Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hill Country Customs Apes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 11:45 AM
EddieBlaize
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered a set and no problems. I had them upgrade to Wild 1 bars and Magnum cables. It was packaged nice.

Ed

Old 03-03-2011, 11:58 AM
sooie
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill03E

thanks for the link
just ordered a kit

Old 03-05-2011, 04:39 AM
cmonico
Advanced

Last summer I put on a set of thier gloss black 14" bars on my '09 StreetGlide. I really like them and ran into no real problems with the install.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:17 AM
TheStinger
Cruiser

I bought my cables from them and found the 1-3/4 bars from a dealer in Missouri on Eaby. 37 wide, 8.5 pull back 16" shipped for 77 bucks. He also has FLHX/T fairing style bars for same price. Bought the cables and wiring kit from HCC and its was spot on correct leingths and quality. took an afternoon to do everything including dropping the exhaust to access the clutch cable and bleeding the brakes. If you have a pre 08 make certian you buy the updated 1 peice upper bar clamp from HD. See pics for part number- Prevents the bars sliding in the clamp and loosening.

Attached Thumbnails Hill Country Customs Apes?-imag0025.jpg   Hill Country Customs Apes?-imag0022.jpg   Hill Country Customs Apes?-imag0028.jpg  
Old 04-07-2011, 11:10 AM
the tater
Novice

I installed a 16" ape kit from HCC. Went to bleed the brakes and heard air coming from the ABS block. Brake line broke at the fitting. It was a universal brake line from Drag Specialties (# 1741-2744). I called some local shops and no one had one. The last shop I called said that it's not safe to use a universal line with ABS. Says they won't hold up and said I needed a one piece crimped fitting line. Is this true ? It makes sense as the other one broke at the fitting before I even got the brakes bled. I'm on a 2010 SG.

While I'm here anything special needed to bleed the brakes on a ABS bike ?

Old 04-15-2011, 04:37 PM
Dissociative
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 06-29-2011, 01:53 AM
JamesBigGame
Novice
Default Hill Country Custom Cycles sucks!

I ordered a set of apes (16) and cables from these Jerk offs through Ebay. They showed up black even though I ordered chrome. The brake banjos were the wrong size too. I decided , screw it I like the black bars. So I threw on a black riser(purchased elsewhere) and was ready to go. My buddy, a mechanic for Harley for over ten years who now has his own shop calls me and says, "these bars are the wrong fit". after trying two different sets of controls my clutch and brake perch wouldn't fit the bars without the grip hanging off over two inches and two inches of exposed wire from the dimple. After playing phone tag for over a month and me sending them pics and measurements the owner said that that was normal and the will not even take just the bars back! I ordered 7.5 center narrow apes and got 10 inch center wide apes. With all the maybes and run around I got from these douche bags I can't even make an Ebay complaint, I missed the deadline by a few days. DO NOT ORDER from these guys!! They do not return calls for weeks or emails through Ebay or not.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:02 AM
Dissociative
Banned

+1 they are crooks...plain and simple...WAAAYYY to many bad reports of people getting ripped off

Karma will get them....they are easy to find.

Last edited by Dissociative; 07-31-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:54 PM
goose136
Cruiser

well you will have to check my profile i cannot get them to load. 14"cyclesmiths love them shop that installed them ordered his cables he like to use.

Attached Thumbnails Hill Country Customs Apes?-dsc02560.jpg  
Old 06-30-2011, 12:33 AM
Sweetglide08
Cruiser

I agree with the majority on here, went with the 14" pre-wired kit from them blah blah blah. Everything was pre wired which was nice, but the clutch cable wasn't long enough the controls are chrome and the cruise switches were a bitch to put on, and my left turn signal button only works when it feels like it... Tried to call them but they won't friggin answer or call back so I bought a longer clutch cable from barnett which is damn nice, and I guess I'll figure the turn signal out when it's no longer riding weather.

Quick Reply: Hill Country Customs Apes?