Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Centech AP-1 fuse box on an 09 EGC

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 07:49 AM
flhrbill
Club Member
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Centech AP-1 fuse box on an 09 EGC

Is anyone using the Centech AP-1 auxiliary fuse box on a 09 EGC? I want to clean up the rats nest under the seat by installing an auxiliary fuse box. I currently have (2) heated gear plugs, battery tender, HogTune Amp and air horn attached to the battery. It would be great to use the extra fuse box.

I've sent 2 emails to Centech over the last month and have yet to get a reply. So I'm hoping I can get a few answers here.

1) Is there enough room under the left side cover to install the AP-1? I have the air horn compressor in the right side cover.
2) Does the AP-1 come with all the positive and ground cables to install onto the battery?
3) Can I run the battery tender through the AP-1?

Do you have recommendations for other fuse boxes?

Thanks

Just had 20 inches of snow. Hey Al Gore, when is it getting warmer?

Old 01-13-2011, 08:15 AM
baldeagle503
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the PC-8 from the guy at www.easternbeaver.com. It took a little work with the dremel but I got it to flush mount in the opening between the battery box and where the seat hooks in.

The PC-8 has 2 un-switched and 6 switched connections so you could run your battery tender through one of the un-switched connections. You have to buy your wiring harness separately and he sells different lengths based on where you are putting the fuse block.

Some people stash them in the fairing, I don't know about the side panels.

RB

Old 01-13-2011, 08:18 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a Centech AP2 on my bike. My driving light power wire kept melting the positive terminal on the Centech. I don't know if it was a loose connection or not. It worked fine at first, but suddenly started doing this. I don't think it was the connection because I checked them regularly. Anyway, I've since changed to an easternbeaver PC8 and haven't had any problems in over a year and 20k miles. I also run my driving lights 24/7.

P.S.- I would still run the air horn to the battery even with an aux fuse box. If you have everything running and hit the horn, it draws a good amount and might blow a fuse. JMO.
I run intercom, 2 sets of heated gear, driving lights, and hyperlites off my PC8. I also have my battery tender on one of the un-switched circuits.
You cannot run the battery tender through the AP1. I don't think?

Last edited by mcrider1; 01-13-2011 at 08:25 AM.