Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security warning light

Old 10-05-2006, 11:42 PM
392heminut
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security warning light

Took my new Ultra up to the mountains yesterday and during the ride the little red 'key' warning light came on so I pulled over and got the owners manual out to see what that was all about. Aparently it is some kind of warning light for the security system. I didn't get an alarm system with this bike so I have no idea why it is even coming on. When I fired the bike back up and took off it was out. It came on a couple more times before I got home, but would go out after a minute or so. Anybody got any ideas what is up with the light?

Old 10-05-2006, 11:58 PM
vulhalla
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Security warning light

I thought it had something to do with the electrical system, or like a check engine soon light

Old 10-06-2006, 12:03 AM
MACK
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

THE 07 ULTRA AUTOMATICALLY ARMS WHEN YOU TURN OFF THE BIKE AFTER 10 SECONDS. WHEN YOU TURN THE SWITCH IT DISARMS AS LONG AS THE FOB IS IN YOUR POCKET. YOU PROBABLY DO HAVE A SECURITY SYSTEM BUT NOT THE OPTIONAL SIREN.CHECK YOUR PAPERWORK

Old 10-06-2006, 12:06 AM
mndemohead
Tourer

I hate to see stories like this. I dont want to scare you, but I bought a new R.K. in 2005 with the exact same issue. To make a long story short It had my delaer stumped for a few weeks. I went round and round with H.D. customer service and my dealer and honestly never had more sh!tty service from anyone in my life. After the dealer and a H.D. rep tearing apart my bike for almost a month during prime riding season I pretty much forced them to buy it back. I heard later that they Had to replace the speedo and the turn signal module to fix it. Deffinately take it into the dealer, because unless they changed something for 2007 its deffinately not normal.

Old 10-06-2006, 01:49 AM
392heminut
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: MACK

THE 07 ULTRA AUTOMATICALLY ARMS WHEN YOU TURN OFF THE BIKE AFTER 10 SECONDS. WHEN YOU TURN THE SWITCH IT DISARMS AS LONG AS THE FOB IS IN YOUR POCKET. YOU PROBABLY DO HAVE A SECURITY SYSTEM BUT NOT THE OPTIONAL SIREN.CHECK YOUR PAPERWORK
No, I specifically nixed the security system when I ordered the bike, and there were no fobs with the bike when I got it. I can't see the MOCO putting one on the bike just out of the kindness of their hearts, and I certainly didn't pay for one.

Old 10-06-2006, 01:51 AM
392heminut
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: vulhalla

I thought it had something to do with the electrical system, or like a check engine soon light
It's not the check engine light, that is an orange light that looks like a little engine outline. I haven't had any problems with the bike, and it seems to be running just fine when the light comes on, I'm just puzzled as to what is causing it to light up.

Old 10-06-2006, 01:56 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,716 Likes on 1,544 Posts

It's actually the new HD automatic advertizement system. It's like a popup ad.
Its telling you to: Buy the security system, buy the security system...

lp

ORIGINAL: 392heminut

ORIGINAL: vulhalla

It's not the check engine light, that is an orange light that looks like a little engine outline. I haven't had any problems with the bike, and it seems to be running just fine when the light comes on, I'm just puzzled as to what is causing it to light up.

Old 10-06-2006, 10:13 AM
mndemohead
Tourer

The light you are refering to is the little red light in the shape of a key, correct? That is exactly what my R.K. did. Would light up whenever it felt like it. Not normal, take it in, and make them make it right.

Old 10-06-2006, 12:18 PM
GMONEY220
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

The bike is wired for the security sys from the factory Your really just ordering a specific color and may be SE option.Maybe hd forgot to disconnect it after your request.Btw,you havent installed any led's have you?

Old 10-06-2006, 12:20 PM
392heminut
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: mndemohead

The light you are refering to is the little red light in the shape of a key, correct? That is exactly what my R.K. did. Would light up whenever it felt like it. Not normal, take it in, and make them make it right.
That's the light. Since it doesn't seem to be affecting anything I'll have the dealer look into it when I take it in for the 1,000 mile service.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Security warning light