Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 11:41 PM
kylebryan
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MrWrestlingII
For those who have similar builds. What clutch setup are you using and do you like it? Fuel Moto says either the heavy duty spring or the AIM clutch will work, with the AIM having a much lighter lever. I don’t mind spending the extra $$$ for the AIM clutch but if people with the same build aren’t having issues with the HD spring I will go that route.

2008 FLHRC with 45,000 miles
Stock head pipes with FM Jackpot slipons
Stage1 air cleaner
FM 107 kit,777 cams, 10.5:1 compression
FM IC cylinders
FM level B heads
FM Power Vision with Target Tune
I've run the Barnett spring, the AIM variable pressure and now I'm Running a rekluse EXP in mine. The Barnett spring was a low cost quick fix and the lever pull was ridiculous. The aim was a great option and the lever pull was great. I switched to the EXP so I didn't have to hold the clutch in traffic. The EXP is holding solid and i wouldn't hesitate to buy another one for my 107 build!

Old 01-19-2016, 09:24 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Great time of year to do the trek out to Little Chute and get Jaime and team to sprinkle magic dust all over your ride! I did 8.5K on mine last year, and it behaved perfectly.

It's 12'F here tonight with 50mph winds.. I'm sitting round the shanty feeding oak splits to the woodstove and waiting for Spring.

Anyone going out to FM anytime soon? We want pics!

Last edited by oldhippie; 01-19-2016 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:34 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Here is a chart from one of our dealers they just finished up, Pure Powersports in Crystal Lake, IL. This is one of our hi output 107 combination's in a 2015 FLHX:
Fuel Moto 107 kit 10.75:1 comp
FM Level C CNC heads
Wood TW8-6 cams
He was running V&H PowerDuals w/V&H slip ons, SE intake, stock TB & injectors, stock crankshaft, dyno tuned with Dynojet Power Vision.

Dyno chart comparing 2015 FLHX, FM 107 Hi Output build vs stock 103 engine with exhaust, SE intake, base tune

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 01-26-2016, 12:42 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Today we will talk about the importance or choosing a proper exhaust for your combination. While stock bikes are relatively friendly to most exhaust setup's, having the correct exhaust combo becomes far more crucial when you start making engine modifications such as cams and big bore kits.
Exhaust choice can make as much difference in a combination as the cam and it can make or break your setup. One needs to look at the big picture when putting a selection of parts together, each component needs to complement the next. The dyno chart in this post is from one of our dealers that tuned one of our FM 107 kits with TW-777 cams, they changed mufflers and it shows the specific difference between what just a set of mufflers can do.
Run #17 was with a extremely large stepped/open baffle, and Run #20 is with conventional straight thru baffles. Both setups got full dyno tunes. There is a difference of 20+Tq in the lower RPM's just from a muffler swap. Dyno chart courtesy Sheffer Performance
This is one example and individual results are relative to the combination. Thank you for tuning in and choose your exhaust wisely!

Old 01-27-2016, 12:25 PM
Hughey79
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default doing my build next month

I have my appointment set for next month and it seems like it will never get here not that it matters with the weather (winter) anyway.

Going with the following build.

107 with level B heads. Cam is 999-6A. AIM clutch. Trading in my power commander V I bought from them for this bike to a power vision. I currently run the HD heavy breather and a Dragos 2-1 exhaust so hoping power will be up there with the 2-1 exhaust.

I chose not to do the port/polish on the throttle body from speaking with Bob on the phone and from the research here as well.

Old 01-28-2016, 06:55 AM
ninja12
Novice

Jamie,
Really like the pipe comparison chart. Peak number would make them sound very close. This shows what you gain and where.
Can you show a FM107 dyno chart with and without your level b heads.
Same cam.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:27 AM
equandt
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hughey79
I have my appointment set for next month and it seems like it will never get here not that it matters with the weather (winter) anyway.

Going with the following build.

107 with level B heads. Cam is 999-6A. AIM clutch. Trading in my power commander V I bought from them for this bike to a power vision. I currently run the HD heavy breather and a Dragos 2-1 exhaust so hoping power will be up there with the 2-1 exhaust.

I chose not to do the port/polish on the throttle body from speaking with Bob on the phone and from the research here as well.
Please post your dyno results when done. I'm doing the same build in early April but with the Jackpot Road & Track 2:1 exhaust. I even have the HD heavy breather. I'll be very interested in your results.

Good luck with your build.

Old 01-28-2016, 01:56 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by ninja12
Jamie,
Really like the pipe comparison chart. Peak number would make them sound very close. This shows what you gain and where.
Can you show a FM107 dyno chart with and without your level b heads.
Same cam.
I'll dig up a chart of a Fuel Moto 107 with/without heads, it will need to be on the same bike/same day to be relative. I'll find something from our testing and post it.

Old 01-29-2016, 11:44 AM
Hughey79
Tourer

Originally Posted by equandt
Please post your dyno results when done. I'm doing the same build in early April but with the Jackpot Road & Track 2:1 exhaust. I even have the HD heavy breather. I'll be very interested in your results.

Good luck with your build.
I sure will. The days are counting down. I'll post my dyno sheet if I can when I return. Only 30 days to go!!!

Old 02-03-2016, 08:02 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Hughey79
I sure will. The days are counting down. I'll post my dyno sheet if I can when I return. Only 30 days to go!!!
Very exciting!

Looking forward to hearing about your experience. I'm sure it will be excellent!

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto