Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Toy Haulers for Dressers

Old 01-25-2011, 02:16 PM
scot210
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my 2cents. When you said Dodge Ram, do you mean 1/2 ton pick up?? If so, then you should find out what the truck can tow. Leave your self about 10% of the total towing amount GVWR, it is your cushion. Don't use that. So now that leaves the weight of your Toy hauler, but remember to add to the dry weight of the TH about 800-1000lb for water, food and stuff, you may drop some of the water carrying to lessen the weight. Then you have to throw into the mix the weight of bike or bikes. Some of the lite weight TH's are not built very well. Check to see what the floor is made of, so many of them use partical board, which in my opion is really not that great. Also check the carrying capacity of the Toy Hauler.
In general, the 1/2 truck and TH combo with the weight of a Harley and your stuff, may be a little on the small size. Depends on how often you would use it and where you are going.
If you want to pick my brain, (it doesn't take to long ) you can PM me, and I can get all the towing info for you, same goes for the toy hauler.
Good Luck in your search

Old 01-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Bowhunter61
Road Warrior
Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts

I have a 2010 Fuzion 302 TH that I have hauled 2 baggers in for at least 5,000 miles over all and never once was there a smell of gas, maybe the smell of "Harley"

Anyways, as stated, most TH have vents you can open on the side to allow airflow while your driving. Also as stated the garage area floor is typically a cleanable floor is you were to spill any gas. But I still don't see how you are going to "spill" gas. You sure shouldn't be gassing up the bike inside the TH.

If you can swing it, go with the separate garage area like someone suggested, easier to leave the bike in if it's just you and the wife.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:45 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1st of all if your bike leaks , fix the leak 2nd that sales man must not have had a toy hauler to show you , stay away from him and go some place else . on my second hauler , first one was a learner , het one with a front bedroom and a garage , we have a KZ sportsmen now and love it , first one we had to unload the bikes to fold down the beds PITA , there is no perfict hauler out there though so just look around and get the best one that works for you , look out for kitchen size , storage , cubbards , and bathroom size

Attached Thumbnails Toy Haulers for Dressers-sam_0996.jpg   Toy Haulers for Dressers-sam_0826.jpg   Toy Haulers for Dressers-sam_0827.jpg   Toy Haulers for Dressers-sam_0829.jpg   Toy Haulers for Dressers-sam_0823.jpg  

Old 01-25-2011, 04:48 PM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Here is ours ...no fuel issue. We have an external fuel station, so we have no gas cans

Old 01-25-2011, 05:12 PM
soulpony
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 21 ft Attitude toy hauler, we hauled my bagger and my buds crusier 2200 miles, no smells, did have to pull the bikes out at night so we could eat and sleep. Used plenty of tie downs and the bikes never moved a bit.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Theakerr
Tourer

Thank-you Gentlemen. Confirms what I thought. This is why I belong this Forum. Real World Help. By the way my 2003 FLHTCi doesn't leak.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:35 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Theakerr
Thank-you Gentlemen. Confirms what I thought. This is why I belong this Forum. Real World Help. By the way my 2003 FLHTCi doesn't leak.
see you have nothing to worry about , now you can go camper shopping , good luck

Old 01-25-2011, 05:39 PM
hdtrader
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...go with a Roadtrek and a trailer. It's a great way to travel and easy to get around on the highways and city driving.

Attached Thumbnails Toy Haulers for Dressers-roadtrek2.jpg   Toy Haulers for Dressers-roadtrek19.jpg   Toy Haulers for Dressers-roadtrek9.jpg   Toy Haulers for Dressers-roadtrek28.jpg   Toy Haulers for Dressers-roadtrek29.jpg  

Old 01-26-2011, 04:54 AM
Theakerr
Tourer

Have looked at a Road Trek but they are expletive expensive, even if we bought in the US. We live in Central Canada and our kids live in Alberta, BC and Washington. They do not have sufficient bedroom space for us to stay with them, so we are going to take our beds with us so to speak. Taking the bike is non negotiable. It goes. As I see it we have two options. 1) get a small motor home and take the bike in an enclosed trailer that we already have. Problem with this is we have nothing to take the Grand-kids around in when we get there. Option 2 is to get a new truck and a Toy Hauler. More money and a much bigger rig, but gives us flexibility when we are there. Have to make a decision soon though while all the winter sales are on.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:12 AM
Ribitt
Tourer
Cool

if you are only going to carry one bike do like i did and get a side loader for 1. mine is a keystone cougar 310 and is perfect for me the ol;lady dog and bike.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Toy Haulers for Dressers