Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 03:21 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts
Default 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

I am starting this thread to post the test data and information on our Fuel Moto 107" big bore kit as a spin off of our Wood's Knight Prowler TW6-6 and TW-555 cams testing thread which has evolved a bit along the way. This thread will not used as a comparison with other kits, rather what you can expect from our kit and the combinations we test along with supportive data and technical information. The original thread can be viewed here https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...fuel-moto.html

In this combination we assembled the engine with our 107 pistons and the stock heads. Before I get too far I want to note a bit of a change in our plans with these kits. Fuel Moto has determined for us to offer the highest level of performance, customer support, and quality we are taking the entire engine program in house. We will use our Fuel Moto piston kits, pushrods and with gasket sets, along with Wood's Knight Prowler cams and Directional lifters. The cylinder head machine work will not be done on site, however we will handle assembly in house. This will give us 100% control over the support and overall quality of our kits.

This combination uses CP forged pistons with bored OEM stock cylinders and we assembled it with completely stock cylinder heads. We retained the Wood TW-555 cams and Directional lifters from our earlier testing and changed the pushrods to the new Fuel Moto EZ install pushrods (more on them later) We did several heat cycles and I was able to put some miles on last night and it runs out very strong. I had the PC-V/Auto Tune with the map from our previous 107" testing with stage II heads and the map was very close, it built a table of fuel trims mostly negative values less than 5%, none of them more than 10%. I put it on the dyno this morning and made some quick runs. This combination makes very good numbers and runs out absolutely awesome, especially considering it has stock cylinder heads. At 105Hp/115Tq it is only 5 less than with the Revolution cylinders and Stage II heads and remember this new combination is not broke in and I have not even fully tuned it yet. More to come.......

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 09-29-2010, 04:48 PM
SS ARMS
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These #'s look good for stock heads, keep it coming. Looking for all the good input i can get on the 107" build's. One of the motor builders I have spoke with recommended the 107 to me. It was also suggested to me by Bob Wood to use the TW-400-6 cam with a 30 tooth front pulley. Any Input?
Thanks.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:10 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Do we send in our jugs or get them done ourselves? Any idea on price?

Old 09-29-2010, 05:16 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrPlastic
Read his post, he says he's DOING IT IN HOUSE.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:33 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I got that!!! I was asking about the cylinders which he just mentions are bored OEM cylinders. Jezzzz!

Old 09-29-2010, 06:49 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jamie,
Your "107 Big Bore Kit" can use the oem 96" cylinders, or do they have to be 103" cylinders to start with?

Old 09-29-2010, 07:09 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by SS ARMS
These #'s look good for stock heads, keep it coming. Looking for all the good input i can get on the 107" build's. One of the motor builders I have spoke with recommended the 107 to me. It was also suggested to me by Bob Wood to use the TW-400-6 cam with a 30 tooth front pulley. Any Input?
Thanks.
It all depends how much power you are looking for, where you want it, and what additional mods you are required to support the build. With the TW-400-6 it will certainly make big power over a broad range, however you will need the valvetrain to support .650 lift and the cylinder heads that will flow, and the combination all needs to work together.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:12 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by DrPlastic
Here is what our Fuel Moto 107 base kit will include as well as pricing for 2007 and newer models:

CP/Fuel Moto pistons 107" 3.937" Bore/ 10.25 compression

precision bored OEM cylinders (core exchange available or 1-2 day turnaround with your supplied cylinders)

Wood Knight Prowler TW-555 cams

Fuel Moto .095" tapered EZ Install pushrods

Wood Knight Prowler Directional lifters

All necessary gaskets, orings and Torrington Inner cam bearings for installation

Retail price $1299.00 complete

We also will install the kit complete with all of the parts, installation, and fully dyno tuned for $1995.00

Old 09-29-2010, 07:14 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by AK BAGGER
Jamie,
Your "107 Big Bore Kit" can use the oem 96" cylinders, or do they have to be 103" cylinders to start with?
We will offer a core exchange with either 96" cylinder or 103" cylinders, or you can send us yours for a 1-2 day turnaround

Old 09-29-2010, 07:37 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn... that sounds like an awesome price for a 107" build on my 96"! Now I just have to figure shipping on my jugs from Alaska and back (which is usaully a "ball breaker"!).

Thanks for the feedback Jamie. As usual, quick response with all the details. Excellent service, excellent products, excellent engineering, all at the best price. It's probably good that I live half a continent away from you guys. I'd be broke and single if i lived any closer! LOL!

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto