Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CB Not Transmitting

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 09:26 PM
laduckslayer
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CB Not Transmitting

I have never tried to transmit on my CB until today - didn't work. I have often listened to my partners talk, but never participated. I bought two IMC Moto headsets, and the intercom works great. I can still hear other riders transmitting on the CB, but I can't. My bike is a 2010 UC. Any ideas?

Old 10-23-2010, 10:10 PM
mariner227
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have a 2010 ultra. I have tryed but never have been able to talk to anyone else. It has not been real important but I'm getting ready to go on a 1k trip to Florida. I'm going to check tomorrow and see if my cb is working properly.

Old 10-23-2010, 11:16 PM
BigTM
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mic is not voice activiated. PTT button. Push to talk. T

Old 10-24-2010, 06:24 AM
laduckslayer
Tourer

Originally Posted by BigTM
Mic is not voice activiated. PTT button. Push to talk. T
That's what I'm doing. VOX for the intercom and PTT for CB - still nothing.

I can set my receiving volume for the intercom and CB, is there a way to set the transmitting volume (strength)? When I activate the PTT it appears to be an open mic, but no one can hear me.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:11 PM
1pkraft
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a friend with IMC headset that stopped CB transmit. One of the pins that plugged into the HD console was bent a little and didn't fit into the console. Fixed that and the headset was fine.

My wife has a IMC half helmet, worked perfectly for 5 weeks then stopped CB transmisson. She could hear radio / CB but could not transmit. They replaced her headset under warranty.

Does CB transit fail for both headsets? Wouldn't seem likely both would fail at the same time. Have you tried your headset on another bike? Or have a friend that has one that you can swap out the cords?

Last edited by 1pkraft; 10-25-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:22 PM
laduckslayer
Tourer

Originally Posted by 1pkraft
Have a friend with IMC headset that stopped CB transmit. One of the pins that plugged into the HD console was bent a little and didn't fit into the console. Fixed that and the headset was fine.

My wife has a IMC half helmet, worked perfectly for 5 weeks then stopped CB transmisson. She could hear radio / CB but could not transmit. They replaced her headset under warranty.

Does CB transit fail for both headsets? Wouldn't seem likely both would fail at the same time. Have you tried your headset on another bike? Or have a friend that has one that you can swap out the cords?
Thanks - I did not try both head sets. I will try the other one and also check the pins.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:55 PM
GNDHG
5th Gear

Can't receive here. My 2011 Ultra Limited got it's headset installed in the helmet yesterday and my friend got my old headset into his helmet (known to work). He's on an '06 Ultra. Both on Ch. 4, he can hear me but I cannot he heard by him. Checked & experimented with squelch & VOX settings and he's been trying to talk to me using the PTT button. Funny thing is that I hear only a "click" when he presses his PTT. I tried a busy CB channel 19 and heard many "clicks" which I imagine were truckers talking, but never heard anything after the clicks (radio would go silent when this happened, as expected, but no CB talking was ever heard.) Any clues what might be wrong or tests we can try?

Old 04-15-2011, 12:26 AM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

If you hear the clicking on another bike and it cuts the radio volume the CB is transmitting. No received audio means the microphone is not working for whatever reason. A lot of time it is bent pin, not plugged in tight etc. Very poor quality plugs on motorcycles for CB operation. Try another headset (borrow) and that will narrow it down.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:09 AM
laduckslayer
Tourer

I finally got this resolved. It was the head unit. The CB module was not functioning properly. Service manager pulled a new head unit out of a crated bike and installed it for me.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:17 AM
geneinnc
Cruiser

Guys, have you checked the the Standing Wave? Bike antennas are not the best for a good reading. You should have a SWR of 2 at the most.

Also, does it work with the mic that came with it?

Could be a compatibility issue.

If you don't have a SWR meter, ask any CB cager. Most will check it for you.

Quick Reply: CB Not Transmitting