Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 FLHTK Rootbeer Sun vs Shade Pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 02:58 PM
KrustyKnuts
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 FLHTK Rootbeer Sun vs Shade Pics

A couple of days ago I posted 2 pics of my 2011 FLHTK but they were pretty lame. Today I went out and took some better ones! For those of you who are curious about the Dark/Light Candy Rootbeer color, I have pics that show sun and shade effects. Even when trying to take some good pictures of this color scheme they don't seem to come out the same as it appears when standing next to the bike. Even so, perhaps these will give you some idea.

To keep this post from being too cumbersome, more pics can be viewed here .

Ride safe and live long to ride some more!

Old 10-31-2010, 03:01 PM
TORQUEY
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Nice pix, but the actual color is way nicer in person, especially in sunlight.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:04 PM
KrustyKnuts
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TORQUEY
Nice pix, but the actual color is way nicer in person, especially in sunlight.
That is very true. I tried to capture the effects but you really have to stand next to it to appreciate it. Have you seen HD's pic of this bike in Rootbeer? It looks like someone dipped everything in milk chocolate. I can't believe they used it.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:07 PM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It pops in the sun dont it? That bike was next to mine on the floor, almost picked it. I decided on cherry/merlot instead, it pops just as well in the sun. The way I look at it, both of us won. I hope you like yours as much as I like mine. In Iraq at the moment and collecting the mods as we speak. Got klock werks 4in slip ons today, cant wait to see how they sound. Stay safe and keep the shiney side up.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:10 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Krusty, that IS a sweet color... especially live!

Old 10-31-2010, 03:56 PM
R.Rains
Advanced
Thumbs up Sweet bike

Krusty,
I must tell you that, I have the same bike and the colors are just AWESOME.
I purchaced my bike on 9-17-10 and I have about 3,300 miles and have not made any real long trips on it yet and it is really breaking in nicely. I hope you enjoy your new ride as much as I have been. I really wanted to take it out today but it was in the 40 degrees today and some snow was flying, I did get to ride a little yesterday and I will look at next weekend. If the weather is bad next weekend then I will have to put her up for the winter. She will be put in the basement next to the wife's 2008 Street Glide Black & Blue Ice next to the coal stove staying warm all winter. Boy I really do not want to put her away. Well good luck and enjoy.
Russell

Old 10-31-2010, 04:59 PM
KrustyKnuts
Intermediate

Originally Posted by R.Rains
Krusty,
I must tell you that, I have the same bike and the colors are just AWESOME.
I purchaced my bike on 9-17-10 and I have about 3,300 miles and have not made any real long trips on it yet and it is really breaking in nicely. I hope you enjoy your new ride as much as I have been. I really wanted to take it out today but it was in the 40 degrees today and some snow was flying, I did get to ride a little yesterday and I will look at next weekend. If the weather is bad next weekend then I will have to put her up for the winter. She will be put in the basement next to the wife's 2008 Street Glide Black & Blue Ice next to the coal stove staying warm all winter. Boy I really do not want to put her away. Well good luck and enjoy.
Russell
Russell, I'm glad you got to ride at least a little. I'm more fortunate I guess since I live in the south. I took it to work the other day when it was 47 and really enjoyed the ride. I've only managed to put on about 340 miles so far. I'd have to go check because it could be a little higher. It is a sweeeeet ride and I really like it.

Ride on!!!

Old 10-31-2010, 06:39 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks awesome Krusty! I've heard that the Sedona Orange really has a big difference in the sun vs the shade as well.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:30 PM
KrustyKnuts
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Port Dawg
That looks awesome Krusty! I've heard that the Sedona Orange really has a big difference in the sun vs the shade as well.
Thanks! I haven't seen the Sedona Orange in the sun but I bet it does. Harley has done well with their finishes. The first thing I did when I bought it was give it a good waxing.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:17 PM
2011FLHTK
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

That color really jumps out when the light hits it. Nice.

Quick Reply: 2011 FLHTK Rootbeer Sun vs Shade Pics