Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics Of Your FLTC Tour Glides.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 11:22 AM
dirtygurty
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default apes

those are 14" apes an I did buy new cables.i have a 99 night train with 18" apes an I didn't want to go high on both scooters seeing how the FLT is for the long hauls.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:44 PM
saz
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtygurty
those are 14" apes an I did buy new cables.i have a 99 night train with 18" apes an I didn't want to go high on both scooters seeing how the FLT is for the long hauls.
Thanks! Did you extend your wiring, and did you run it through the bars or leave it outside? I have never done bars on a bagger, as this is the first one I have owned.

I am jealous of the 99 Night train, I had one until last August when some jacka$$ ran a stop sign and totaled it.......

Old 04-19-2015, 03:17 PM
dirtygurty
Advanced
Default apes

I ran the wires inside the bars an I did have to extend them about 4" but its not a bad job just take your time an do it right.i love my train,its a 99,1st year of the night train last year of the evo.

Attached Thumbnails Pics Of Your FLTC Tour Glides.-train1.jpg   Pics Of Your FLTC Tour Glides.-train2.jpg   Pics Of Your FLTC Tour Glides.-train3.jpg  
Old 04-22-2015, 02:32 PM
Ruffinit
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looking for some shovel pics? Here is my 1980 FLT (Raindancer). I have the TourPak off right now (it's the locking quick release type). Mods done by the first owner are air shocks around 1982 and it has extra brake/running lights mounted to the guards.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:38 PM
Ruffinit
Advanced

Some of the items that I would like to change for rideability sake are figuring out how to extend the brake pedal so I can actually get my whole foot on the floor board and the extension of the shifters for the same reason. While I like the seat, I would like to figure out how to change it up for something with a little more support and maybe lumbar. I really would like to find a radio caddy at a reasonable price as much for the tunes as the CB radio. That's it. I love the bike and plan on having it for as long as possible. I love the way you can really drop it to the ground when cornering.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:33 PM
dirtygurty
Advanced
Default Flt

guys I am looking for Fairing for my FLT its a 91 model,if you know of one please let me know, thanks.o yea that's a nice looking shovel brother.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:35 PM
dirtygurty
Advanced
Default CB

Originally Posted by Ruffinit
Some of the items that I would like to change for rideability sake are figuring out how to extend the brake pedal so I can actually get my whole foot on the floor board and the extension of the shifters for the same reason. While I like the seat, I would like to figure out how to change it up for something with a little more support and maybe lumbar. I really would like to find a radio caddy at a reasonable price as much for the tunes as the CB radio. That's it. I love the bike and plan on having it for as long as possible. I love the way you can really drop it to the ground when cornering.
I have a CB for sale, I just took it off of my 91 tour glide,got the dash controles and the wires and midland CB with the mount.

Old 04-24-2015, 11:34 AM
Ruffinit
Advanced

I'd be interested in looking at that CB to see if it's something that would work with my bike above. I haven't figured out how to PM yet, but if you figure that out I'd love to see some pics of the unit.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:15 PM
dirtygurty
Advanced
Default cb

Originally Posted by Ruffinit
I'd be interested in looking at that CB to see if it's something that would work with my bike above. I haven't figured out how to PM yet, but if you figure that out I'd love to see some pics of the unit.
the CB its self mounts under the tour pack mount and the controls go in your dash.i have attatched 2 photos, see the lil black thing under my tour pack mount? that's the cb.

Attached Thumbnails Pics Of Your FLTC Tour Glides.-1c0be0ce-d790-493a-99f7-d939188456b2_5.jpg   Pics Of Your FLTC Tour Glides.-1c0be0ce-d790-493a-99f7-d939188456b2_4.jpg  
Old 04-25-2015, 06:59 PM
Ruffinit
Advanced

Great. I can't see the pics. Says that I don't have permission. Can't PM either for the same reason I think.. Okay, seems that there are some things I won't be able to do for 30 days after registering and these abilities seem to be included.. viewing photos shouldn't be one of them.. My opinion of course.

My email is Cascadian1@live.com

Last edited by Ruffinit; 04-25-2015 at 07:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Pics Of Your FLTC Tour Glides.