Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle 254E Cams

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 06:02 PM
parakiller
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

May be that the 103 makes the difference with the low end power...I am thinking that the 96" will have a lower power curve and peak out earlier on the top end. (of course I am drinking right now and everything that I say sounds like I know what I am talking about.)

Old 03-09-2011, 09:37 PM
snowman2010
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What other mods do you have on your bike?

Originally Posted by texasrich27
Havenolife is correct, this cam does not wake up until about 3200 rpm, it's decent from 3700 and starts to drop off at 4700. I put them in my 2010 Street Glide on the advice of the dealer. I wanted 204's. Low end torque was terrible. The tuner I went to said it was a terrible choice for the 96, not enough compression I think was part of the problem. He suggested an Andrews 26H and I went with it. Got the low end back and gained 7 lbs of torque at the max. Can't say what the 254 will do in your 103 but I hated it.
I have 2010 96 SG also, I am very interested in the 254e cam upgrade. Is your bike stock other then the cam upgrade? It may explain your feelings and the 26H results. I had 26H in a 95 kit on Road King, produce very well down low but fell off fast IMHO.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:38 PM
liquiddeputy
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All,

After reading the candidate for "Post of the Year," the discussion on the Wood's 555 vs. -6's and/or SE 204's and 255's, I made up my mind...

...and ordered 254E's today.

It was a real, real close run-off with 255's, but discussion in the shop and another guy's dyno sheet helped me decide. Parts will be in Tue/Wed., and I hope to have dyno results by this time next week from a little ways north of Detroit!

~Liquid

Old 03-12-2011, 12:47 AM
Big Pete
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Going in on monday to pickup the SE254E and parts needed to change it out, i'm getting my indy to do the work for me as work is very busy lately and i've been using him for a few years now and never had any problems, after a major service the bike feels like new all the time he does a great job, good to see more interest in this cam and think i have made the right choise as i do like to mix my ridding up with just cruising along and other times turning the wick up a bit and having fun, also just arrived from the states yesterday is the FuelMoto 2-1-2 ceramic coated headpipe, what a work of art that is and so light, could mount it on the wall and look at it all day but it would be better on the bike :-) so now can't wait to get it all fitted and see how it goes

Regards
Big Pete

Old 03-12-2011, 02:02 AM
parakiller
Road Captain

I have had the cam in my bike for over a week. Unfortunatley I am unable to ride due to weather...maybe next week I can give you my opinion on the cam.

Old 03-12-2011, 04:43 AM
PadreL
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, if there's no riding in MN because of the weather, then I'll have to wait for parakiller's opinion on his cams. But I could be in Australia by the time Big Pete gets his cams installed.

Seriously, looking forward to the reviews, especially since I've been on the fence for a while. A 2-1-2 Fuelmoto exhaust with carbon fiber mufflers, and the 254e cams, may be in my future.

Old 03-12-2011, 05:23 AM
Big Pete
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes keep the reviews of the SE254E cams coming in be interesting to see the different opions on it, one thing i don't have to worry about here is snow and the days a cooling down now so some great ridding weather, as long as no more rains and floods to wreck the great back roads to ride on around Brisbane, which there are plenty of :-) i would of been interested in FuelMoto mufflers as well but had already bought the SE Fatshotz which i am happy with and after fitting the 2-1-2 head pipe from FuelMoto hopefully be a litte bit louder but no too loud, can always play around with the discs on the mufflers to find the happy medium between sound and performance

Regards
Big Pete

Old 03-12-2011, 06:35 AM
houronron
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Want to follow this one as i'm looking to possibly trade off my 08 Ultra for an 11 limited today but only if the deal is sweet enough.

Old 03-12-2011, 08:38 AM
street_glider
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm gonna hang out on this one too..

Old 03-12-2011, 09:43 AM
parakiller
Road Captain

More funking snow today....*sigh*....You said that it doesnt snow down in Aussieland? I am THERE!

Quick Reply: Screamin Eagle 254E Cams