Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any short people(5'5" or less) with street glides

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 10:33 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

Not being a giant myself I faced the same problem. I gave a lot of thought to having the rear shocks lowered but finally went with a new seat from C&C Seats. Problem solved. The stock seat on the 2011 is a little narrower than the 2010 seat but I wanted a new seat anyway. Cant say enough good things about C&C Seats!

Old 01-10-2011, 12:07 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Here's my 5'5" SIL on her '09 SG. All she did was install the Danny Gray solo seat.That's the stock seat in the pic

Old 01-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Huladog
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ditto the Danny Gray Speed Cradle Seat

Yes a shorty can ride the current model SG.

I'm only 5'6" and shrinking with a 27 " inseam according to the pants that fit me right now.

Swap out the stock SG seat for the Danny Gray Speed Cradle which will drop you down and move you forward, plus the nose of the seat is narrower so it helps your reach to the ground.

Granted, it's going to seem really firm compared to a plusher touring type seat but it will give you more confidence without having to drop your suspension anymore.

Aloha,
Huladog

Old 01-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Salinas44
Cruiser

5'5" and just got the 2011 SG. Haven't been riding a year yet so short legs + heavy bike was holding me back from the SG also. Actually had a heritage for 5 months till getting on 1st SG. Had mine about a month later. Used one of the 1" lowering kits for the back and ordered mustang seat. did that for a month then took the kit off once i got the confidence up on it. I'm also getting bars put on that rise and reach back a bit. Along with short legs I have Crocodile arms and the stock bars are just to low and far for me on a 500 mile day. Also going with the Arnott Air System next. Love the idea of slammed in the parking lot and full range on the highway.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:06 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm 5'5" on a tall day.I put the SG shocks on my 09 Classic and the Danny Gray Speed Cradle solo with gel.Now I'm flat footin with HD boots.It is a firm seat but i've had a couple 600 mile days and found it very comfortable.I also bought a mid year 2010 EG seat(narrow nose) that I use when I have the tour pac on,but it is not as low as the danny Gray.

Old 01-10-2011, 02:57 PM
shore
Stellar HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 69 Posts

I'm 5' 8" and use a stock SG seat on my 07 with 2" lowered in the rear....I'm still not flat footed at stop with boots. I think it has a lot to do with the 07 SG seat not being that low. I like its look but it needs to be shaved down a bit and narrowed. The newer SG seat is great. They seem to have gotten that one done right.

I also had a badlander seat and while it was good and low, it felt like poop real quickly.

I almost have the nerve to do my seat on my own....almost. I've done everything else.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Mixter
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I put the progressive front drop in kit recently and it's made a huge difference. I also sent my stock seat to mean city cycles to have it done....didn't like the look of the reach seat for the touring bikes.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:42 PM
djaudette
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HD1C
let me start by saying im whats known as a little dude, 5'5" and weigh all of 155 soaking wet.

long story short (no pun intended) i sat on a street glide yesterday and have to say if i was about 2" taller i probably would have bought it on the spot. it's an extremely nice looking bike but im on the ***** of my feet on it and was wondering what can be done to lower it without losing ride comfort and handling?

also any photos of lowered street glides would be appreciated
I'm 5'6" 175 lbs with a 29" inseam and ride a 2008 Ultra Classic. I put the reach seat on it, some pull back bars and lowered the front and rear 1". I am now flat footed and have no issues with the ride or suspension. I also can push it backwards with no problems.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:38 PM
garyglider
Cruiser
Default My 2009 is right for a short man or woman

well , i m 5'6" , short legs , so i used the Fat Baggers 3 inch drop seat conversion , bought the FB Danny Gray touring seat , sent it to mean city cycles to rebuild the seat , move me forward, 1 1/2 inches , Impact gel , better , my Bottie is very happy , also Progressive 940 shocks , which end of being 11 3/4 inches on shocks when you mount , VERY IMPORTANT , If you are short , you need taller heels on comfortable boots , , ANSWER Lugz Stut Boots , send them to Bills Boot smith in arlington , texas , now i nearly 3 inches under my foot and the most comfortable boots i have ever own , Gary Saia , Tyler texas area

Old 05-26-2011, 06:23 AM
bogieb
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 5'6" with 28" inseam (shorter legs than the guys wife who is shorter than me. I bought the bike used and it had a Road King seat on it, which has the narrower nose. I also just dropped the back end an inch with one of those kits off of ebay. I am flat footed now, just not if I'm on a steep hill that has a good crown on it (most of the places I have to stop every day).

I just bought the SG seat off a forum member and plan on sending it out to get it narrowed and lowered, as I really hate the looks of the RK seat on this bike (see sig pic). I've thought about lowering the front end too, but I'm really enjoying the handling with the way it is now.

Quick Reply: any short people(5'5" or less) with street glides