Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

se 254e cam swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 11:20 AM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalH-D
After the research I did, I cannot think of one company that did more R&D on their cam package. The 254e will be more than enough for 95% of the people out there, I am very impressed with the power delivery and the power under the curve all the way to the TOP. I suspect that others results may be based on the package the are adding WITH the cams, just as mentioned above.

Bigger is not always better.
I've got the same bike and cams on the shelf. Would be interested in getting a look at the torque curve if you get it dynod. Was going to do it this winter, but got busy. It's running so well right now with my existing upgrades, I'm just debating if I should wait until the warranty runs out.

Mark

Old 04-02-2011, 01:36 PM
snowman2010
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ColoSpgsMark
I've got the same bike and cams on the shelf. Would be interested in getting a look at the torque curve if you get it dynod. Was going to do it this winter, but got busy. It's running so well right now with my existing upgrades, I'm just debating if I should wait until the warranty runs out.

Mark
I am told that these new e cams will not void warranty. My dealership states HD has them listed to that effect.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:39 PM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Well Dan...

How have those 254E's been treating you? Get the bike on a dyno in the last few months?

Old 11-04-2011, 09:12 AM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain

Installed over the summer. Dyno tuned and came in at 100 ft lbs and 91 hp. i think it can use some fine tuning as when hot, light roll-on at 2500-3000 rpm causes some pinging; which shouldn't happen with the late intake close of these cams.

Mark

Old 11-04-2011, 07:06 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by parakiller
...see I was using a straw, a drinking straw, to see where the piston was. I grabbed the rear tire and spun the motor and glanced over at the rear piston and the straw was GONE....I was like...wtf....then I got dizzy after I realized it went INSIDE THE HEAD.....I was like oh ****....called the dealer....freaked out...called my friends...freaked out some more...then i was looking at the bike in disbelief shaking my head cursing myself for being stupid...and there it was...on the floor, the straw...it was on the inside part of the floor jack so I could not see if but for the angle I was looking at it from the front...now...I am not sure what the moral of the story is...but I will not be using anymore straws...just sayin....
I know, it's an old thread, but I just noticed this post. This sounds familiar, except my foreign object ended up inside the combustion chamber. Years ago when messing with my old Evo RK, I used a...uh...pencil, thinking it would just slide up and down in the spark-plug hole. Right? Wrong. It broke, and half of it ended up inside the engine. In a panic I called a trusted tech and he said, just crank it up and it'll pulverize and spit it out without you even knowing it. What if it caught between the head and valve? "No problem, the wood isn't strong enough to cause any damage." I was not comfortable with this, but I did it, and he was right. I never knew it was there and that old RK ran another 50k miles or more without issue, 'til I traded it in on my present bike.

Last edited by iclick; 11-04-2011 at 08:34 PM.