Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger pillion for 07 flhtp ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 02:26 PM
WHITEOAKS
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger pillion for 07 flhtp ????

I just purchased an 07 FLHTP (police ElectraGlide) and want to install a passenger seat for my better half yet keep the original solo air seat on the bike. From reading some members discussions I believe that Mustang might possibly make a pillion that would fit behind the solo seat, along with a passenger backrest, and would leave room for the air seat to function. The local Harley shop parts guy said there is no pillion passenger seat made that will work with the solo air seat but from what I was reading is sounds like someone using this forum made the system work. Can anyone give me a hand with information on whether this can be done and if so what the brand and part number are. I also want to install a passenger seat back rest with some kind of rack behind it, so if anyone out there has that experience and expertise I would very much appreciate any and all info. THX!

Old 02-19-2011, 03:22 PM
cudski
Cruiser

Hey Whiteoaks,
Yes it can be done....check out www.mustangseats.com (type in your year and then FL Air Ride Police). The Drag stock # is 0805-0036 for the smooth version and retails for around $198.00. I would also recommend the Mustang Solo mounting nuts (Drag # 0820-0020 and they retail for around $7.95.

As a side bar, My wife loves that seat with the HD detachable sissy bar.

Ride Safe

Old 02-19-2011, 05:25 PM
WHITEOAKS
Intermediate

cudski, thx for the reply. Hope you don't mind if I pick your brain a bit more. Went to the Mustang FL Air Ride Police site and I see 2 pillion passenger seats, one smooth and one textured. I do not see the drag #'s you gave though. I see part number 79428 for the smooth and 79436 for the textured. Are those the correct seats you were referring to? Showed them to my wife and she said she like the textured because she thought she would be less apt to slide around which makes sense. Do you know if I will have to remove the rear tubing frame were the radio was mounted and that covers the pressure tank for the air seat? As far as mounting the seat I believe I understand how the front slotted brackets slip into the Road King seat mounting nuts. As far as the rear bracket goes I do not have a stud or bolt that sticks up out of the fender to slip the rear bracket hole over. There is a hole in the fender with a plastic cover plug stuck in it that has an HD emblem on it. I am assuming I would have to get the appropriate stud or bolt assembly in order to secure the seats rear bracket. Would you happen to know what a part number would be? Appreciate the help. If you have time and it not too much trouble I'd like to know what setup you installed for the rear seat backrest.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:50 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,945 Likes on 1,705 Posts

And if you want a rider backrest for the air bladder seat, check out THIS one from Utopia

Old 02-19-2011, 06:21 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by WHITEOAKS
cudski, thx for the reply. Hope you don't mind if I pick your brain a bit more. Went to the Mustang FL Air Ride Police site and I see 2 pillion passenger seats, one smooth and one textured. I do not see the drag #'s you gave though. I see part number 79428 for the smooth and 79436 for the textured. Are those the correct seats you were referring to? Showed them to my wife and she said she like the textured because she thought she would be less apt to slide around which makes sense. Do you know if I will have to remove the rear tubing frame were the radio was mounted and that covers the pressure tank for the air seat? As far as mounting the seat I believe I understand how the front slotted brackets slip into the Road King seat mounting nuts. As far as the rear bracket goes I do not have a stud or bolt that sticks up out of the fender to slip the rear bracket hole over. There is a hole in the fender with a plastic cover plug stuck in it that has an HD emblem on it. I am assuming I would have to get the appropriate stud or bolt assembly in order to secure the seats rear bracket. Would you happen to know what a part number would be? Appreciate the help. If you have time and it not too much trouble I'd like to know what setup you installed for the rear seat backrest.
there's a threaded retainer that fits on the fender and is secured with a c-clip. the part number is 59768-97

http://www.latus-harley-davidson.com...AT-NUT-KIT.htm

Old 02-20-2011, 09:32 AM
cudski
Cruiser

Hey Whiteoaks,
My seat is textured (our wives think alike). I removed my police rack and had my air compressor relocated to the side panel. So the clearance for the rear seat was never an issue for me. I have seen a couple of guys use the rack as the base for their luggage/touring pack. I used the HD removable hardware for my sissy bar and luggage racks. Dawg is an excellent resource and would also be able to provide some insight.

Your police bike is an awesome blank canvas to create your own special edition.

Good luck and safe riding