Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How did you mount your cell phone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Troubleman
Turned off, rattling around in the bottom of my saddle bag.
Thats where I have mine, which is a good place for the phone. I have no desire to use it, during my rides. No way I would be able to enjoy myself and the bike while chatting on a phone.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

My Iphone4 is mounted in a RAM mount on the handlebars just lef tof center right up agianst the riser, works great for me. You do have to wear fingerless gloves for the touch screen, or not wear gloves at all. Ill get you some pics tomorow sometime and post them here.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:43 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

techmount - very clean set up

Old 10-08-2010, 11:21 PM
sr_smyth
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

i agree, ram mount-ram it into my tour pack and not worry about the damn thing :-\0

Old 10-09-2010, 01:53 AM
dhincc
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sr_smyth
i agree, ram mount-ram it into my tour pack and not worry about the damn thing :-\0
Must be nice. Some of us are "on call" 24/7, and don't have the luxury of "disconnecting". But, like I said before ... must be nice!

Ride safe!

Old 10-09-2010, 07:16 AM
cmhfguy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Instamapper app on my iPhone. On trips, I leave the iPhone turned on with the app running and in the tourpak. That way the wife and kids can follow me live on a google map as I travel.

Old 10-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

ok, here is the ram mount in action. I purchased a hot point plug and shortened the cable down and put on an end that fit my batter maintainer plug, then i purchased the cig lighter usb charger and run my usb cable down under the tank and back to the charger. going to buy a different charger so i can wire it out of sight permanently.

Attached Thumbnails How did you mount your cell phone?-111-146.jpg   How did you mount your cell phone?-111-147.jpg   How did you mount your cell phone?-111-148.jpg   How did you mount your cell phone?-111-149.jpg  
Old 10-10-2010, 06:59 AM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great responses, now I have some options thanks. For some they don't like bring plugged in, they want to be disconnected from the world while riding and thats ok for them. I on the other hand like listening to the radio while riding, looking at a GPS for different routes to take, traffic conditions, being able to pull up a weather map and seeing what the big black cloud is really going to do. I am going to do what cmhfguy did and find an instant mapper for my family to look at. To each his own, thats why they make so many different types of Harleys and not just one.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:59 AM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff W
ok, here is the ram mount in action. I purchased a hot point plug and shortened the cable down and put on an end that fit my batter maintainer plug, then i purchased the cig lighter usb charger and run my usb cable down under the tank and back to the charger. going to buy a different charger so i can wire it out of sight permanently.
Looks good Jeff, thanks... nice looking bike too.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:02 AM
PRPL RK
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iphone / Ram mount / bar mounted

Quick Reply: How did you mount your cell phone?