Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Center Stand

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 04:11 PM
hambone51
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default HD Center Stand

Any one have the HD center stand? Any problems with it? Happy New Year! Thanks

Old 12-31-2010, 04:37 PM
dgretz
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had it a couple of years now and works good. A little pain in installing it as have to loosen up quite a bit of stuff for the install like the exhaust system

Old 12-31-2010, 04:43 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have it on my '09 Road Glide. I received it last year for Christmas. I love it. (See signature picture)

I had the Chrome Display Stand that was mounted on the front under the Crash Bar. I always had a problem with clearance when in low turns. It would grind the road before the floorboards.

With the new Center Stand, it tucks up under the center and is not seen except for the lever that comes up just in front of the left muffler pipe. I can hardly see it. And when it comes to clearance, it is never problem. I have better clearance with the new frame and can lean over better. I have rubbed the floorboards a couple of times, but Never has the Center Stand came in contact with the ground.

I really love the fact that the end of the stand can be adjusted to make the height of the frame low so the rear wheel is still on the ground. Or the clearance can be set to raise the wheel off the ground, if I wanted to do so.

The only thing I don't have with the Center Stand that I had with the Front Display Stand is that I could use it when I was still on the bike. Now I can only use the stand when I get off of the bike.

There are other stands made by other companies, but, IMO, Harley hit this one out of the park.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:41 PM
AbnMP13
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love it, wouldn't have a bike without it. I have it on my 10 UC and didn't have to loosen anything or the install.

Old 12-31-2010, 07:20 PM
wiltat2
Tourer

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

I had one on my 94 Ultra that was great, so I had one installed on my 2010 Ultra and it drags on turns and you have to be off the bike to use it, cant get it up on it while on the bike, so I think the new one stinks.

Old 12-31-2010, 07:26 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts

Have it on my bike and it is very useful to clean or for maintenance.

Old 12-31-2010, 07:48 PM
Damascus
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've read umpteen comparisons on center stands and the EZ-Up seems to be the up and away favorite. Do a search on it. I owned one and it's rock solid. The damn thing could probably support a tank.

The problem I have with any center stand on my 09 Road King is that I push it pretty hard through curves and I'm constantly catching the foot board supports - never mind a center stand beneath that. And, no, my bike is not lowered, and it has lifted spring Progressive shocks. The Chinese air shocks that come with these bikes is a sad embarrassment.

To each their own, but I'm not presently into center stands. But if I were, that EZ-Up is hard to beat.

Old 12-31-2010, 07:50 PM
Damascus
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wiltat2
I had one on my 94 Ultra that was great, so I had one installed on my 2010 Ultra and it drags on turns and you have to be off the bike to use it, cant get it up on it while on the bike, so I think the new one stinks.
That is what I heard and why I went with the EZ-Up.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:10 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Damascus
That is what I heard and why I went with the EZ-Up.
Where can you buy the EZ-up, and is it a DIY install?

Old 12-31-2010, 08:11 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 633 Likes on 505 Posts

i have the easyup love it freind has the harley like it equally well,as for the hieght adjustment its not a deal breaker it takes him much longer to adjust his if he wants the rear wheel in the air I just throw down a piece of 3/4 inch plywood.

Quick Reply: HD Center Stand