Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King gas cap and fuel gauge solutions

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 10:24 PM
roadroids
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road King gas cap and fuel gauge solutions

OK, I have/had a flush mount Harley gas cap and fuel gauge. The fuel gauge, well it really never worked all that well, some of the LEDs that have stopped lighting and the gas cap is plastic and poorly put together. The cap basically fell apart - four pieces o-ring, spring, cap, and the black plunger looking thing that was supposed to keep the gas in the tank. I guess I'm lucky, I got a few years out of it.
I would like to hear what you all have done. Since the gauge never really works, have any of you done anything different than replace a gauge that doesn't work with another gauge that doesn't work? I'm thinking of getting a honest gas cap that's made from chromed aluminum or at least polished aluminum for the right side. I have no clue what to do with the left side. I would love some suggestions. The most solid gas caps I find do not seem to come with a fake cap for the left side. Suggestions? I really want to avoid a Harley solution that falls apart.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:58 PM
durtyburt
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Do u have the HD brand flush mounts? I've never had problems w/mine, don't know what u could do, maybe go back to stock?