Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Se pro 103 performance upgrade kit

Old 11-21-2011, 05:34 AM
sweetglide103
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes...the new 103 bike comes with automatic compression releases....

Old 03-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Txav8er
Stage I

Originally Posted by sweetglide103
i just installed this 103 pro kit in my new streetglide 103.....i wasn't overly impressed so far....but i haven't been able to get into the throttle either....bike is brand new and trying to baybe it till it gets some miles on it....then i guess at 1,xxx miles i'll get it dynoed and tuned.....hoping it pulls harder than im thinking it does....but like i say.....haven't had it over 3xxx rpms....

How do you feel about it now? I'm looking to upgrade my 2012 sg also and am looking for some first hand feed back.

Thanks,
Roger

Old 03-11-2012, 11:04 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts

updateing my post from last january.Retuned with tts last july with updated program I downloaded(valve opening and closeing).Last week also changed the t66 rear to t68.No dyno time so all I can say is with very little effort the front end lifts off the ground.It now has as much power as a big fat *** bike can use to get out of the way, and engine jumps with a twist like the motor mounts are ready to snap,lol
running the stock throatle body aswell,but bigger valves,springs(mcr)

took a chance but Im much pleased with the 259e cam so far.used the cometic head gasket to make shure I pushed the compression over the edge.Id do it again just for the sound.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:53 PM
NorCalFBLO
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra 2008
Upgraded my 2008 Ultra to 103" w/10.5:1 pistons, SE 259E cams, SE A/C, HP Beehive Valve Springs, SEPST, Kuryakyn "Crusher" slip-ons, w/stock heads and no CR's. Dynoed at 93HP and 109 ftlbs of torque. Runs really strong from about 2500 - 5500 rpms.

After running it a while, stock clutch would not hold in high rpm's going from 4th to 5th or 5th to 6th. To help with this issue I installed a AIM VPS clutch plate. Also had some periodic hot start issues and "banging" at start-up. Subsequently installed HT 110 starter and the SE Compensator. All seems to be well at this point. Have about 8k miles on build and it runs really well for a heavy bike.

One caution I would suggest is consider CR's and the SE Compensator with your upgrade, you will be happy you did!!

Roger
I upgraded my 2010 Fatboy Lo to 103" w/10.5:1 pistons, SE 259E cams, S/E A/C, Beehive Valve Springs, no head work, PCV, compression releases, and a D&D Fatcat and mine dynoed at 111.18 HP and 116.94 TQ. Mine pulls hard from around 2000 all the way to 6200 rpm's. I say compression releases are a must, especially for hot starts.

My stock clutch was also slipping in 4, 5, & 6 so I too went with the AIM VPS clutch plate and it sloved the problem. I did not change the spring as I did not want a harder clutch pull.

I have 7500 and the rebuilt and have no signs I need to replace the starter or compensator. I credit using the compression releases for every start for that.

I've enclosed a copy of my dyno sheet.

The following users liked this post:
elvisj3 (03-06-2023)
Old 03-12-2012, 04:09 AM
mac0478
Road Captain

Originally Posted by big6x6
Hmmmm..

I see this over and over lately.....as if the Fuel Moto 107 is the ONLY game in town...it's not....and not by a long shot... I know this is an "opinion" and I have one too...

I don't feel I "wasted" my money on my Stage III kit for my 2011 FLHX... My dealer has been WAY beyond supportive....continuing my warranty after kit was installed. My work was done by experts that know H-Ds inside and out.. My dealer is right down the road...I am welcome there and they know me well...by NAME. They do good work and stand behind it because they want me to RETURN. If something DOES come up...they are right there.. No mail order company, no matter HOW good, can offer that. If you have a dealer you like and trust..there is no reason to NOT get a Screamin' Eagle 103 Stage III kit.....build a rapport with that dealer....I've gotten more than my moneys worth from mine!

My Stage III 103:

$1500.00 installed including Dyno TUNES as in plural. Included pushrods, 211 SE cam, 103 cylinders, SE 10.5:1 pistons, clutch spring, valve springs, gaskets, etc, etc..(I all ready had a SERT)

Runs like a million buck! Yeah....I wasted my money!
Great numbers and good solid advice. I am looking at the same set up as yours for my 2011 FLHR. I had my Propipe installed last Wednesday and already had the SEPST and SE Ventilator installed at first service. Now I want more. What is the cam lope like on the 211?

You're definitely correct in developing a relationship with your dealer. Sure I had my issues and there was some terse words spoken between me and the service manager. Now that we both no where we stand, the dealership has gone well and truly out of their way to do the right thing. My dealer had never installed a Propipe before and after riding away on the dealer I called then to tell themo that the tune is wrong. They had me back the next day to tune the bike on the dyno. Three hours later my bike is running awesome.

Sorry to hijack the thread but not all dealers are mongrels and there is more options out there than what is the flavor of the day

Old 03-12-2012, 09:33 AM
2010UltraRider
Stage II
Default New 103 SE Kit!

I am new to this forum but have been reading everyones threads for about 6 months trying to put together a good build for my 2010 Ultra Classic. Purchased this bike new and rode it stock with the exception of a stage one air cleaner for 30000 miles. After reading all this stuff on the forum I decided to go with the 103 stage four kit (2012 version) minus the heads. I took my stock heads to R&R in Manchester NH and had them do their magic to them. 259E cams, 58mm throttle body, high flow injectors, perfect fit +.030 push rods, clutch spring, SE 10.5.1 pistons, heads decked to give me 10.8.1. ACR,s, SE plugs and wires. Having riden this bike for two years stock let me tell you this thing surpasses any expectations I ever had. I was somewhat concerned about this cam but wow guys this thing pulls hard till it hits the rev limiter, keep in mind they did an initial set up to run rich, my first dyno numbers were 108 HP and 107 torque. I rode this thing all weekend in the cold in New England loaded up with my wife on the back and even at 50 MPH in 6th gear on a large hill all I had to do was twist the throttle and I soon was hitting 70 without missing a beat. I cant tell anyone if that 58mm intake was a plus or not but with only 600 miles on the bike I dont think I would go back to the original unless I see some good evidence that stock would give me this kind of performance. I feel those 259E cams are the best fit for a touring bike, I have driven a friends touring bike with the 255's and it pulls hard to about 3800 then runs out of juice. The bike goes back later this week for final tweaking but I appreciate all the good info I received on this site and I hope my experience will help someone else. Ride safe.

Old 10-04-2014, 04:14 PM
erno0610
Intermediate
Default SE Pro Stage III Kit - Twin-Cooled 103 Cubic Inches

I have a 2014 Ultra Limited. It has a 103 engine and is liquid cooled. I'm about to put it in winter storage at my HD dealer. I am looking to get the SE Pro Stage III Kit - Twin-Cooled 103 Cubic Inches (92500021) put in it along with Harley Vance & Hines Power Duals Head Pipe X (1802-0260) and Rinehart 4" Slip Ons with black end caps. I do between 8 - 10K miles per year. Go to Sturgis every year (2,500 mile round trip with all the local riding). Any comments/suggestions?

I am a newbie so please excuse any ignorance or dumb comments on my part. Thanks in advance!

Old 10-04-2014, 06:53 PM
jmcdermit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First of all, welcome to the forum! You might have better luck in creating your own post instead of asking your question in a post that is already a couple years old.
What are you looking to achieve with the installation of this kit? Do you pull a trailer with this bike? Do you go up a lot of big mountains? Do you do a lot of two-up riding? Do you like riding wheelies and rolling burnouts? We need more info!

Old 10-04-2014, 07:17 PM
erno0610
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jmcdermit
First of all, welcome to the forum! You might have better luck in creating your own post instead of asking your question in a post that is already a couple years old.
What are you looking to achieve with the installation of this kit? Do you pull a trailer with this bike? Do you go up a lot of big mountains? Do you do a lot of two-up riding? Do you like riding wheelies and rolling burnouts? We need more info!
Thanks for the response and the advice! I'll remember that for the next time. No trailer, no big mountains, rarely two-up, no wheelies and no burnouts. Mainly pretty flat rides, Mississippi Great River Road, Chicago to Sturgis once a year, Chicago to Detroit as well as Chicago to Southern Indiana/Northern Kentucky. I'm more concerned with extra power for passing semis and occasionally kicking my friends butt off the line - he rides a 2007 CVO Limited. I do quite a few miles each year as well. I do a lot of 3 and 4 hour rides to customers when the weather permits.

My Harley dealer is recommending SE Pro Stage III Kit - Twin-Cooled 103 Cubic Inches (92500021) put in it along with Harley Vance & Hines Power Duals Head Pipe X (1802-0260) and Rinehart 4" Slip Ons with black end caps. Total with installation is around $4200.00.

Thanks again for any advice!

Old 10-05-2014, 08:05 AM
jmcdermit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Stage 3 kit is Price: $1,249.95 and the Power Duals are about $500 and Rineharts are 600-700 WOW!!!!! for a grand total of about 2500 in parts alone. Once you figure in about 8 hours labor (I am guessing 8 hours as this is what I was charged 10 years ago to go from 88inches on a wide glide to a 95" kit and a stage 3 kit is essentially the same thing/tearing off the jugs and replacing pistons/springs/etc.). 8 hours labor at....lets say 100 dollars an hour and you are at 3300. I will assume they add in a few more hours to install your exhaust so lets make that an even 3500. Now you have dyno time to add on to that, and fluids and you will also probably need a different air cleaner. Depending on the details the dealer may not be too far off. I think if it were me and I wasn't too concerned about the warranty there would be other routes I would go outside of Harley Davidson. FUELMOTO!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Se pro 103 performance upgrade kit