Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any short people(5'5" or less) with street glides

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 05:47 AM
garyglider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Short people jokes ,you have to love the intelligent

Well i love tall people that love to pick on short people riding touring bikes , being a vietnam vet , i use to tell my over 6 ft brothers on my team , the VC will like them first ( bigger target , ) , tell that to Audie Murphy in WW II , maybe manufacturers should build a motorcycle touring to fit all men and women , they did , they call it , a 3 inch fat baggers drop seat conversion , I have one , HA, some say it too expensive , well so is 3000.00 worth of chrome to polish , Everyone should have a Nice Day , , maybe one day Harley will learn how to build a decent suspension , and not screw the customer

Old 09-22-2011, 03:55 PM
zhotrod
Stage I

Love that..Could you send me some information on how your bike rides now since the fat baggers drop seat,.,. I am looking at selling my 2001 heritage softail custom.. it has been lowered to fit a short person being i am 5 ft 1 & 1/2. I love my bike it is very beautiful and loaded with chrome. but i am planning on going out west and doing alot of long distance riding next year so i need a touring bike like the new street glides..

Thank you

Old 07-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Taterz
6th Gear

How did the seat work come out with mean city?

Originally Posted by shore
I'm 5' 8" and use a stock SG seat on my 07 with 2" lowered in the rear....I'm still not flat footed at stop with boots. I think it has a lot to do with the 07 SG seat not being that low. I like its look but it needs to be shaved down a bit and narrowed. The newer SG seat is great. They seem to have gotten that one done right.

I also had a badlander seat and while it was good and low, it felt like poop real quickly.

I almost have the nerve to do my seat on my own....almost. I've done everything else.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Taterz
6th Gear

How did the drop seat do for you considering one for my 2012 sg.

Originally Posted by garyglider
Well i love tall people that love to pick on short people riding touring bikes , being a vietnam vet , i use to tell my over 6 ft brothers on my team , the VC will like them first ( bigger target , ) , tell that to Audie Murphy in WW II , maybe manufacturers should build a motorcycle touring to fit all men and women , they did , they call it , a 3 inch fat baggers drop seat conversion , I have one , HA, some say it too expensive , well so is 3000.00 worth of chrome to polish , Everyone should have a Nice Day , , maybe one day Harley will learn how to build a decent suspension , and not screw the customer

Old 07-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Taterz
6th Gear

I'm 5' 5 265 lbs and ride 2012 sg. Having trouble with mine as well. Was considering drop seat kits . Do have any experience with those?

Originally Posted by 1HD1C
let me start by saying im whats known as a little dude, 5'5" and weigh all of 155 soaking wet.

long story short (no pun intended) i sat on a street glide yesterday and have to say if i was about 2" taller i probably would have bought it on the spot. it's an extremely nice looking bike but im on the ***** of my feet on it and was wondering what can be done to lower it without losing ride comfort and handling?

also any photos of lowered street glides would be appreciated

Old 07-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Taterz
6th Gear

How did the drop seat work for yeah? Considering one for my sg as well

Originally Posted by garyglider

Old 07-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Rain
Tourer

Not sure if it'll help anyone but I ditched the Corbin Close solo and went with a stock Road Glide seat. It sits closer to the bars than the Corbin Close and the foam is not as rigid so it gives when I put my legs down at a stop.

I can definitely flat foot it now with a slight bend to my knees. It's pretty comfortable for me as well. Can't believe that after all of the money I spent trying different seats a used "like-new" Road Glide seat from Craigslist for $150.00 ended up being the fit for me.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:26 PM
rjhill
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Huladog
Yes a shorty can ride the current model SG.

I'm only 5'6" and shrinking with a 27 " inseam according to the pants that fit me right now.

Swap out the stock SG seat for the Danny Gray Speed Cradle which will drop you down and move you forward, plus the nose of the seat is narrower so it helps your reach to the ground.

Granted, it's going to seem really firm compared to a plusher touring type seat but it will give you more confidence without having to drop your suspension anymore.

Aloha,
Huladog
Yepp DG speed Cradle here works badasss

Old 08-07-2014, 12:54 PM
jeffdag
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am 5'5" and ride a road glide ultra. Although I switched over to progressive shocks, the best advice is to have your seat re-worked so the nose of the seat is narrower. This will bring your legs closer together and allow your feet to reach to the ground.

Another suggestion is to have a shoe repair person add a thicker sole to the bottom of your riding boots. Usually an extra inch can be added without making you look like Herman Munster.

Old 08-08-2014, 02:10 PM
garyglider
Cruiser
Default FAt Bagger drop seat

Hi , Gary here in Texas , I am a Fat Baggers dealer the drop really helps ,, I have mean City cycles redo all my seats , also when you have done ,,, Get Heli Bars totally adjustable handle bars , kinda expensive ,, but gives better control ,, worth every damn dime ,, if you are short in height , legs, you will also be short in arms ,, best damn handle bars i have every rode ,,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gary at Warpspeeds

Quick Reply: any short people(5'5" or less) with street glides