Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing SE compensator kit w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 08:55 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts
Default Installing SE compensator kit w/pics

Originally Posted by wscott
========================

God luck with the new Baker comp and please report back to us how it does as you rack up the miles on it which by all indication should be just fine.

I hope the SE comp i installed does well with the additional oil the compensaver i installed provides,only time & miles with tell the real story on that one.

Scott
So far my SE comp with the compensaver is running great. Smooth as ever. I have the Hayden tensioner too. Very happy!

Old 05-28-2015, 07:31 AM
skiddd
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
I didn't know Harley still sold the complete kit with the included rotor?
On the Harley page it's "out of stock", do you already have it or did you just place an order?

If you don't have it yet you might be getting a call that you have to order Screamin' Eagle Big Twin Compensator-42200064A and Rotor (Part No. 30041-08A): 2006-2011 Dyna, 2007-2011
Softail (except 2008-2009 FXCW, 2008-2011 FXCWC,
2009 FXSTSSE3, 2010 FXSTSE and 2011 FXSTSE2)
and 2007-2010 Touring models separately.
I ordered it last Thursday(05-21-15) its actually coming today according to the ups tracking info............. it comes with a rotor that works on my bike(2009 FLHX) I got the adhesive in 2 days, not bad service. I ordered it from a company in Ohio...........

Old 05-29-2015, 04:01 AM
skiddd
Supporter

Originally Posted by hydrolock43
I just noticed that a couple of my compensator bolts are marked as grade 8 and a couple have what looks like an egg roll engraved in them, are those the Chinese ones?
Awesome :icon_cr ackup: :icon _clapclap:

Old 05-29-2015, 02:23 PM
skiddd
Supporter

I installed the compensator this morning. all went very well with no issues at all. I bought a set of grinding bits from Harbor Freight and I must say they worked awesome!!!!!! THEY WERE $4.99! my bike feels very tight now, no loud clunk, hot starts are how they should be now...........NO BANG!........... IT TOOK ME ALL OF 2.5 HOURS TO DO.........

if anyone needs adhesive for when they do theirs I have like 3/4 of the tube left. anyone is welcome to it, just pass it on to someone else after you use it(there's at least enough to do 2 more in the tube)just say the word and I'll ship it out to you. I don't want any money, this place has helped me out way too much to ask for anything from anybody................
Installing SE compensator kit w/pics-comp1.jpg

Installing SE compensator kit w/pics-comp2.jpg

Installing SE compensator kit w/pics-comp3.jpg

Installing SE compensator kit w/pics-comp4.jpg

Installing SE compensator kit w/pics-comp5.jpg

Old 05-29-2015, 02:25 PM
skiddd
Supporter
Old 05-29-2015, 02:26 PM
skiddd
Supporter
Old 05-31-2015, 10:18 PM
psalwasser
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default vulcan works installed today

I did the vulcan works comp eliminator today with the stock tensioner. starts with no clunk, shifts crisply -up and down, and no low speed lugging. very happy with it. installed a screaming eagle at 25K and lasted 40K. put the vulcan in today at 64K. put around 125 miles on it today and happy. thanks for the thread for the original photos to install the se comp when I did. handled the vulcan with ease the 2nd change out. hope to get to 100K with the vulcan.

Old 06-01-2015, 02:27 PM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 136 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by psalwasser
I did the vulcan works comp eliminator today with the stock tensioner. starts with no clunk, shifts crisply -up and down, and no low speed lugging. very happy with it. installed a screaming eagle at 25K and lasted 40K. put the vulcan in today at 64K. put around 125 miles on it today and happy. thanks for the thread for the original photos to install the se comp when I did. handled the vulcan with ease the 2nd change out. hope to get to 100K with the vulcan.
==================

I installed a New SE comp kit & GMR compensaver oiling system for the compensaver on my 09 FLHTCU to replace the original comp that was shot at 9,700 miles & hope i can get more then 40k out of the new SE comp & Compensaver oil combo i installed.

I was also considering going the comp eliminator route too but couldnt find and or get enough people that had 1st hand exp going that route that also had enough miles on it to make me feel comfortable with the feedback i was getting to try it .

What yr & model bike do you have and is the motor stock and or tweaked at all?

But i wondered why HD hasnt gone that route (solid sprocket) to avoid and or get away from all the issues they have with the compensators unless its simply that they dont too loose all the revenue sales of comp kits and srvc genrates for HD that's the reason they dont go with a solid comp sprocket eliminator sprocket system.

If not a money thing then maybe it's that at times (esp with modded high output motors) that they/HD feels or from prior testing found a solid sprocket comp eliminator could cause an issue with the solid sprocket transferring too much trq & or vibration etc from the motor that could possibly reduce srv'c life of the trans and or bearings etc in the drive train.

But i don't know if thats the case or not.

Good luck with your comp eliminator sprocket and please check along the way as the yrs/mile add up.

Scott

Last edited by wscott; 06-01-2015 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:15 PM
skiddd
Supporter

Good luck with your projects guys. I'll update on how my new comp is holding up, hope you guy do the same............. so far if feels like a new bike to me........

Old 06-27-2015, 04:31 PM
SugsPa
Road Master
Received 121 Likes on 56 Posts

Thanks bowa18 and all who contributed to this thread. Changed mine out without a hitch and is running great.

Thanks Again,

SugsPa

Quick Reply: Installing SE compensator kit w/pics