Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Revolution Precision EMS Tuner Install by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 11:22 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts
Default Revolution Precision EMS Tuner Install by Fuel Moto

We have been working with Revolution on their new Precision EMS tuning which uses dual Bosch wideband O2 sensors along with re-written tuning strategies for the Dephi ECM which allows for a broad range of adaptability and adjustability. This is very good system for those that want to simply install a tuning system and ride and our testing has been very impressive so far. Fuel Moto has also provided Revolution Performance with specific spark tables and other tuning parameters that I have developed in house for the combinations we work with which gives our customers an even more accurate calibration for their setup right out from the start

We recently installed an EMS on a 2010 Touring and put together a quick overview.

Start by removing the maxi-fuse and ECM

Next you will install the front and rear Wideband O2 sensors, you will need exhaust pipes with 18mm O2 bungs

Remove fuse box cover and the 2 bolts securing the fuse box, locate the headlight circuit and attach the included threaded posi-tap connector, the other end will attach to the red wire on the EMS harness which is used to power the wideband controller. Run the ground wire to the stock ground stud on the frame. Carefully run the wiring from the O2 sensors back to the EMS controller and plug the wideband sensors into the EMS harness, and mount the EMS controller next to the fuse box.

Carefully route the O2 output wiring along the frame over to the right side of the bike and plug them into the the factory O2 plugs which are under the right side cover

You will now fill out all of the information on the customer information sheet and send the ECM to Revolution Performance using the pre-paid shipping label in the package. They will reprogram the unit and return it to you Next Day Air. When you receive the ECM you will plug it into the harness and reinstall the maxi-fuse, you can now initialize the system which is done by turning the ignition and run switch in the on position for 10 seconds, then turn the ignition to the off position for 10 seconds. Repeat this procedure 4 times. You can then start the bike, let it idle until it gets up to operating temperature. Do not blip the throttle during this time. You are now ready to ride.

More to come...

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 02-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Garcou
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bring on the dyno sheets!

Old 02-25-2011, 12:53 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

See if you can talk 'em into lowering the price. The price may not be out of line now but some of us can now see the poor house not far down the road.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:07 AM
hover
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I've been reading these threads all winter long, I still cant make my mind up between the PV or PCV! I was almost ready to buy the PCV, Now I gotta hold off and wait again? I'm just gonna flip a coin to decide unless PCV's go on sale!LOL

Old 02-25-2011, 07:17 AM
CrusingHarley
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hover
I've been reading these threads all winter long, I still cant make my mind up between the PV or PCV! I was almost ready to buy the PCV, Now I gotta hold off and wait again? I'm just gonna flip a coin to decide unless PCV's go on sale!LOL

I am with you. I am at the same point you are and leaning towards the PV. I will wait a little longer to see how this plays out.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:22 AM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I want to see a tuner comparison also.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:54 AM
hdman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this industry has to KEEP changing and developing new and hopfully better
products, HOWEVER... I have a PCIII on an 06 Harley and a PCV on a 2010 Harley.

I am very satisfied with both bikes and their performance.... I DO NOT CHANGE tuners with every new tech product that comes down the pike. Yes, if I get another bike, I
want the latest tech products, but I dont worry about having the "LATEST" on all bikes
all the time. All my tuners have come from Jamie and Fuel Moto. I am VERY
pleased with his Products and his Customer Service. Both are TOP GUN.
"RUN AND GUN WITH FUEL MOTO...THEN RIDE''... Dont worry about the "LATEST"

Just my .02................ hdman

Old 02-25-2011, 08:35 AM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 14,628 Likes on 4,624 Posts

I just finished the build on my bike, and decided to go with the rev perf. system, VERY impressed!! bike runs fantastic no violent dyno tunes, no wondering if its really close to where its supposed to be. you can upgrade into it without doing anything but a reset and an idle period (5 minutes!) this is the future of tuning for sure. haven't dyno'ed it yet, may not, numbers won't tell me what I already know, bike is FAST and runs GREAT! I highly recommend anybody thinking of doing anything to their motor to consider this product. I have nothing to do with rev perf other than being a happy customer, and have recommended it to all my friends. By the way have been a professional mechanic for over 40 years, and can recognize a good product when I see one

Old 02-25-2011, 08:59 AM
shore
Stellar HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 69 Posts

$700...yikes.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:17 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

i see a few outfits selling them for $640. still a chunk of change.

Quick Reply: Revolution Precision EMS Tuner Install by Fuel Moto