Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Seat on Street Glides--I need to see some pics and get some Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 07:46 PM
OlDusty
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mustang Seat on Street Glides--I need to see some pics and get some Opinions

I realy like the mustang Seats but i'm afraid to lose the sporty look of my SG. So please anyone who has a Mustang Seat show me what it looks like and tell me what you think.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:53 PM
OlDusty
Cruiser

Nobody?

Old 10-26-2010, 10:38 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Absolutely love mine!

Old 10-26-2010, 10:50 PM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

I had the same concern - at least with the solo seat. The vintage solo looked great on my Road King, but when I put it on the Street Glide it didn't go well with the sleek lines of the S.G. So I went on a hunt........ to make a long story short, one of the forum members recommended a Danny Gray "Big Seat". I was a bit skeptical at first because it's a low profile seat that is very firm. Anyway, I bought it ($320) and I really like the look. I went for a 6 hour ride and I think it'll be good for 12 hours (that's about what I ride on road trips).

See attachments - The one on the far right is the mustang solo and so is the one on the far left. The 3 in the middle are the Danny Gray "Big Seat".

Good luck in the search.

Attached Thumbnails Mustang Seat on Street Glides--I need to see some pics and get some Opinions-sam_0532.jpg   Mustang Seat on Street Glides--I need to see some pics and get some Opinions-030.jpg   Mustang Seat on Street Glides--I need to see some pics and get some Opinions-028.jpg   Mustang Seat on Street Glides--I need to see some pics and get some Opinions-053.jpg   Mustang Seat on Street Glides--I need to see some pics and get some Opinions-sam_0582.jpg  

Old 10-26-2010, 11:16 PM
fathertime
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by one-up
I had the same concern - at least with the solo seat. The vintage solo looked great on my Road King, but when I put it on the Street Glide it didn't go well with the sleek lines of the S.G. So I went on a hunt........ to make a long story short, one of the forum members recommended a Danny Gray "Big Seat". I was a bit skeptical at first because it's a low profile seat that is very firm. Anyway, I bought it ($320) and I really like the look. I went for a 6 hour ride and I think it'll be good for 12 hours (that's about what I ride on road trips).

See attachments - The one on the far right is the mustang solo and so is the one on the far left. The 3 in the middle are the Danny Gray "Big Seat".

Good luck in the search.
what model mustang solo is that?? 76067? wide solo?

Old 10-27-2010, 06:00 AM
Stretglyd08
Cruiser

I thought the mustang were too bouncy. I purchased a LePera Sorrento looks great and comfortable

Old 10-27-2010, 06:25 AM
mgmonster
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have had several Mustang seats and liked them all. That being said, I will soon be selling my Mustang touring seat. I still use and like the solo seat, but my wife prefers the Danny Gray touring seat. My bike is an 07 SG.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:29 AM
horsefoots
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stretglyd08
I thought the mustang were too bouncy. I purchased a LePera Sorrento looks great and comfortable
You have a pic?

Old 10-27-2010, 07:14 AM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Fathertime,

The Mustang seat is the 15" wide Vintage Solo. Don't have the model #. You can check their website for 15''.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:33 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went with a Corbin on my cloned Street Glide.

Quick Reply: Mustang Seat on Street Glides--I need to see some pics and get some Opinions