Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New York City Hotels/Secure Motorcycle Overnite Parking

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Fathead2003
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New York City Hotels/Secure Motorcycle Overnite Parking

Anyone out there travel to NYC that can recommend any biker friendly hotels and bike parking accomodations. I would like ride to the city then park the bike while visiting. I have been there several times and only see a few bikes running around. Not sure if there are any secure bike parking options in Manhattan or the surroundings area's.

Old 10-23-2010, 04:41 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Stay at the Hyatt in Jersey city, they will secure your bike no problem. You walk out the hotel and take the apth or the ferry over, the ferry gos uptown midtown or downtown. In NYC you have to worry about the cops taking your bike with their tow truck buddies not the criminals.

Originally Posted by Fathead2003
Anyone out there travel to NYC that can recommend any biker friendly hotels and bike parking accomodations. I would like ride to the city then park the bike while visiting. I have been there several times and only see a few bikes running around. Not sure if there are any secure bike parking options in Manhattan or the surroundings area's.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:35 PM
Fathead2003
Tourer

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Stay at the Hyatt in Jersey city, they will secure your bike no problem. You walk out the hotel and take the apth or the ferry over, the ferry gos uptown midtown or downtown. In NYC you have to worry about the cops taking your bike with their tow truck buddies not the criminals.
Checked Hyatt out on line and looks fine. Thanks for the recommendation.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:34 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

If you are going to stay there and want breakfast try this diner, one of the best in Jersey City you will like. About a quarter of the price at the hotel and way better food. Two blocks away.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ex...ed=0CCIQnwIwAQ#

Old 10-24-2010, 06:05 PM
thecort
Road Captain

Lol First of all NYC is NOT biker friendly! If your planning on staying in NYC then I would call the hotel that you plan to stay at & ask them about parking accommodations for motorcycles. I did that when I went to Philly & it worked out great. That's if you change your mind about Jersey City. I live in NYC & wouldn't park in Jersey City. JMO

Old 10-27-2010, 12:31 PM
thecort
Road Captain

I should've said that I live in the NYC area & I'd rather park in Manhattan than in Jersey City. I don't like riding through Jersey City let alone leave/park my bike there.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:43 PM
FDHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 237 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by thecort
I should've said that I live in the NYC area & I'd rather park in Manhattan than in Jersey City. I don't like riding through Jersey City let alone leave/park my bike there.
And you like riding in Manhattan!!!
I grew up in Manhattan, and still ride there occasionally.
Unless you are used to psychotic cab drivers, people on cell phones, and just plain crazy drivers, a motorcycle in the city can be a traumatic experience.
Try Hoboken. One stop on the PATH train to Manhattan. Jersey City in the Holland Tunnel area isn't bad, also one/two stops from Manhattan. It's all residential and commercial high rise and the roads are in relatively good condition.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:56 PM
thecort
Road Captain

Didn't say I like riding there. I very rarely if ever take my bike there. (I there a few times a week with the truck) I was actually answering HIS question. Which was about securing parking for his bike that HE will have there. Hobken is much better than Jersey City.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:52 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

Man you guys still live there? JC Hyatt is right next to the path (100'), ferry uptown, mid town, and down town, 600 '. Parking at the Hyatt is Valet , just call ahead you will have 24/7 security watching bike. And you are afraid to ride in heavy traffic, sell your bike and get a carbon fiber Huffy use the bicycle lane you will be safe hehhehehe.

Oh Fk Hoboken, full of ******y ***s. Sad but true.

Last edited by masterblaster; 10-27-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:43 PM
FDHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 237 Likes on 123 Posts

It's not the heavy traffic. It's the morons in the cages. Everyone is in a hurry.
I commuted from S.I. to my Firehouse in Manhattan by bicycle for 15yrs.
Trust me, it's worse than being on a motorcycle.
Honestly, in 15 yrs of working in a Manhattan Firehouse, I didn't go to many motorcycle accidents.

Stay in Hoboken or JC. The biggest worry about Manhattan is parking your bike. Harleys don't last long unattended on the streets.

Quick Reply: New York City Hotels/Secure Motorcycle Overnite Parking