Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KLOCKK WERKS SLIPONS, but DO I need to change them becuase of head pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default KLOCKK WERKS SLIPONS, but DO I need to change them becuase of head pipes?

I just got back to Colombia after a 10 R&R in Boston, where I left my New 2010 Limited in August. I spent many hours looking over this webiste, thinking about what to do to customize the scoot. I saw and heard the Klock WERKS SS pipes on the net. I loved the long straight 4inch ppies. Not a big fan of the oval look and could not find the V&H 4"rounds anywhere in stock. I pulled the trigger on the KLOCKS before I got home so they would be there. I put the slip ons the night I got home to be ready to ride the next day. The low rumble is sweet, I did not change the stock head pipes, but that will for sure happen in the summer.
I read somewhere that the KLOCK WERKS pipes were a great deal and they are, too bad they call them super saver, I mean they might cost less but they look and sound great. I added the hogtunes eight speaker with the amp, HOLY CANOLI!!!! what a difference in the sound, I could have gone many different waywith the tunes but lucky for me the whole package was a gift from my older sister!!! Way to go sis!!! I owe you big time. I took her on a poker run, she had a great time and is now thinking about getting a bike.

So here are my questions:
1.) Do I need to get a TTS master tune, a new air cleaner, not sure what to get as far as that is concerned.

2.) Can anyone tell me what kind of head pipes to get for a 103 limited. I looked into the SCREAMING EAGLE, but I read that they also have the Catalyst in them, DO all head pipes have them? can this be avoided?

I love the looks and sound of the KLOCK WERKS longs and really want to keep them.
3.) DO I need to change everything becuase the headers are different? how will this effect the overall performance of the bike? It runs great now, if I mess with computer will I !@#$%^it all up?
I am no wrench, but I did all the work for the stereo;drilling a new bike is an uneasy feeling. I also slipped on the mufflers. It is not a big deal but the other stuff I worry about.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:26 AM
sbyumabaker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is my take
1 You should… I would (Performance fuel tuner & V&H or Arlen Ness breathing system)

2 Go ahead and keep head pipes stock if you’re going with the slip-ons.. Do not concern yourself with catalyst variable if your state does not.

3 It be wise to do so… pipe, fuel tuner, and performance air filter
As far as you worrying; I’m confident you could do it with the instructions provided….Good luck
***Dealer could charge you about 2-3 hours for this***

(copy&paste crap)
The WFB Slip-on Muffler is available in 3.5 inch and 4 inch models in flawless chrome finish or in high temp ceramic black. All necessary clamps and hardware included. Designed to fit 95-10 FLHR, FLHRC, FLHRS, FLT, FLHT, FLHTC, FLHTCU, FLHX, and FLTR (except '10 FLHX & FLTR) with stock head pipes or any 1 3/4 inch aftermarket system.

http://www.rideshack.com/Exhaust-s/375.htm

Old 10-29-2010, 02:33 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

you can get a fuel moto package. head pipe tuner with map for your set up and breather

Old 10-29-2010, 05:01 AM
88racing
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Contact Fuel moto........