Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hogtunes amp/speaker install with pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 05:03 PM
ClinesSelect
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hogtunes amp/speaker install with pics

One of the first mods I did to the bike was to swap out the stock speakers for a set of the Hogtunes 0902-AA drivers since the very short windscreen on the SG all but completely drowns out the stock set up. Even powered by the stock Harman/Kardon deck, the new drivers made a big difference in both sound clarity and volume.

For an even bigger improvement, I decided to try the Hogtunes amp and the 0914 speaker combination. Bottom line...its worth every penny if your goal is to be able turn the radio up loud enough to clearly hear it at 70mph and not have to listen to the stock speakers sound like the cone is about to rip away from the surround.

Hogtunes amp with wiring harness

Hogtunes 0914 speakers next to the stock speakers

Mounting bracket for speakers

Inside of fairing before installation begins

Speakers removed

New speakers installed. I covered all of the wiring with plastic conduit to match everything else inside the fairing

Amp installed and all wiring encased in the plastic conduit and zip tied in place

Power and ground wires were run inside the stock wire run and then attached to the battery.

The installation is completely plug and play and all of the wires are clearly marked. For a remote on you use the cig lighter. There is no splicing however, it just plugs into the back of the lighter. The most time consuming part is running the wires under the tank as I did remove the bolts holding the tank in place to get access to the stock wire run. We rode about 350 miles yesterday and even my wife noticed the improvement, which is saying a lot since she couldn't care less about car audio.

PEZ is hell of a nice guy and has a long history with car audio. Call or email him and he can answer any questions you might have.

Old 10-10-2006, 05:14 PM
Timex
Tourer
Default RE: Hogtunes amp/speaker install with pics

Gret looking set-up. How much does the Amp run ($$$)

Old 10-10-2006, 05:17 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pez ~ do you have something like this for pre-HK systems?

Specifically, for an 05 RoadGlide...

Please advise...

Thanks!

Old 10-10-2006, 05:30 PM
johnny5
Intermediate

Thanks for the post. Thinking of the Hogtunes for my 07 SG. Haven't had the stock speakers out to see how crappy they really are. After seeing the side by side, its a no brainer. I'm ordering my Hogtunes.

Old 10-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Boatman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had the HT's for over a year and couldn't be happier. Forgot how bad the stock speakers looked until seeing the pic's again. Once again the MOCO gets us, couldn't have cost them more than $10 a bike to put in decent speakers at the manufacturer level pricing.

Old 10-10-2006, 07:09 PM
PEZ
Tourer

Wow David

Glad your happy! The MAXXBASS circuit does work huh?

Hey Phil M Yes--we can set you up--We were not selling the amp by itself, but due to the bi demand for an amp that will go in a fairing, we are now. In the case of a RG, the RG Adaptor is required. You can see it by following the link at www.hogtunes.com/ultrasound.htm

Timex--the amp retails for $229.95 but the members price is $200 plus shipping. This is not available to buy off the site, but if your interested, drop me an email

Thanks again Dave! Ride Safe everyone!

PEZ

Old 10-10-2006, 08:12 PM
ClinesSelect
Tourer

ORIGINAL: PEZ

The MAXXBASS circuit does work huh?

PEZ

It sure as heck does. The view out the mirrors is now blurry before you even start the bike... [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 10-10-2006, 11:41 PM
swomack
Road Master

If that's a capacitor on the oem speaker that will explain where some of the bass is going. Can a guy just use the hogtunes front and rear and not have to have the amp. I have to careful since I used to get a little carried away with radios & speakers. But then again I don't think I could fit 18 speakers and 4 cd changers on the bike???

Old 10-11-2006, 10:09 AM
PEZ
Tourer

Hey SWOMACK

Our speakers were actaully designed to work off the factory radio first. The amp was designed as part of our rear speaker kit. Since the radios our rear speaker kit would be hooked up to will only power 2 speakers, and amplifier must be present to run the new 2nd set.

That is a capacitor on the the factory speakers, but its there to suck low frequency out of the tweeter, not the woofer. There is no low frequency "protection" on the woofer.

Hope this helps--PEZ

Old 10-11-2006, 10:39 AM
swomack
Road Master

Mines an '06 and already has the rear speakers can they be be replaced with yours without the amp?

Quick Reply: Hogtunes amp/speaker install with pics