Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild Ones or Monkey Bagger Bars

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 04:50 PM
BIGGUY
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wild Ones or Monkey Bagger Bars

I like the Paul Yaffee (monkey bagger bars) but I've heard there is a long wait to get them and they're very hard to run the wires threw. The WO 577 are nice too but they don't look quite as good as the monkey bars. Has anyone had any trouble getting the Paul Yaffee Monkey Bars? Does anyone know if the black finish on these bars is gloss or flat? Thanks...

Old 01-04-2011, 05:22 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,722 Likes on 1,547 Posts

The PYO bars are gloss black. The Wild1's (in black) are like a flat/mat black.
The PYO bars are kinda Hard to get the wires through and the Wild1's are not so hard.

I've owned and like both, but the Wild1's are for me. More pullback...

Good luck on your decision.

lp

Old 01-04-2011, 05:25 PM
5point56
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

My girlfriend ordered bars and matching engine guard directly from PYO and she got them in no time. The bars were in stock and the engine guard had to be made. She was still able to get them in before Christmas.

Originally Posted by BIGGUY
I like the Paul Yaffee (monkey bagger bars) but I've heard there is a long wait to get them and they're very hard to run the wires threw. The WO 577 are nice too but they don't look quite as good as the monkey bars. Has anyone had any trouble getting the Paul Yaffee Monkey Bars? Does anyone know if the black finish on these bars is gloss or flat? Thanks...

Old 01-04-2011, 06:56 PM
OLNo7Street
Advanced

I just went through this same decision myself. Ended up going with the Wild1s. I thought the Yaffe bars looked cool but didn't know if I would get tired of the look later and also dealer talked about the concern of wiring as well. I think both look great. Can't wait to get mine done, believe it will be completed by the weekend.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:17 PM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yaffe bar has the LOOK that wild1 will never have, even if it looks good. Before it was hard to have them but now they are on stock so no problem (i waited 7 weeks+2 to arrive in France...).
I wired it myself with a friend of mine and yes it was not easy but not hard as you can read : lubrification is one the secrets!!

Old 01-07-2011, 05:38 PM
BIGGUY
Advanced

Thanks for the help. Think I will go with the WO's. My arms are short and with more pull back I believe it would be more comfortable but MBB's look great.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:17 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,422 Likes on 21,386 Posts

PY's are about $200 higher than are the W1's, if that's a consideration to you or not...
You could buy 2 sets of the W1's for the what 1 set of the PY's cost..
They are very proud of them...
If you are looking for pullback, you should probably go w/the W'1s though..

Old 01-07-2011, 09:49 PM
North Star
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGGUY

Don't believe everything you hear, lol.

Check out "Harley Parts Direct"- best prices I've ever seen on the Yaffee bars ($325.00 with free shipping), and I asked if he had any Road Glide bars in stock (different than the bars for the batwing bikes), and he had 30 in stock.

IMO, nothing compares to the looks of the Monkey Bars.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:32 PM
DarrenUltra010
Advanced

I have the 12 Bagger apes from Yaffe and at the time they had Monkey Bars in stock. But he will make custom height up to 20 in i believe. They have the best Customer service and Probucts in the Bagger business today. I have called and talked to Paul with questions. He runs a great outfit.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:53 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Get your bars from us, a trusted forum sponsor. There is not always that long a wait on the Yaffe bars, but it depends on what is in stock when you order. I think it really depends on teh look you like as to what you get. As far as price...it is what is. You can't take it with you!

Drew

Quick Reply: Wild Ones or Monkey Bagger Bars