Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hill Country Customs Apes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 08:55 PM
ALEKATNM
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool HCC Bars

Just put their 18" ape kit with switches and hand controls on my buddies 08 wide glide. Quality looked pretty good. No doubt Barnett makes the best stuff out there. I have some HD chrome stuff on my bike that is peeling. Hate to admit it, but alot of us put chinese crap on our bikes straight from the dealer. Some of it is good some is bad. Same goes with aftermarket. I emailed HCC to see what a set of their hand controls would run for another project I'm doing and had a response from them within minutes. 6 emails from them today. Not sure what was going on in their company that jacked things up for everyone, but so far I'm impressed with product quality and customer service. Just my $.02.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:19 PM
gwfirefighter
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put a set of 18" on my flhr about 1 1/2 years ago.At that time the service was awsome.They sent me a complete kit.i installed them myself.I called them and asked a couple questions---they were helpful.Now the only thing is that my clutch cable is leaking.I saved over $700 buying it thru them so spending $80 on a clutch cable is not a problem.In Canada you get the shaft from the moco.I buy everything thru the south for my bike if I can.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:41 PM
Dissociative
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gwfirefighter
I put a set of 18" on my flhr about 1 1/2 years ago.At that time the service was awsome.They sent me a complete kit.i installed them myself.I called them and asked a couple questions---they were helpful.Now the only thing is that my clutch cable is leaking.I saved over $700 buying it thru them so spending $80 on a clutch cable is not a problem.In Canada you get the shaft from the moco.I buy everything thru the south for my bike if I can.
In not really worried about how they acted almost two years ago, its how they are screwing guys over TODAY that really matters. Read the bad reviews that are RECENT. not the old reviews that mean nothing.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:23 AM
HDSAE60
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hill customs 16" kit worked well for me no problems at all.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:39 AM
CalgaryBikeBum
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Smile Update

Well like usual , I read the bad reviews after I have sent off my money. That being said, I will give you my review. I ordered my parts by telephone (you can't order online from Canada). They knew exactly what I needed for what I was going to do and were very helpful and friendly on the phone. I was putting 16" Apes on my (new to me) 2008 streetglide.
After the bad reviews I read I was let's say a bit concerned , especially when I didn't get any feedback about my parts being shipped? I called to check on them and got an answering machine but that's normal with small businesses. They are usually working out in their shops. When I got back to my office a few hours later they had called back (long distance on their dime) and informed me that everything had already shipped and I should see early the next week. It was shipped USPS which I love cause I'm tired of getting screwed by UPS and FedEx because I live in Canada. (Paying twice for the same shipping is just a crime). As stated my parts showed up , well packed and on time. I checked box and everything was included as ordered and all seemed to be good quality. Since then it's all been installed and i'm very happy with results. One thing that was an issue was the new grips. They were Drag Specialties parts so not HCC's fault. The TBW grip was too tight and would not slide on far enough to connect with the TBW gear on end of bar. I"m not much for complaining and waiting around so I setup my drill press with custom sanding drum and polished inside of grip area until it fit perfectly. No big deal. Was definitely the grip as my old grip fit HCC's bars just fine.
So just wanted to let people know that what I got was good. And i'm happy. I think if they just had better informational operations (email, telephone answering , ) things would go better for them. We send of $800 or a $1000 bucks we kind of want to know that we aren't getting shafted. Anyways, long winded but trying to be fair and keep people in the loop.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:20 PM
30glock
Road Warrior
Received 335 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by CalgaryBikeBum
Well like usual , I read the bad reviews after I have sent off my money. That being said, I will give you my review. I ordered my parts by telephone (you can't order online from Canada). They knew exactly what I needed for what I was going to do and were very helpful and friendly on the phone. I was putting 16" Apes on my (new to me) 2008 streetglide.
After the bad reviews I read I was let's say a bit concerned , especially when I didn't get any feedback about my parts being shipped? I called to check on them and got an answering machine but that's normal with small businesses. They are usually working out in their shops. When I got back to my office a few hours later they had called back (long distance on their dime) and informed me that everything had already shipped and I should see early the next week. It was shipped USPS which I love cause I'm tired of getting screwed by UPS and FedEx because I live in Canada. (Paying twice for the same shipping is just a crime). As stated my parts showed up , well packed and on time. I checked box and everything was included as ordered and all seemed to be good quality. Since then it's all been installed and i'm very happy with results. One thing that was an issue was the new grips. They were Drag Specialties parts so not HCC's fault. The TBW grip was too tight and would not slide on far enough to connect with the TBW gear on end of bar. I"m not much for complaining and waiting around so I setup my drill press with custom sanding drum and polished inside of grip area until it fit perfectly. No big deal. Was definitely the grip as my old grip fit HCC's bars just fine.
So just wanted to let people know that what I got was good. And i'm happy. I think if they just had better informational operations (email, telephone answering , ) things would go better for them. We send of $800 or a $1000 bucks we kind of want to know that we aren't getting shafted. Anyways, long winded but trying to be fair and keep people in the loop.

Thanks for this.....I just ordered 16" and was starting to get worried..

Old 02-03-2013, 05:07 PM
UltraWalt
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 30glock
Thanks for this.....I just ordered 16" and was starting to get worried..
I have had two complete sets (2 different bikes) and have had no issues with either complete kit. One set is chrome and the other is black.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:11 AM
ny switchback
Intermediate

First off I tried to order a set for my FLD and never got a call back like I was told I would. Now my buddy ordered a set and their customer service is the worst and I will never ever order from them. I like good customer service even if the price is a little more. That is just me.

Old 09-24-2015, 05:27 PM
FLHXBuzz
Stage I
Default Very Happy with Hill Country Custom Cycles

I ordered pre-wired apes for my Street Glide from these guys. They were very helpful, and confirmed my order quickly. I was very concerned ordering online and paying up front on my credit card because of the mixed reviews on this and other forums. My bars arrived on time, were exactly as ordered. They installed better than I would have imagined, and look great!
Thanks HCC. I would definitely order from these guys again.

Love My HCC Apes!

Old 09-24-2015, 09:58 PM
Guntoter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 81 Posts

I have the 14" HCC bars kit. I bought it on Ebay and everything fit and worked correctly. Recently the Motion Pro clutch cable that was included began leaking oil around the area where the cable housing is pressed into the fitting on the trans end. I replaced the cable and so far, so good. It may have been because I had cable tied it to the frame up front and was pulling on the housing when turning, I don't know. Now I leave it loose and it works fine so far.

Quick Reply: Hill Country Customs Apes?