Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I feel very fortunate to own my bike

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 05:13 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default I feel very fortunate to own my bike

in today's economy, i feel very lucky to be able to afford this part of the american dream. our big twin harleys is as good as it gets, the best of the best. there have been times in years past when all i could own was an old worn out 350 honda. i have a great 08 streetglide which i got when it was new, and sometimes when we get to complaining about our bikes, just remember, we're pretty darn lucky to own what we got. some guys can afford to trade up every few years, or even own more than one harley. wishing everyone had a great christmas and going to have a good 2011.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:19 AM
hardwork2
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I couldn't agree more. I just got a raise awhile back when others are loosing their jobs. I think its funny(not Ha Ha) how we the fortunate ones sit back and bitch about the . excess heat, tire wear, ect. We should all consider How lucky we are. I'm probly the worst one of all

Old 12-26-2010, 06:24 AM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts

Well said. Sometimes it is good to reflect and be thankful for all and everyone around you as well!

Old 12-26-2010, 06:49 AM
dfirecpt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sold my part of the American Dream in Sept. Someday, I'll have disposable income again.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:54 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

In today's economy - feel happy to have a job & enough $$$ to put food on table. Bikes are materalistic & can be replaced...feel better to be happy, healthy & alive!

Old 12-26-2010, 07:13 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm just grateful to be alive and healthy-- the rest is gravy

Old 12-26-2010, 07:26 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

True, sometimes we forget how well we do have it. Family, job, food, roof over our head, our health, and then the Harley...
Yep, pretty good

Old 12-26-2010, 07:29 AM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I feel very lucky , 2 years ago lost 15% pay and 2 weeks vacation but kept my job, now back to full pay but will never get the vacation time back but doing good and have 2 great bikes and a great wife and life , I hear people win concert tickets or different things on the radio and they will call in and be so happy cause they have been out of work for a year or two and can not aford to go out or do anything and then I really think how lucky I am

Old 12-26-2010, 07:36 AM
RoadHog659
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by lkr0
I'm just grateful to be alive and healthy-- the rest is gravy
Amen! Not a day goes by that I don't thank my lucky stars for the life I ended up with. Just looking around, I consider myself very fortunate. Wife, kids, bike, job ... life is good.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:47 AM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Amen. I was out of work for 8 months last year after the company I worked at went out of business with no notice, and finally got to working again. Believe me, never been harder to keep the things in our lives...home, vehicles, bike, food on the table, etc. We struggled bad...if I hadn't found work in two more weeks, the bike was going out the door.

Every time I see the bike now, I appreciate it more than I did when I originally got it. People complain about the smallest things, I'm just glad we were able to eat, sleep, and stay healthy during the worse times.

Quick Reply: I feel very fortunate to own my bike