Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sinister rear fender questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 07:29 PM
diesel6060
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default sinister rear fender questions

So I am saving up to put an aftermarket stretched rear fender and extended bags on my 07 streetglide. I have only seen these bags and fender independent of each other on the maker sites. I really like the look of the sinister fender with the scallop that runs wide to narrow towards the bottom of the fender. I also like the top shop extended bags and my body and paint guy says they work well together. Here are my questions for those of you who have these two options together on your baggers:

1. Does a stock seat look weird or to tall on top of the fender which would be an overlay not a replacement fender? I do not have the cash for a seat also.

2. Would an extended fender like this look off if I went with 3.5 extended bags or should I go with the 4 inch bags? I am a little concerned about rubbage around corners and I already know about the steel or carbon fiber plates for this.

3. I want to put recessed led lights in the gap filler panels which my painter would recess and clear over which makes them permanent but hard to replace or repair. It looks sweet but I am wondering if it is California legal?

4. Any pics of guys who have done this with an 07 streeglide would help.

I know I know, check other threads. Please don't beat me up about this question. I am looking for answers not a war of words. I have checked other threads and have not seen my questions yet.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:55 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Mine is an 06. 3.5 inch bags. The fender exhaust cut outs will be filled in since I am going with Big Radius pipes. If you can't afford a new seat right away it shouldnt be a big deal. I am going with the sinister lights, that way if there is a problem, it will be an easier fix

Attached Thumbnails sinister rear fender questions-winter-mods-095.jpg   sinister rear fender questions-winter-mods-093.jpg  
Old 02-01-2011, 03:26 PM
slothy
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here is my '11 with sinister bags and fender initial mockup... filling holes also and going to a drag style pipe.

as for seat - just shave it down some.

Last edited by slothy; 02-01-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:54 PM
diesel6060
Road Captain

How long are your bags? Yours is going to look great.
Originally Posted by slothy
here is my '11 with sinister bags and fender initial mockup... filling holes also and going to a drag style pipe.

as for seat - just shave it down some.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:56 PM
diesel6060
Road Captain

I like the looks of yours. I would assume that mine would look more like what you have. Why are you not staying with the duels? What kind of seat will you go with?
Originally Posted by FFeric
Mine is an 06. 3.5 inch bags. The fender exhaust cut outs will be filled in since I am going with Big Radius pipes. If you can't afford a new seat right away it shouldnt be a big deal. I am going with the sinister lights, that way if there is a problem, it will be an easier fix

Old 02-01-2011, 08:58 PM
diesel6060
Road Captain

Did either of you worry about the fender being an overlay? They don't offer a replacement fender for an 07.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:59 PM
slothy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by diesel6060
I like the looks of yours. I would assume that mine would look more like what you have. Why are you not staying with the duels? What kind of seat will you go with?
the '11 sinister fenders are a replacement fender. i was going to use stock, but i ended up getting a yaffe stretched tank, so i might hack up the stock on to fit or just take the easy way and buy the seat he sells.

i believe the sinister bags are 4" stretched

i like the look of solid rear end and the look of drag pipes. Sold 21" front and doing 26" front - waiting on neck kit And triples to come in so i can weld up neck.

Last edited by slothy; 02-01-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:13 AM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I am taking the duels off and going with Big Radius. Once I have some extra money I think I will get a C&C seat.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:03 PM
diesel6060
Road Captain

Can I see pics of your project when you are done. I want to do this but am waiting for cash and someone elses ride to compare to. Thanks

Old 02-17-2011, 12:55 AM
JohnCA58
Tourer

Top Shop products are great, I have a top shop fender for sale for a hundred less than cost. that I decided not to use, I modified a 09 fender and built a metal fascia.

Attached Thumbnails sinister rear fender questions-rear-fender2.jpg   sinister rear fender questions-road-king-ready-for-paint-001.jpg  

Quick Reply: sinister rear fender questions