Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which Tour-Pak for my 2010 Street Glide???
King Tour-Pak
55.63%
Chopped Tour-Pak
39.38%
Razor Tour-Pak
5.00%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Which Tour-Pak for my Street Glide???

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 10:31 AM
slick10
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by r8rs4lf
Not to be a dick, but did you know your AC cover doesn't match the way your rims are going? I think the cover needs to be turned over.
Yah, I know! Problem is that it was made that way. What the hell!

Old 10-13-2010, 10:54 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

Just another reason I'm glad the OL is gone!
Dont need no ugly tour-pak! GF rides her own!

Old 04-18-2015, 09:48 PM
JDUB103
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True

I totally agree. I've been on the fence for awhile between the chopped and king. Going to go with the KING after reading your response. Thank you.
Originally Posted by one-up
My Opinion - all tour pacs are ugly!!! That's why we buy Street Glides and Road Glide Customs and not Electra Glides -right?? Right. So........... now that "looks" are no longer a factor (because we already know they're ugly), what's left?? Only FUNCTION. If I were to make my Street Glide ugly with a tour pac (and I might some day), I would put the KING tour pac on it.

For what it's worth. Good luck in your hunt.

Old 04-19-2015, 02:04 AM
Melroy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

I like the look of the chopped and razor paks. However me and the wife ride 2up a lot and we like to ride the bike to our cabin so the king pak was more realistic.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:59 AM
Scaffido
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the King. The tour pak is great, it's the backrest that makes it look huge.
I figured if I'm spending the $$$ get the big one. I can fit 2 full faced helmets in it and a ton of gear. Can never have to much space.

Attached Thumbnails Which Tour-Pak for my Street Glide???-image.jpg  
Old 04-19-2015, 10:02 AM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 157 Posts
Default swine box

http://www.swinebox.com/

Old 04-19-2015, 11:45 AM
RevBlk
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts

King tourpak on my RK along with a Reckless fairing for touring. Around town she's naked. If it's just me on a big trip I put on my luggage rack and toss a t bag on it. It's easier as I just grab it and head into the room at the end of the days ride. If the wife is with me it's the tourpak and a bag on the rack that I mounted to it. And it's still a tight squeeze. Small lady but man she packs a lot of clothes

Old 04-19-2015, 12:47 PM
Colorido
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm in the camp that thinks all TPs are ugly. I much prefer the bike with nothing on the back, not even a sissy bar backrest. But I ride with a full-face and it's just far more convenient to have the king TP to put it in.

When touring, I put a cooler in the TP that still allows room for my full face when I'm off the bike. I use the saddlemen's backset bag designed to formfit to the king tp backrest for carrying everything I need for camping and gear.

I really don't see the point of a razor or chopped pack.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:46 PM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

Based on what you described, go chopped or king. However, I have a razor and despite what some think ....it suits my needs and my wife's needs. I get guys coming up to me asking why I would buy such a thing....and my reply is ...because it suits my needs. If my wife road alot and we did more than 2-3 day weekend trips, I would have gone chopped. If she were taller than 5'....I would not have bought a razor either. You have to buy what suits your needs and it sounds like you would do well with the chopped or king. I thought I would only use it for trips, but I've only taken it off once. I like to use it for "stuff" instead of bending over to the bags.

I thank God I buy exactly what I want because if I were overly concerned about what others thought my needs were ...I'd have a King Tour Pak and it would be overkill for me. Plus I just do not like it. But if I ever need one, I'll buy an Ultra

Old 04-20-2015, 02:12 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the Razor. Told my g/f that we have to fit everything in the saddlebags and Razor and that's it, if she needs more...... Fed Ex it!!!!

Quick Reply: Which Tour-Pak for my Street Glide???