Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynojet Power Vision, the future of Tuning is here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by mtclassic
I would guess at the very least you are going to need WB O2 sensors like the PCV.
No...Auto-Tune Basic will likely be very similar to the SEPST Smarttune feature or the V-Tune feature for TTS. All 3 of these software programs are designed to use the stock O2 sensors and calculate optimum VE values to achieve the assigned AFR (Lambda) for any cell in closed loop. After the calucations are complete, the software can re-flash your bike's ECU with an upgraded efi map based on the software's algorithyms.

Since the stock sensors are only in closed loop for a limited area of the map (1000-3500K rpms and upto around 70kpa), these algorithym based programs are generally limited to making improvements where the stock sensors are in effect (closedloop).

The advantage of the WB sensors is that the auto-tuning capability is across the entire map but you'll need a separate ecu piggy-back module (T-Max & PC AT-100 are 2 types of these products) and new WB O2 sensors to gain full access to your entire efi map for auto-tuning.

Essentially PowerCommander is getting into the same market that HD and TTS are already in (flash based tuning software with auto-tuning capabilities using the stock sensors). The difference for PowerVision is that the system includes a tuning module with it's own screen for making adjustments "on the road" without the need for a laptop (for most generall adjustments).

SEPST allows data recording to a VCI (small memory storage device) which can then be downloaded to a laptop for making adjustments and auto-tuning and then for use in reflashing the bike's ECU with an updated map.

TTS doesn't offer any memory storage device as a part of their tuning package, therefore you are required to take your laptop on the bike if you intend to capture data for making auto-tuning adjustments.

PowerCommander "upped" the game with the PowerVision by essentially building a "mini-laptop" into their product (for most tuning needs) including their Auto-tune basic feature (once it's released). At least that's my understanding of the PowerVision product based on my extensive use with SEPST's Smarttune product.

Last edited by Heatwave; 01-03-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:43 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,457 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
All updates are free and are preformed thru the update client which allows user to easily update software, PV module firmware, as well as the newest calibrations and user manuals
Awesome!

Old 01-04-2011, 05:30 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave
No...Auto-Tune Basic will likely be very similar to the SEPST Smarttune feature or the V-Tune feature for TTS. All 3 of these software programs are designed to use the stock O2 sensors and calculate optimum VE values to achieve the assigned AFR (Lambda) for any cell in closed loop. After the calucations are complete, the software can re-flash your bike's ECU with an upgraded efi map based on the software's algorithyms.

Since the stock sensors are only in closed loop for a limited area of the map (1000-3500K rpms and upto around 70kpa), these algorithym based programs are generally limited to making improvements where the stock sensors are in effect (closedloop).

The advantage of the WB sensors is that the auto-tuning capability is across the entire map but you'll need a separate ecu piggy-back module (T-Max & PC AT-100 are 2 types of these products) and new WB O2 sensors to gain full access to your entire efi map for auto-tuning.

Essentially PowerCommander is getting into the same market that HD and TTS are already in (flash based tuning software with auto-tuning capabilities using the stock sensors). The difference for PowerVision is that the system includes a tuning module with it's own screen for making adjustments "on the road" without the need for a laptop (for most generall adjustments).

SEPST allows data recording to a VCI (small memory storage device) which can then be downloaded to a laptop for making adjustments and auto-tuning and then for use in reflashing the bike's ECU with an updated map.

TTS doesn't offer any memory storage device as a part of their tuning package, therefore you are required to take your laptop on the bike if you intend to capture data for making auto-tuning adjustments.

PowerCommander "upped" the game with the PowerVision by essentially building a "mini-laptop" into their product (for most tuning needs) including their Auto-tune basic feature (once it's released). At least that's my understanding of the PowerVision product based on my extensive use with SEPST's Smarttune product.
Nice, very good info.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:59 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

The Dynojet Power Vision website is now live www.dynojetpowervision.com

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 01-10-2011, 11:00 AM
spelk3
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does that mean they are ready to ship?

Old 01-10-2011, 12:43 PM
fxdwg_rugby
Road Master

So what do you have for those that have the M&M injection? Are we SOL?

Old 01-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

Is the new PV website not working properly. The FAQs and other pages from the link above do not seem to function. I also have no audio on the video. Is it just me?

Old 01-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Rick Lees
Road Captain

Is the new PV website not working properly. The FAQs and other pages from the link above do not seem to function. I also have no audio on the video. Is it just me?
Nope its not just you I got no audio either

Old 01-10-2011, 01:39 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

The site just went live and they are still working on some of the pages and links. The video does not have sound, just the text narration.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:41 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by spelk3
Does that mean they are ready to ship?
We are expecting to start shipping very soon, as soon as I get word from Dynojet I will post here

Quick Reply: Dynojet Power Vision, the future of Tuning is here!