Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPod interface module, only left speakers working. Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 03:01 AM
webbug
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default iPod interface module, only left speakers working. Help

Did the installation and followed the instructions. All clear and straight forward but when I tested it the left speakers were working (front and back) whilst the right ones.

I did a reverse 19 to 31 and 31 to 19 but nothing changed. All the functions are working well.

Please help me troubleshoot it.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by webbug
Did the installation and followed the instructions. All clear and straight forward but when I tested it the left speakers were working (front and back) whilst the right ones.

I did a reverse 19 to 31 and 31 to 19 but nothing changed. All the functions are working well.

Please help me troubleshoot it.
The tan/black wire should be in slot 31 of the 35 wire connector plugged into the Harman Kardon radio and is the right side signal from the ipod interface. Here are the wiring diagrams and the functions of the wires for both the 2011 CVO Road Glide and 2011 CVO Street Glide, both of which include the ipod interface from the factory and demonstrate the error in the installation instructions from the MOCO for the interface module kit issued BEFORE the Sept. 14, 2010 revised instructions concerning the wire assignments for 19 and 31:

FLTRUSE:

http://

FLHXSE2

http://

Since it's your right side that isn't working, I'd start with the tan/black wire's insertion in the 35 wire connector and be sure that it is fully inserted and locked into place. If you disconnect the plug from the back of the radio, all of the wire terminals (sockets) should be visible immediately behind (touching) the inside of the red lock. If the wire in 31 is different from the rest of the wires (i.e. it's end isn't as close to the red lock as the rest, it's not fully inserted and is not contacting the pin inside the radio's socket. You can also check the other end of the tan/black wire.

If the problem isn't the tan/black wire, I have no other ideas for troubleshooting.

Carl

Old 11-21-2010, 11:53 AM
webbug
Cruiser

Thanks Carl for the info, I will check it out tomorrow.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:03 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Hope you find the problem; I hate it when I think I've done everything correctly and the accessory doesn't work as intended.

The first wiring diagram (FLTRUSE) shows the 35 wire connector (28A and 28B beneath the word "Radio") and the wire assignments. The wire in 31 is tan/black and is for "Right Ipod." The same wire color and assignment is shown in the FLHXSE2 diagram at the bottom/center of that diagram.

Let us know how you make out with your troubleshoooting.

Carl

Old 11-21-2010, 03:13 PM
tamiyasun
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all together
I have a 2011 Street Glide and I bought Harley Davidson Boom Audio iPod Interface
But I don´t find the connector 6 B under my Fairing. Is someone here who can help me and give me the information where I can find tis connector.
Many thanks for all information

Jürgen

Attached Thumbnails iPod interface module, only left speakers working. Help-osh3.jpg  
Old 11-22-2010, 01:04 PM
webbug
Cruiser

Problem solved, special thanks to Carl. The Black/Blue into cavity 31 fixed the right speakers.

The following are based on what was given in the instruction paper

Tan/red * * : cavity 8
Violet/gray : cavity 19
Tan/blue * *: cavity 31
Red/blue * *: cavity 4
Black/blue *: cavity 27

And the following setup that worked for me

Tan/red * * : cavity 8
Tan/blue : cavity 19
Black/blue * *: cavity 31
Red/blue * *: cavity 4
Violet/gray *: cavity 27

By the way, I tried plugging and unplugging the violet/gray into cavity 27 and found no difference!

Old 11-22-2010, 01:08 PM
webbug
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tamiyasun
Hello all together
I have a 2011 Street Glide and I bought Harley Davidson Boom Audio iPod Interface
But I don´t find the connector 6 B under my Fairing. Is someone here who can help me and give me the information where I can find tis connector.
Many thanks for all information

Jürgen
You should find it around the stereo. Just locate the connecters that are similar to those 6B and 6a that are in the iPod harness.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:53 PM
tamiyasun
Stage II
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by webbug
You should find it around the stereo. Just locate the connecters that are similar to those 6B and 6a that are in the iPod harness.
Thank you very much. i found the connector today. But now I have to go to my Harley dealer and ask him for the tool to connect the two wires.
Thanks again for your answer.

Jürgen

Old 12-30-2010, 10:43 AM
marines267
Tourer

i have the same problem but it is with my left speakers