Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feuling super oil pump

Old 10-25-2010, 08:46 PM
gdrd
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feuling super oil pump

Will the Feuling Super Oil Pump work with the Screamin Eagle Camplate and Tensioner upgrade kit.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:54 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 227 Likes on 142 Posts

Do you already have the feuling pump, as it's not needed with the SE upgrade since the pump that's included with it is more than adequate. If you already are running the feuling pump I can't see why it wouldn't work as they both fit in the stock location, don't know if the pressure & volume difference would cause a problem. If you've got very many miles on the pump I'd probably replace it anyway.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:38 PM
gdrd
2nd Gear

Thanks DTTJGlide

I don't have the Feuling Pump yet. I want the new tensioners instead of the springs. I have read articles about the Feuling Pump compared to the Harley pumps and thought it wouln't hurt to have a little more oil pressure than needed. Also my oil pressure hot runs anywhere from 12 to 20 lbs when running 60 to 65 MPH. 5 to 6 lbs at hot idle. Oil light doesn't come on. I will open the cam chest and look this winter will decide then.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:53 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 227 Likes on 142 Posts

The SE camplate upgrade includes a new oil pump that has a higher volume & pressure. I had a feuling in mine & didn't get to the tensioners in time, the good thing is with the feuling pump it didn't tear up the whole bottom end. The pump showed some wear, 66K, so I went with the SE set-up, runs 32 - 36# hot at cruise & 12 - 16# at idle. Best bet for upgrading the tensioners, don't forget to change the inner cam bearings with torringtons while you're in there.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:45 PM
gdrd
2nd Gear

I guess I could put the SE in and if not happy I could put the feuling in later. Did you use adjustable push rods and do you recommend them. Should I take a look at rockers. I plan to put in new inner bearings and the front cam ball bearing and the rear cam roller bearing. Anything else you can think of I need to do?

Old 10-26-2010, 09:10 PM
18BKLR
Road Master

You guys have a part # for that SE pump. I know it comes with the hydraulic tensioner upgrade kit I just haven't found a # for it yet.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:09 PM
gdrd
2nd Gear

This is the Harley part number 25284-08

Old 10-26-2010, 10:22 PM
PNSHVL
Tourer

I'm also going with the SE camplate update on my 06 Road Glide this winter. Including the Torrington bearings, adj. push rods, new tappets, and a 203 cam. Also vance & Hines ProPipe, SE heavy breather, and the SE pro super tuner. We'll see if that wakes it up a little. I've got 40,000 miles on it and starting to worry about the stock cam chain adjusters. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:27 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Save your money.
The Feuling Oil Pump is not necessary to increase oil pressure.
I have the Feuling Oil Pump in my '06 SG...and the Baisley Spring in my '09 RG.
The Baisley Spring is MORE than adequate.

http://www.baisley.com/oil_spring_product.htm

Old 10-26-2010, 10:30 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gdrd
I guess I could put the SE in and if not happy I could put the feuling in later. Did you use adjustable push rods and do you recommend them. Should I take a look at rockers. I plan to put in new inner bearings and the front cam ball bearing and the rear cam roller bearing. Anything else you can think of I need to do?
What you need to get is the S&S Cam Install Kit.
It includes all upgraded bearings and gasket.
About $45 bucks.

Your stock rockers are sufficient.

Adjustable pushrods are a must.

Unless you're just looking to blow some money, the things I've mentioned are all you need.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Feuling super oil pump