Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide outer fairing and inner fairing alignment

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 03:01 AM
Grunt66
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Glide outer fairing and inner fairing alignment

I have just installed a set a of Hog Tune speakers in my Road Glide. I have a question, is the outer fairing suppose to go under the black weather stripping on the inner fairing? Or is it supposed to fit flush against one another? I did not notice how the outer and inner fairing aligned prior to removing the outer fairing.

As of right now, the outer fairing (starting up by the windscreen) is flush with the inner fairing. It is not over the top of the inner fairing and it is not underneath it. It is flush against one another. I have the service manual, and I followed all of the steps. The alignment tabs on the outer fairing and inner fairing are aligned properly. Down by the outer fairing screws by the left and right speakers the outer fairing starts to go under the inner fairing.

Thanks in advance. On a side note it took me about ten minutes to get the outer fairing to engage the hooks on the radio bracket.

Old 10-14-2006, 05:14 PM
Vegas FLTRI
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Road Glide outer fairing and inner fairing alignment

Flush, and a little hint for the next time. once the outer is off look at the headlight from the inside it has clips on the adjustment screws. if you remove the headlamp it makes for very simply alignment to the hooks and then you can snap the headlamps back in once the outer fairing is installed.