Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets see the air cleaners! I still need to change mine!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lets see the air cleaners! I still need to change mine!

Ok, I have been looking and asking everywhere, but cant seem to get a straight answer on these two questions

Why is a kuryakyn Hypercharger junk?

For about 250.00 with the blue face plate and butterflies I think it will look awesome, but will it perform and why do people say it is a waste?

Will the S&S single bore tuned induction FIT on a 2010 FLHTK Limited?

I have seen on J&P Cycles in the fitment section that the part is listed as fitting, on the Phat Bagger website it says you need to cut the lower fairing. Read a review on this site that said you might have cut the lower fairing... Might?????
I installed a HOG-TUNES system and the speaker cover on the lower fairing sticks out about 3/4 of inch, where as before the speaker, the area was just flat. the system is about 500.00 dollars give or take 50 depending on the website.

Now I have read on the S&S website that this system is better than the regualr tear drop and that it has the ability to open her up with as much as 15% HP across the board. If so, I want it!!!! (if true!!!) But fitment is the issue. I have questioned Rob's cycle supply, eastern performence they do not carry it, crusier customs, J&P and an Indy dealer, none of which were very much help. I want it to LOOK BAD *** and function.

Can you help or make a suggestion.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Tek74
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry I'm not answering your questions, but I just wanted to say that I'm really diggin your bagger. That Blue/Black combo color looks sweet. I say just forget all the fancy Air Cleaners and just throw on an oval-shaped HD Screamin Eagle air cleaner like the one's on the current CVO's.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:59 PM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

It's not a touring bike but here is my S&S cover.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks, I dig the color. I was going to go with the red and black but when I saw it person I had to have the blue and black. trying to add mods that will keep with in the blue and black color scheme, just have to carefully plan it out.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:10 PM
blusmbl
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Email S&S, they're great with customer service. They may be able to answer your question. I have their teardrop cover on my RKC.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:11 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Old 02-01-2011, 07:21 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Had the Hypercharger on my last bike, not junk, just depends on how much power you want it to handle, if your going to do engine mods you won't be keeping it long, if you stay stock, no problem.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:25 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

make sure you buy one for 08 and newer...more or less a matter of taste on a stock motor

Old 02-01-2011, 07:27 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want glitz and glitter I have seen on just a couple bikes an air cleaner that is illuminated on the inside giving it a tunnel effect. Sorry, don't remember who makes it but I thought it looked cool and I am not a fan of neon lights on Harley's.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:03 PM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

may not be what you are looking for but i'm proud of this one

Attached Thumbnails Lets see the air cleaners!   I still need to change mine!-rsd-air-cleaner-the-turbine-025.jpg  

Quick Reply: Lets see the air cleaners! I still need to change mine!