Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering damper/stabilizer on a FLHT

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,324 Likes on 3,269 Posts
Default Steering damper/stabilizer on a FLHT

Wondering if any of you have put one of these on your Electra glides? Wonder if it would smoothe out the ride any more?

Old 10-14-2010, 08:58 PM
whetsel.m
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a damper on my FLHX. It doesn't "smooth" out the ride, but it does help with some head shake.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:48 PM
hydrolock43
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Damper?

Originally Posted by whetsel.m
I put a damper on my FLHX. It doesn't "smooth" out the ride, but it does help with some head shake.
Whos got these for the front end of a Road Glide/

Old 10-15-2010, 05:52 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Found them on ebay for $99. There were some for a bit more and they looked a bit better....I was thinking about the one that is mounted on the Tri-Glide.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:07 AM
heng
Intermediate
Old 10-15-2010, 08:07 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
Found them on ebay for $99. There were some for a bit more and they looked a bit better....I was thinking about the one that is mounted on the Tri-Glide.
Trikes have handling challenges, as they obviously don't lean in bends. If you experience any frontend action it probably starts at the rear of the bike. Before you spend any money check the basics on your bike, such as head bearings are adjusted right, tyres are in good condition and pressures correct, alignment, etc.

You can improve your ride with better tyres, such as Avon Venoms, which give improved comfort and handling, also stability. If you are happy that all is OK consider a stabilizer kit such as True-Track. I have them on my Glide and Dyna and they have transformed both bikes.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by grbrown
Trikes have handling challenges, as they obviously don't lean in bends. If you experience any frontend action it probably starts at the rear of the bike. Before you spend any money check the basics on your bike, such as head bearings are adjusted right, tyres are in good condition and pressures correct, alignment, etc.

You can improve your ride with better tyres, such as Avon Venoms, which give improved comfort and handling, also stability. If you are happy that all is OK consider a stabilizer kit such as True-Track. I have them on my Glide and Dyna and they have transformed both bikes.
I have considered the true track but have heard so many different opinions...I think i will start with the neck bearings... I am putting a new tire on this weekend...went with the Pirelli Night Dragon this time...

Old 10-15-2010, 01:59 PM
whetsel.m
Advanced

I have the one from BK-Rider. works great. The one fro the tri glide won't work. Tri glide trees have more rake, it won't fit on an o8 street glide, not enough room.

Old 08-17-2013, 05:27 AM
zyban
Tourer

Originally Posted by whetsel.m
I have the one from BK-Rider. works great. The one fro the tri glide won't work. Tri glide trees have more rake, it won't fit on an o8 street glide, not enough room.
I just bought one for My Ultra, How do they bolt on???.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:44 PM
whetsel.m
Advanced

If you have crash bars, remove the top bolt to the frame and install the new tab there. Big plate mounts under the lower tripple tree. The damper will point forward under the headlight. If you need pix let me know.

Quick Reply: Steering damper/stabilizer on a FLHT