Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynojet Power Vision, the future of Tuning is here!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 01:16 PM
1hellbent
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Power Vision includes comprehensive WinPV software, because this is a completely new product there will be dealer training involved. Here is a screenshot of the software
How intuitive is this package for the average guy that works on his own bike? Do I have to have some training? Is the documentation written well enough for people grasp, people that are not in the tuning business? Or is it more so a tool that you would take to a professional tuner.

Many here on the forum have/are using the TTS. Obviously when it comes to technology, some grasp it easier tham others. There is a whole lot of experienced TTS users here with some very helpful hints and tips for others that may be struggling to some degree.

How would you rate the documentation and ease of use compared to the TTS? Is it just as friendly to learn or more difficult? I don't know if you can even answer that question, but I sure would like to know before spending around $500.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Lama
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

The technology and tuning constants seems to be the same as the SERT and TTS, repackaged into a visually simplified DynoJet unit.

Sounds like a winner.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:33 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
The Power Vision does not require use of any piggyback device and flashes the tune directly to the ECM. Not only can you retreive/save the stock HD ECM calibration you can then directly edit it as well, unlike any other product currently on the market. We are not able to convert 08 newer drive by wire model PC-V maps to Power Vision format at the moment, however there will be Power Vision specific maps to choose from. Auto Tune Basic will use the stock nb O2 sensors to develop the tune and Auto Tune Pro uses the AT-100 module with dual Wideband sensors.
This could be true. I have edited my statement.

The SEPST will allow you to pull the loaded map from the VCI. Meaning if you have a custom tune from a tuner. You can open that map from the VCI.
I am not sure about the stock map as it over writes the stock.

This seems like an awesome device. I have a SEPST, and I like it very much. I can record the data using the VCI, but I do not have an LCD to show the RPM for example.

What other live data does it show? I see that is shows when you have a knock, but does it show engine temp/oil temp, VE table vs. New VE table, Adaptive Fuel Values (live), Gear, does it show O2 voltage? Could you give a little more about what modes the LCD allows you to view while tuning/logging. Thanks.

Last edited by editbrain; 11-09-2010 at 02:02 PM. Reason: possible misleading information
Old 11-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Clayvis
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=6023zub;7512215]Man....like some of the other folks on here, I have a PC-V that is only a couple of months old. Sure wish there was a trade-in on this.

Can you say E-bay? Or put it up for sale here. Sell it to somebody that hasn't seen this thread! yuk yuk

Old 11-09-2010, 02:32 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Originally Posted by 1hellbent
How intuitive is this package for the average guy that works on his own bike? Do I have to have some training? Is the documentation written well enough for people grasp, people that are not in the tuning business? Or is it more so a tool that you would take to a professional tuner.

Many here on the forum have/are using the TTS. Obviously when it comes to technology, some grasp it easier tham others. There is a whole lot of experienced TTS users here with some very helpful hints and tips for others that may be struggling to some degree.

How would you rate the documentation and ease of use compared to the TTS? Is it just as friendly to learn or more difficult? I don't know if you can even answer that question, but I sure would like to know before spending around $500.

It all really depends on the level of the individual doing the tuning. Power Vision was developed specifically to be more user friendly than any other ECM flash tuning product on the market, both Fuel Moto and Dynojet will also offer toll free tuning and product support.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 11-09-2010, 02:41 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Originally Posted by editbrain
This could be true. I have edited my statement.

The SEPST will allow you to pull the loaded map from the VCI. Meaning if you have a custom tune from a tuner. You can open that map from the VCI.
I am not sure about the stock map as it over writes the stock.

This seems like an awesome device. I have a SEPST, and I like it very much. I can record the data using the VCI, but I do not have an LCD to show the RPM for example.

What other live data does it show? I see that is shows when you have a knock, but does it show engine temp/oil temp, VE table vs. New VE table, Adaptive Fuel Values (live), Gear, does it show O2 voltage? Could you give a little more about what modes the LCD allows you to view while tuning/logging. Thanks.
Yes with Super Tuner you can retrieve the cal from the VCI which is handy but you cannot use it to read or edit the stock calibration, with Power Vision you can read any calibration including the original HD cal directly from the ECM and edit the tune as required.

You can configure the Power Vision to display or log virtually every available channel including those that you have listed. You can also choose the layout as multiple guages, bar graphs, numerically, as the options are endless.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Ed Y
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I'm understanding this correctly. Someone tell me if I'm wrong. I've got a 2002 FLTRI that was tuned using "Direct Link" software which also modifies the stock ECM. Only problem I have is that I have been unable to find a recommended competent tuner within 500-600 miles.

With the Power Vision, I should be able to read and change the "Direct Link" modified ECM or save it and load a completely new map. There are some qualified Power Commander shops within a 100 miles of me that I hope will pick up on this new tuner.

Old 11-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

Jamie,

I have SEPST. I have done alot of Smarttuning but still wanted more out of the bike. I was planning to move to TTS in Dec with tuning by JD's in Bethlehem Pa.

This new device at first blush seems like a far better approach. Here's a few ?s:
  • Do I give up anything that's available in MasterTune?
  • Can I view live AFRs in each cylinder while riding and mark the rpms/load I was at when viewing the screen?
  • Same question as above for knock retard?
  • When I make a change to a VE table while running, is that change immediately loaded to the ECU?
Lots more questions but handling these would be a great start. Since I'm on the verge of getting a dynotune, would that still be beneficial or is the dyno no longer necessary if you went to WB sensors?

Thanks

Old 11-09-2010, 05:05 PM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

got my attention!

Old 11-09-2010, 05:23 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

competition is good, I bet lots of other manufactures are scrambling. I bet HD is fast at work trying to ensure future ecm's can't be messed with. this sounds like the tuner I have been waiting for ie easy to use and not detectable by a dealer.

Quick Reply: Dynojet Power Vision, the future of Tuning is here!