Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Road Glide Ultra Tour Pak Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 08:25 AM
tanglefootrgu
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question 2011 Road Glide Ultra Tour Pak Lighting

I am looking for some idea's on adding some lighting to the back of the tour pak for increased visibility. I have looked at the HD 67932-11 LED lights but to much $$$. I am considering going with the Radiantz run,brake turn lights. Is anyone using this? What have you done to add more visibility? TIA!

dave

Old 12-21-2010, 08:38 AM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I added the R/T/B kit from Harley, the replacement tail light from Brightasslights.com, and Hyperlites on either side of the license plate.
It's really clean since the Hyperlites are the only added light fixture and they're very small.
The BAL is super bright and has an explosive flash when brakes are applied.
The Hyperlites continue to flash as long as the brakes are applied and stay lit at half power as running lights. It looks real clean but it is lots of light and scary brake lights. Sorry I don't have a picture.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:43 AM
kykurnal
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I added the spoiler kit - color matches and the LEDs really add to the visibility.

It also fits with the luggage rack. If you want, there are matching ones for your saddlebag lids as well...

Old 12-21-2010, 09:55 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Lots of folks here, myself included, use the BAL; higher intensity run light compared to the stock tail light, and super bright brake light with multiple flash patterns to choose from and it's an easy and direct replacement for the OEM tail light.

The HD tour pak LED/spoiler's primary virtue is that it mounts high, but for the $$$ and the brightness, it's a poor value in my opinion; I have one on my Ultra tour pak only because I bought and installed it before the BAL product came out. If I could have only one, it'd be the BAL and it'd be an easy choice.

I've also had the HD saddlebag spoiler/LED and they're a poor value for lighting. I didn't realize how poor a value they are until I road behind my buddy's bike with those on his bags and saw how little brightness they provide.

Several riding buddies use a Whelen TIR-3 from squadfitters.com surface mounted on the tour pak. From a lighting standpoint, a very effective product because it flashes, good brightness, and it mounts high, but cosmetically it's not attractive IMO.

Lots of choices available. Good luck with your research.

Carl

Old 12-21-2010, 10:44 AM
phillyrube
Road Warrior

I just bought a Road Glide with an Ultra TourPak. It has the stock lights and a lighted spoiler. I put LEDs in the run/brake lights. I used to ride a Honda ST1300 and I added a Whelen TIR3 red LED light for an auxiliary brakelight. Here is a link to a website:

http://www.fleetsafety.com/Whelen-TIR3-LED-Light-28

I am thinking of adding one to the RG. I wanted to put it between the wraparound trim and the top lid on the Tourpak, but the light is about 1/8" to tall. If you have a Tourpak without the wraparound, it will install fine below the lid, putting it at about windshield level to someone behind you. The further away, the more light they see.

As far as price, you can pick these up used for between 30 and 40. They also come with an optional chrome flange, heheh!

Old 12-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Dandy1
Supporter

I just added red lenses in place of the yellow and got a kuryakn flasher unit that makes the turn singals into Stop, Tail & Turn lights and it flashes 3 time everytime you hit the brakes. Nothing fancy but everyone says its very well lit up in the back.