Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Axle Diameter & Rotor Spread 2011 Road Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Just Enough
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Front Axle Diameter & Rotor Spread 2011 Road Glide?

I tried searching but came up with nothing. Does anyone know if the front axle diameter of a 2011 Road Glide is 1 inch or 25mm? Also I need to know the distance from outside edge to outside edge of the two front brake rotors, like if you hooked a tape measure on one rotor and measured through the wheel to the outside of the other rotor.

Thanks for the help.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:21 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 229 Likes on 143 Posts

Axle is 25mm. It's easier to answer questions if we know what you're trying to do.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Just Enough
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DTTJGlide
Axle is 25mm. It's easier to answer questions if we know what you're trying to do.
Thanks for the response, I am looking at a used 2011 Road Glide 18" front wheel and would like to see it I could interchange it with my V-Rod front end that I have on my Dyna. I slid V-Rod 49mm fork legs into my 2008 Dyna triples, and I am currently running the Street Rod front dual disc wheel and Brembos. The rotors are about 5 and 7/16th of an inch apart (5.431" from outside to outside). My current Street Rod forks and wheel have a 1 inch axle, but I think the axle is only specific for the wheel, and a 25mm axle would still work in the V-Rod forks.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:42 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 440 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Enough
Thanks for the response, I am looking at a used 2011 Road Glide 18" front wheel and would like to see it I could interchange it with my V-Rod front end that I have on my Dyna. I slid V-Rod 49mm fork legs into my 2008 Dyna triples, and I am currently running the Street Rod front dual disc wheel and Brembos. The rotors are about 5 and 7/16th of an inch apart (5.431" from outside to outside). My current Street Rod forks and wheel have a 1 inch axle, but I think the axle is only specific for the wheel, and a 25mm axle would still work in the V-Rod forks.
I am putting on a C/F 19"X3" V-Rod BST wheel on a customers bike. Yes you can do it. Your V-Rod wheel is 5.010" wide hub face to hub face. I have no idea how you would increase the with. We just cut off the mounting of the rotors and machined the hub face to our standard XR1200/V-Rod/06 Dyna hub face than added spacers to increase to 6.32" which is the width of your hub on your Bagger. And you do have a 25mm axle.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:21 AM
Just Enough
Road Captain

Originally Posted by FastHarley
I am putting on a C/F 19"X3" V-Rod BST wheel on a customers bike. Yes you can do it. Your V-Rod wheel is 5.010" wide hub face to hub face. I have no idea how you would increase the with. We just cut off the mounting of the rotors and machined the hub face to our standard XR1200/V-Rod/06 Dyna hub face than added spacers to increase to 6.32" which is the width of your hub on your Bagger. And you do have a 25mm axle.
Thanks Howard,
That might be a reason to go to Wide Glide trees.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:43 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 440 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Enough
Thanks Howard,
That might be a reason to go to Wide Glide trees.
Front Axle Diameter & Rotor Spread 2011 Road Glide?

I completely mis read your post. ("49mm fork legs into my 2008 Dyna triples") I should not post when really sick with the flu as it makes you stupid. I apologize for totally bad information that had nothing to do with the subject. I should have read the whole posting where you posted for the second time. I thought you had a 2011 Road Glide & wanted to put a V-Rod wheel on it. I am doing that currently with another HDF member using a Carbon Fiber V-Rod front wheel & a new Road Glide utilizing the new tire they just came out with. I believe that using a wide glide / fat bob set of trees & V-Rod lowers will work. Try and toss the damper on the V-Rod and exchange it with a 1" longer one to gain 1" more of ride height to OEM as well as 1" more of stroke. I personally measured the fork tubes of both and they are the same (V-Rod & 2006 Dyna {non-Wide Glide}) but the pressed in the bottom of the fork tube check valve is for a different size damper rod. You can not exchange 2006 Dyna(larger) into a V-Rod(smaller) Check valve or visa versa. I do not research what will fit as you know I throw all out the OEM internals and install my own 30 mm Ohlins cartridges.

You would have to use wide glide trees on your bike for the wide glide front wheel. We are making everything fit using just the wheel hub. I already did a few using my inverted forks and my wide glide triple trees than expanding the hub on 21" C/F wheels. Not exciting enough to take pictures and you do know my view on anything other than 17" performance tires. The wheel could be made to fit using only the hub and not touching the axle and front forks. You will need new axle spacers.

Please note I have never used Fat Bob trees and have never measured the C to C of the forks. They are suppose to be the same as the wide glide (measurements C-C only). You must center the rotors into the calipers first after installing the forks/sliders/calipers.

Last edited by FastHarley; 12-18-2010 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Typo's lots of em