captain

Originally Posted by oldhippie
Do yourself a favor and get the Variable Pressure Clutch as well, it will really pay off with all that power, AND your left hand will thank you!
I now understand how helpful this would have been a few days ago.

I'll have to consider options and when, def a heavy pull now!

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto