Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S&S Power Tune Duals vs V&H Power Duals

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Kaution321
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

No one else with S&S power tune duals? They look similar to the VH dresser duals but with the hidden crossover which I like. I too am thinking about go the SS power tune duals route.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 157 Posts

thats what am changing to but it will be a month before i have them on.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Kaution321
Intermediate

I may do the same probably in a few weeks. What slip ons are you going with?

Old 03-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Larry the Landlord
Road Captain
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I am interested in hearing opinions on the S&S also. They do not seam to be very popular yet.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Bmusg
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ganno57
Anyone have any with experience with the S&S Power Tune Duals #550-0004? They come with both size oxygen sensor bungs & a hidden crossover. Debating between the S&S header pipe & the V&H Power Duals. I dislike the way the collector looks on the V&H product is the only reason I have not purchased the product yet.
I have the S&S Power Tune Duals on a 2010 FLHX with 4" Rhineharts. I'd planned on going with V&H but wasn't wild about the look of the crossover. The local dealer suggested the S&S and showed me a couple sets installed. The system is very well built, fairly complete with excellent chrome quality. My only experience with V&H was a set of Big Shots on a metric bike. While I had no complaints with V&H, the S&S felt like higher quality gear.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:37 AM
Wv7o
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaution321
No one else with S&S power tune duals? They look similar to the VH dresser duals but with the hidden crossover which I like. I too am thinking about go the SS power tune duals route.
As of today I am running the S&S power tune duals, with big sucker stage 1 A/C, Rinehart 4in. pipes and a Power Vision.

The headers look and fit great and of course the sound is incredible. The power chamber is about 4in long and 1 to 1.5 in. wide it is completly hidden by the heat shield.

If you like there look then ther is no reason to not go with the power tune duals, IMHO.

The following users liked this post:
bendog02760 (12-23-2022)
Old 03-04-2012, 05:05 AM
nomad
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the looks of the V&H power duals, i have them on my roadking with the 4" Jackpot tuned slip-ons. Awesome sound. My .02

Old 03-04-2012, 07:25 AM
tcfamy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been running the Power Duals for a year and find them to be a great header. I have an 02 and switched from True Duals and a PC III to the Power Duals and a TMax. There is also a 98" kit with cams and heads on there. This cleared up a lot of tuning issues with stumbles and surging. The only issue I have is there seems to be some flow issues with the back cylinder between 1500 and 2100 rpm. It just won't settle in to a consistant tune in auto tune. Front cylinder is good. It may just be a reverberation issue with a less restrictive run to the muffler. Nothing major, and you don't notice it while riding, just when you check the autotune offsets. Overall a great product and a reasonable way to add an O2 sensor/autotune setup to an earlier bike. By the way this outperformemed in everyway the true duals! -Tom

Old 03-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Kaution321
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Wv7o
As of today I am running the S&S power tune duals, with big sucker stage 1 A/C, Rinehart 4in. pipes and a Power Vision.

The headers look and fit great and of course the sound is incredible. The power chamber is about 4in long and 1 to 1.5 in. wide it is completly hidden by the heat shield.

If you like there look then ther is no reason to not go with the power tune duals, IMHO.
Good to hear positive feedback on the S&S power tune duals. I ordered this set up last week (S&S Power tune duals and 4inch Rineharts), except I'm going with the SE Heavy breather and SE race tuner.

Anyone with videos of the S&S power tune duals w/ the 4inch rineharts in action?

Old 03-04-2012, 08:08 PM
hoofnhog
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

I have been running the S&S duals on my '09 FLHRC with D&D 4 inch cans..... tremendous sound improvement, ( I was running the D&D's on the '09 stock headers before). They have been on 9000 miles now with no problems. Like all things S&S...great quality and performance.... no "tinny" V&H sound.....

By hoofmender at 2011-04-12

Quick Reply: S&S Power Tune Duals vs V&H Power Duals