Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Things I learned from my biker babe

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 10:56 AM
FDHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 237 Likes on 123 Posts

Got rid of the wife 11 yrs ago. Been with the same woman for 10 yrs.
Doesn't want to get married
Loves the bike
Has no interest in driving it
Looks great in leather
We went to O.C. Bike Week with my 2002 Fatboy. The week after we got home I traded it in for a 2011 Road King Classic. We both decided that we were gonna do some serious riding. I let her help me pic the color(Black of course), and let her pic out the back rest.
Gotta keep the lady happy.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:07 AM
DooZ
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great story, I think my story is similiar. Just met the woman of my dreams last fall. This spring she and a gf of hers walk into a HD dealership looking for clothes for her friends OM. She starts snooping around the bikes and the owner comes out and starts talking to her. She explains she has never rode and doesn't have any intention of riding herself. He happened to have his bike there so he asked her if she would like a ride, she takes him up on it , goes around the block and within ten minutes she's on the horn to me that we need a bike. I thought she was kidding, because I've never rode street bikes. Well after a couple of weeks of negotiating price with a couple dealers, we were the proud owners of a EGC. I can count the number of times on one hand I've ridden alone, and that was just to get the feel of the bike. Personally I prefer riding with my biker babe on the back. It may sound corny, but it's just not the same without her there.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:13 AM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a biker babe once. And a wife. They're both gone now. Seems they couldn't get along...

Old 10-15-2010, 11:21 AM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jags93
Can you get her to convince my wife to ride?
Yeah, that.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:33 AM
Aleslinger
Tourer

If you make the ride comfortable, (seat, backrest, maybe shocks and good weather) and have a destination, like lunch at a nice place with her favorite food, then some shopping, how can she say no to that? TheShrink, you should give that a try.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:38 AM
keith_stepp
Banned
Received 1,505 Likes on 1,077 Posts

My wife is a bit of a paradox. On one hand, she is a little miss priss and on the other, she is a tomboy. She loves to play dress up and mucks around with her hair, makeup and nails for hours on end, but then... she loves to get her knees in the breeze with me. When she was a kid, she would ride dirt bikes with her brothers and now she likes to go on rides me with, be it down to the bar for bike night or on a 2,000 mile ride up the west coast and back; through rain, cold weather, and heat.

I like to get out and ride alone to clear my head every now and then. But, after a few hundred miles and a couple of lonely nights in hotel rooms, I start missing her and I feel pretty damn lucky (and not a little proud) that she likes to come with. Married 26 years last June.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:44 AM
smittypac
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel the same way. My wife is a great riding partner. Came back to Michigan from the Smokies once, 8 hours out of 10 in the rain on a sportster. Never a peep. Nothing better than riding a country road and having lunch somewhere.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,879 Likes on 1,492 Posts

I don't want mine riding on mine.

I want her up ahead of me, riding on her Heritage, loud pipes and all.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:23 PM
BADBREW
Tourer

My biker babe came with her own bike. She hadn't rode on the back much with anyone. Now I can't seem to get her off the back of mine. I own an Ultra so I just convinced her that it wasn't riding bitch, it was riding in the queen seat. Says she just loves to ride back there and rub on me. I kind of like it too!

Old 10-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Definitely great to get the sweetie rid'n w/you - especially behind the bars. Unfortunately my wife no longer likes to venture out - something about having kids & possibly leaving them parentless. Maybe when they're both off in college - we'll go out together again. Good story!

Quick Reply: Things I learned from my biker babe